Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Windows VPS min 4GB Ram? Suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Windows VPS min 4GB Ram? Suggestions

Hi!

Iam looking for these kind of VPS if someone has recommendations:

RAM: Want: 6GB, i draw the line at 4GB ram
Core: Want atleast 2 Core, But min: 1 core, the more the better.
Location: Europe, can be US or Canada also IF offer trial first. Asia isnt tested so I dont know
Recurring each month: Yes
Price: 5 dollar, for 6GB Ram i can maybe go to 6dollar a month.
Bandwith: Unlimited

Out of the question providers I have tested and not worked:
Virmach:
because i live in Europe i never managed to get it going properly.
This was my first VPS så maybe it was me that setup it wrong.

Cheap Windows VPS: location is in Buffalo, so it went to slow for me
because i live in Europe.

Tried 3 others also without not really any luck. What I did notice though was that
US didnt work properly for some reason even though i want to use it. If there is Trials
To test its most welcome.

I hope there is any Good suggestions and that I can find a provider to idé a Long time.
I Will scale up further down the road if it works as it should.

Best Regards

Lawballer

Comments

• How much your budget? Surely it won't be cheaper than $5 / mo.

• I really dont want to pay more than 6 dollars per month. I dont have a budget right now to pay anually. Only monthly.

I prefer 5 dollar so I can scale up further down the road.

• With your budget it will be not possible to offer anything with these specifications. Maybe in Black Friday..

• Go with fiberia.io @ViridWeb
    8gb ram
    100 ssd
    $5.90
    They don't offer auto windows reinstall but i tried with a win10+virtio drivers iso and it worked.

You will have to have your own license.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@henix said:
    Go with fiberia.io @ViridWeb
    8gb ram
    100 ssd
    $5.90
    They don't offer auto windows reinstall but i tried with a win10+virtio drivers iso and it worked.

Thank you for your recommendation.
    Yes we do allow custom OS/Windows with valid license (Cracked not allow)

@Lawballer PM us if you have any question :smile:

• @servarica_hani they had 48/yr in Canada

they allow trial windows os.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • so what you guys want is the ISO and a valid license key to set it up?

edited October 2021

@Lawballer said:
    so what you guys want is the ISO and a valid license key to set it up?

For us? Yes, If you have valid license then you can upload and install it.

But you have to manually install it by yourself.
    These are unmanaged service and we will not provide any support for Windows.

Also make sure to read our TOS page (Fair usage policy)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2021

@ViridWeb said:

@Lawballer said:

With 25% average usage permitted, one should consider 4 vCore threads for using Windows Server OS.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • intermallintermall Member
    edited October 2021

You can try littlecreekhosting for as low as 3.5 USD per month. You'll get 4 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB NVME, 2 TB Bandwidth per month @250Mbps burst 1Gbps for short period of time. Free 1 IPv4 and /64 of IPv6. KVM virtualization so you can install any os of your choice. Unlimited reinstall and custom ISO from Virtuozzo panel. That pricing is not listed on their website, but you can search LET to find the thread about it. Been using it for almost 4 months and only experienced 1.5 hours of downtime. Location is in Durham, North Carolina, US. Ping to Frankfurt, Germany is around 130—150 ms, to SEA it's ≥280 ms. Windows can be installed manually and they provide virtio drivers cd.

Thanked by 1Lawballer
    edited October 2021

@dev_vps said:

@ViridWeb said:

@Lawballer said:

With 25% average usage permitted, one should consider 4 vCore threads for using Windows Server OS.

Thank you :smile:

Thanked by 1Lawballer
  • @Lawballer said:

Bandwith: Unlimited

I didn’t notice the unlimited bandwidth part. That is very challenging, to put it mildly.

You may get unmetered bandwidth, but that is nowhere even close to the unlimited bandwidth.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2021

I have a $23.49 (annual) Linux OS based vps from racknerd (@dustinc ). That has a 13TB monthly bandwidth limit.

That is the most bandwidth I have ever seen for any comparable low cost VPS.

• sorry dev_vps, i meant unmetered. I will change it

• This is the updated, couldt find the edit post thing:

Iam looking for these kind of VPS if someone has recommendations:

RAM: Min: 4 gb ram
    Core: Want atleast 2 Core, But min: 1 core, the more the better.
    Location: Europe, can be US or Canada also IF offer trial first. Asia isnt tested so I dont know
    Recurring each month: Yes
    Bandwith: min 2tb, but mostly want Unmetered.

Out of the question providers I have tested and not worked:
    Virmach:
    because i live in Europe i never managed to get it going properly.
    This was my first VPS så maybe it was me that setup it wrong.

Cheap Windows VPS: location is in Buffalo, so it went to slow for me
    because i live in Europe.

Tried 3 others also without not really any luck. What I did notice though was that
    US didnt work properly for some reason even though i want to use it. If there is Trials
    To test its most welcome.

I hope there is any Good suggestions and that I can find a provider to idé a Long time.
    I Will scale up further down the road if it works as it should.

Best Regards

• intermall > @intermall said:

You can try littlecreekhosting for as low as 3.5 USD per month. You'll get 4 vCPU, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB NVME, 2 TB Bandwidth per month @250Mbps burst 1Gbps for short period of time. Free 1 IPv4 and /64 of IPv6. KVM virtualization so you can install any os of your choice. Unlimited reinstall and custom ISO from Virtuozzo panel. That pricing is not listed on their website, but you can search LET to find the thread about it. Been using it for almost 4 months and only experienced 1.5 hours of downtime. Location is in Durham, North Carolina, US. Ping to Frankfurt, Germany is around 130—150 ms, to SEA it's ≥280 ms. Windows can be installed manually and they provide virtio drivers cd.

Where is the homepage? if Iam in the right site, its not the right prices though.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2021

@Lawballer said:

Where is the homepage? if Iam in the right site, its not the right prices though.

Product info page -
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171105/starting-at-3-50-kvm-virtualizor-nvme-24-7-support/p1

This one has 2 TB monthly bandwidth.
    And can not support more than 100 Mbps for long duration (say 30-40 minutes). They will throttle you to 5 Mbps.

• 5 mkps is way to low...can you even play YouTube videos on that speed.

• @Lawballer said:
    5 mkps is way to low...can you even play YouTube videos on that speed.

Why you need windows vps to play YouTube videos? Linux based vps can very well play YouTube videos.

On your question, yes , 5 Mbps speed is good enough to play YouTube videos at 480p and 720p.

• Actually all the Linux Gui Desktops i have tried have all been lagging or slow. I would happily find a provider that servers a good Linux op with full working desktop. I can even install the desktop myself if they have the repositiry. But I have not found a provider that has delivered a full working Linux that can play videos without lagging, even the desktop was slow.

I really like Linux, but have not found it working yet.

• @Lawballer said:
    Actually all the Linux Gui Desktops i have tried have all been lagging or slow. I would happily find a provider that servers a good Linux op with full working desktop. I can even install the desktop myself if they have the repositiry. But I have not found a provider that has delivered a full working Linux that can play videos without lagging, even the desktop was slow.

I am using Lubuntu/LXQt desktop on Ubuntu 21.04
    NoMachine app for remote access
    Using brave browser
    Even YouTube playback is smooth

• @Lawballer
    if you just want remote window session for youtube primarily, then get this VPS with windows OS
    and ask him to limit your VPS port speed to 50 mbps.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/171105/starting-at-3-50-kvm-virtualizor-nvme-24-7-support/p1

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

if your garden isn't too private:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/173916/cloud-vps-kvm-2-core-4gb-ram-30gb-nvme-50gb-ssd-3-surprise-inside

you have to ask support to install windows for you

• bruh21...It says they want 30 euro to install Microsoft Server edition? Is it possible to get it free if for example I have a license key or maybe Windows7/10?

• dev_vps...you think he will make it unmetered if i ask him to lower the speed?

• @dev_vps said:

@Lawballer said:
    Actually all the Linux Gui Desktops i have tried have all been lagging or slow. I would happily find a provider that servers a good Linux op with full working desktop. I can even install the desktop myself if they have the repositiry. But I have not found a provider that has delivered a full working Linux that can play videos without lagging, even the desktop was slow.

I am using Lubuntu/LXQt desktop on Ubuntu 21.04
    NoMachine app for remote access
    Using brave browser
    Even YouTube playback is smooth

Are you using VNC or xRDP for that?

I tried to setup VNC on Almalinux 8.4 and it goes to blank screen numerous times I tried to install it.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Lawballer said:
    bruh21...It says they want 30 euro to install Microsoft Server edition? Is it possible to get it free if for example I have a license key or maybe Windows7/10?

For me, I bought it and then opened a ticket asking him to manually install windows for me. The option to reinstall in the panel is broken, so he must do it himself. It is an evaluation license on windows server 2019.

• @ViridWeb said:

@henix said:
    Go with fiberia.io @ViridWeb
    8gb ram
    100 ssd
    $5.90

Thank you for your recommendation.
    Yes we do allow custom OS/Windows with valid license (Cracked not allow)

@Lawballer PM us if you have any question :smile:

Just one question, how do you check the license validity?

Since it is illegal to snoop inside your customers VPS.

• lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

well, 4GB of memory is quit less for any windows...

but shall work.
    you might have a look on our small VPS:
    2core
    4GB Memory
    40GB SSD
    2TB Traffic
    WAN 1G
    2TB traffic incl.

5.99€ / Month

https://www.lifehost360.com/services/cloud

You can install Windows Server 2019 German / English / Russia. The price comes without license. Use your own license, instead. :)

Questions? Ask me.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@lifehost360_com - Get yourself a Provider tag first before you start offering your stuff.