Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle randomly deletes user data and makes sarcasm through e-mail. how should i protect my privacy?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle randomly deletes user data and makes sarcasm through e-mail. how should i protect my privacy?

hehuangCCshehuangCCs Member
edited October 2021 in Help

I was very happy to welcome the holiday in October. After a busy month, I saw Oracle's sarcastic information.
I applied for an Oracle free account in mid September and was delayed due to work. No action was taken.
It's amazing that Oracle automatically deleted the account I applied for
And sarcasm in the email
My personal information registration can't log in now. I want to ask if this happens, guys? Such corporate behavior is very unreasonable?
Now my account has been blocked, and I don't know how to claim. Fortunately, I don't have enough time to build SQL data on it
This is a blessing in misfortune. Otherwise, if the data is lost, it is fraud and extortion.
The main question now is whether Oracle will use this method to steal user data and personal privacy?
I seriously doubt that they are doing evil things
What should I do?
Is there any free legal service to sue oracle? I want to know where my personal privacy data will go?

Comments

• Another mjj pmsing because they can't be reasonable..

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • So... where is the sarcasm part?

• so strawberry

• @jmgcaguicla said:

@hehuangCCs said:
    Is there any free legal service to sue oracle?

I think there is some prince in Nigeria who will sue them for free. Just requires a small advance in order to cover some costs.

• @sanvit said:
    So... where is the sarcasm part?

Might be the language barrier, but I am curious as to what the OP intended to mean when "sarcasm" was used.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • According to the latest attachment, they didn't delete the account, just suspended the non-free services after the free trial expired.

If you want to continue to use those non-free services, you need to upgrade the account to a paid one, which you can choose to do.

So I don't see a problem. Oracle have done what they said at the beginning they would do. If you started the free trial and complain that it expired before you got a chance to use it, that is not Oracle's problem.

• Thank you for the joke. You really make my day.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

tl;tr

1. OP gets a free trial.
    2. It expires, obviously.
    3. OP intents to sue, for free, cuz his free trial doesn't last forever.

Conclusion: This is what an inbreed is like.

Thanked by 2dahartigan wpyoga
  • What the f..?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@elliotc said:
    Thank you for the joke. You really make my day.

Personally enjoyed to read the OP post too.

• Okay

• edited October 2021

@hehuangCCs said:
    The main question now is whether Oracle will use this method to steal user data and personal privacy?
    I seriously doubt that they are doing evil things
    What should I do?
    Is there any free legal service to sue oracle? I want to know where my personal privacy data will go?

Sue them if you are legitimate user who pay for the services. But, if you use the services for free then what is your bargaining position? Leecher?

• @hehuangCCs said: Is there any free legal service to sue oracle?

Yes!
    Contact LowEndLawyers today!
    $0 - start a lawsuit
    we take $7 if you win.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 wpyoga
  • keep watching Oracle stock prices after the lawsuit was announced

official response of Larry Ellison about future of Oracle Cloud Free Tier:

• bdlbdl Member
    edited October 2021

LowEndTalk. HighEndMuppet.

Q: What's the difference between God and Larry Ellison?
    A: God doesn't think he's Larry Ellison.

Thanked by 1adly
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Is it just me or does Oracles response seem fine?

Also October isnt over yet. Your data (for whatever it's worth - on a FREE trial) is still available.

• @sanvit said: So... where is the sarcasm part?

@hehuangCCs said: Is there any free legal service to sue oracle?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Thanked by 1wpyoga
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

7/10, I like it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hehuangCCs said: After a busy month

@hehuangCCs said: delayed due to work

@hehuangCCs said: I don't have enough time to build SQL data on it

Why are you worked up into a lather over something you never had time to use anyway?

@hehuangCCs said: if the data is lost, it is fraud and extortion.

You said there's no data on it...?

Also, I don't think you understand the word extortion. Oracle is not extorting you.

@hehuangCCs said: I seriously doubt that they are doing evil things

Oh, they are, believe me, but just not to you.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • While I think it's 100% accurate to say Oracle engages in fraud and extortion, this wouldn't be one of those cases. They probably don't roll out the extortion carpet for anything less than 7 figures.

But fuck, China really has people paranoid about their contact data. Oracle setting up a decades long scam to get Chinese user data through free trials seems logical to him.

And fuck #2, the world really just needs to switch to English. Who knows, without the translation, he may not actually be a crazy, paranoid, ranter.

On a side note, it doesn't look like this is just the end of the trial and that he can still use the free stuff, this was Oracle showing him the door (for likely abuse reasons). Or they simply determined he's broke AF and waste of their resources.

For me, I managed to sign up for a personal Oracle account plus two more small businesses. When I went to register for another small business, Oracle would just flat out refuse to complete signup. Contacted support and all they would say is along the lines of "it must not like something". My best guess was my billing address on the credit cards. It was annoying to be blocked without the specific reason, but I managed to live without starting a thread about it.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • Nonsense, keyboard warrior. I used my personal information to apply for an account and didn't use any services. Cancelled. It's that simple. You told me about abuse? That's ridiculous.
    I just want to ask, the product you registered with a personal account information is cancelled before it has been used. I want to ask where my personal information went?
    Will they be trafficked again? Oracle has got it anyway.
    How to sue oracle?

@hehuangCCs Why don't you post on HostLoc?

Thanked by 2bdl dahartigan
  • @hehuangCCs said:
    Nonsense, keyboard warrior. I used my personal information to apply for an account and didn't use any services. Cancelled. It's that simple. You told me about abuse? That's ridiculous.
    I just want to ask, the product you registered with a personal account information is cancelled before it has been used. I want to ask where my personal information went?
    How to sue oracle?

and what is worse, that "trafficked"/leaked data could negatively impact your social score

you have to act fast...

Thanked by 2bulbasaur TimboJones
  • Lol

Thanked by 2bdl bulbasaur
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited October 2021

@hehuangCCs said:
    Nonsense, keyboard warrior. I used my personal information to apply for an account and didn't use any services. Cancelled. It's that simple. You told me about abuse? That's ridiculous.
    How to sue oracle?

Muppet.

(and the irony of a mjj worrying about their "private" information)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@hehuangCCs said: Is there any free legal service to sue oracle?

If you had a case with a good prospect of succeeding, you could find a lawyer who'd take it on a contingency basis (they keep 1/3 or so of what you win). But since you have no such hope, you won't find one.

So you'll have to file the lawsuit yourself. Of course, you can't sue for your actual damages ($0) so you'll have to make up some nonsense about how you're so upset you can't work, etc.

Look at the terms and conditions (that you agreed to). It'll state in which jurisdiction the agreement is handled. Fly there, file a lawsuit, pay the filing fee, and either pay a big fine for frivolity or wait out a couple years of continuances that Oracle's legal team will drag you through (flying back and forth for each) and then you can have your day in court.

I'm sure you'll do just fine against top-tier legal talent.

Please keep us informed of your progress.

The legal fee could probably cost you everything.

Might as well save the money and buy yourself the most high-end server possible and colo somewhere / your own house forever.

• @hehuangCCs said:
    How to sue oracle?

Why not ask your fellow mjjs on hostloc? Maybe even they would ridicule you..

Honestly, suing oracle because you reached the end of a free trial is some real next level mjj shit.