Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Windows VPS min 4GB Ram? Suggestions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Windows VPS min 4GB Ram? Suggestions

2»

Comments

• Lol, he just registered and craving for client..

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Lawballer said:
    Hi!

Iam looking for these kind of VPS if someone has recommendations:

RAM: Want: 6GB, i draw the line at 4GB ram
    Core: Want atleast 2 Core, But min: 1 core, the more the better.
    Location: Europe, can be US or Canada also IF offer trial first. Asia isnt tested so I dont know
    Recurring each month: Yes
    Price: 5 dollar, for 6GB Ram i can maybe go to 6dollar a month.
    Bandwith: Unlimited

Out of the question providers I have tested and not worked:
    Virmach:
    because i live in Europe i never managed to get it going properly.
    This was my first VPS så maybe it was me that setup it wrong.

Cheap Windows VPS: location is in Buffalo, so it went to slow for me
    because i live in Europe.

Tried 3 others also without not really any luck. What I did notice though was that
    US didnt work properly for some reason even though i want to use it. If there is Trials
    To test its most welcome.

I hope there is any Good suggestions and that I can find a provider to idé a Long time.
    I Will scale up further down the road if it works as it should.

Best Regards

Lawballer

Send me a pm with a traceroute to your buffalo service. I want to look at your route.

• LawballerLawballer Member
    edited October 2021

sent pm

• This was 4gb package of CheapWindowsVPS and playing videos was lagging and it was quite slow. Was using Windows 10 first, but that was impossible, so had to downgrade to Windows 2012 server.

Also i had to cancel the service because it was so slow, didnt work at all. I would maybe heave kept the provider if they didnt want that much money for europe, maybe europe would have gone faster.

• @Fritz said:

@dev_vps said:

@Lawballer said:
    Actually all the Linux Gui Desktops i have tried have all been lagging or slow. I would happily find a provider that servers a good Linux op with full working desktop. I can even install the desktop myself if they have the repositiry. But I have not found a provider that has delivered a full working Linux that can play videos without lagging, even the desktop was slow.

I am using Lubuntu/LXQt desktop on Ubuntu 21.04
    NoMachine app for remote access
    Using brave browser
    Even YouTube playback is smooth

Are you using VNC or xRDP for that?

I tried to setup VNC on Almalinux 8.4 and it goes to blank screen numerous times I tried to install it.

NoMachine for remote access (mentioned in my post)

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited October 2021

@Lawballer said:
    This was 4gb package of CheapWindowsVPS and playing videos was lagging and it was quite slow. Was using Windows 10 first, but that was impossible, so had to downgrade to Windows 2012 server.

Also i had to cancel the service because it was so slow, didnt work at all. I would maybe heave kept the provider if they didnt want that much money for europe, maybe europe would have gone faster.

I can play 720p smooth YouTube video for my Netherlands VPS as well as US based VPS.
    Location is not the issue, the service provider likely to be.

• which provider do you have dev_vps?