Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Bunny.net removes the top up criteria and account credit is for lifetime now
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bunny.net removes the top up criteria and account credit is for lifetime now

Just got this email from them...

At bunny.net, it's our goal to become the most customer centric company in the industry. As part of that, we decided expiring credits are absolutely not our thing.

We are delighted to announce that effective immediately, all grandfathered accounts such as yours that still operate on our old billing system will no longer have their credits expire while still keeping the benefit of not having any monthly minimums.

This means you can enjoy your account balance for the life of your account with no additional payments required as long as you maintain a positive balance.

Thank you for making the internet hop faster! ๐Ÿš€

ยซ1

Comments

• nfnnfn Veteran

@BunnySpeed ATM I have no active website running and my balance is $0 but I have this message after login

"Negative Account Balance
    In order to continue using bunny.net and protect your data, you need a positive balance on your account. To keep your account active and your service online, please recharge your account as soon as possible.'

Why $0 balance is negative?

I receive this email too ๐Ÿฐ

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep

@nfn said:
    @BunnySpeed ATM I have no active website running and my balance is $0 but I have this message after login

In order to continue using bunny.net and protect your data, you need a positive balance on your account. To keep your account active and your service online, please recharge your account as soon as possible.'

Use the code GET5 :) Sorry for the crappy UX there. We sent this to every grandfather account, so the actual billing system applies to your account as well.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • I've been meaning to use Bunny for an app as it caters all my needs. But being the lazy eff I am, I keep postponing the actual application writing part. Nonetheless, 100% awesome service.

• nfnnfn Veteran

@BunnySpeed said:

@nfn said:

Use the code GET5 :) Sorry for the crappy UX there. We sent this to every grandfather account, so the actual billing system applies to your account as well.

The code is not valid for your account... No bunny yet ๐Ÿ˜

@nfn said:

@BunnySpeed said:

@nfn said:

FIVERBUNNY?

Thanked by 2nfn ariq01
  • nfnnfn Veteran

@BunnySpeed said:

@nfn said:

@BunnySpeed said:

@nfn said:

FIVERBUNNY?

Nope ... "The code is not valid for your account."

• nfnnfn Veteran

Just notice that in the billing page I have -$0.01 while in the FrontPage I see $0.01.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Score. I'm about to be using the Bunny for some things this week if all goes well.

edited November 2021

Internet is acting up, this posted twice.

• nfnnfn Veteran

I have no words to express my gratitude for @BunnySpeed action.

I have no active services atm, but they just credit my account by hand.

This is real customer attention!

Thanks for your time ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ™

• Did not get e-mail (I blame @jar), but happy to hear the good news, will save me few bucks per year :P

Thanked by 1jar

@JabJab said:
    Did not get e-mail (I blame @jar), but happy to hear the good news, will save me few bucks per year :P

Check spam, we use SendGrid, do I need to say more? :D

@JabJab said:
    Did not get e-mail (I blame @jar), but happy to hear the good news, will save me few bucks per year :P

:p

I do this just because I can:

root@gw:~# darun grep em5860.bunny.net /var/log/exim/mainlog | grep "High scoring"
    root@gw:~# darun grep em5860.bunny.net /var/log/exim/mainlog | grep "MXRBL"
    root@gw:~# darun grep em5860.bunny.net /var/log/exim/mainlog | grep "Saved" | wc -l

Thanked by 2alilet bikegremlin
  • I actually had this scenario about a year and a half ago. I had topped up $15 3-ish years ago for the required and then another $15 a year after that to maintain the yearly status. Unfortunately I was spending less than like $0.45/month on the highest end. I asked support if there was any way to extend my credit out and they were very kind and pushed it out for 6 years after that point so it didn't expire. Bunny has always been top notch in support and service so they're always my go-to with projects.

• Very nice decision for users using little bandwidth! Thanks @BunnySpeed

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

I still have 5 USD of unused credits, I tried setting this up before on wordpress but maybe I will try again

Staging is looking good. You ready for Black Friday @BunnySpeed? I'm gonna ride you like a cheap hooker.

Don't terminate me.

• This is great news! I think mine will last until I die as I keep on recharging for keeping it from expiring and my use isn't all that big.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jar said:
    Staging is looking good. You ready for Black Friday @BunnySpeed? I'm gonna ride you like a cheap hooker.

Don't terminate me.

Hookers in a Jar, interesting idea.

Thanked by 1jar
  • If I didn't get the email, how would I check if I'm a grandfather.. I mean grandfathered account?

• GET5 and FIVERBUNNY doesn't work for my account. Oohh..

Anyway, a very good service from you @BunnySpeed

• @caracal said:
    If I didn't get the email, how would I check if I'm a grandfather.. I mean grandfathered account?

If you don't have the $1/m minimum spend, you are grandfathered

• Time to take on Quic.cloud? @BunnySpeed

• @Neoon said:

@jar said:

Don't terminate me.

Hookers in a Jar, interesting idea.

@jar,
    Don't get caught with your hand in the Cookie Nookie Jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Great news. Saves me $10 every year!!!

• Sooo, now cdn company is a bank?

edited November 2021

@Gravely said:
    Time to take on Quic.cloud? @BunnySpeed

You mean the other way around? :tongue:

We're not really trying to focus on what other CDNs are doing, our primary goal is to listen to our users and see where we can help and try to relentlessly innovate where we can. Obviously, some core services need to be done first, but we also have some super unique things coming SoonTM.

• @BunnySpeed said:
    FIVERBUNNY?

Thank you :love: , love bunny :smirk: