Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clouveo down - Do not go with Clouveo. Period. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clouveo down - Do not go with Clouveo. Period.

2»

Comments

• update on status page:

Unfortunately we have now identified data loss during the rebuild process due to the loss of two drives across the array.

As a result of this failure we are now converting all clients to our performance range, an immediate recreation of service is available in LAX and a new AMS performance range will be available in the coming days.

For those who subscribed to automatic backups, we will be able to restore your service from those, for all other clients please activate your disaster recovery plan and restore from available backups.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this incident has caused.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Myself5Myself5 Member
    edited September 2021

Just told them to cancel my VPS and send me back my account balance.

The "offer" for them to "convert" to performance range (which, from what I gather from my support ticket, also means you will pay the performance range prices after your current servers end-date) and the included move from AMS to LA (not to mention the diff in BW) is just plain useless to me.

Also having zero trust in them anymore, so even if they were to bring back the old server I'd probably be gone.

Sad it has to end this way, so far I was super satisfied with the performance of that little Epyc VPS :(

Thanked by 2eris JasonM
  • very low end

Thanked by 1Azayaka_Mirai
  • unethical at best

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• @ryk said:
    update on status page:

Unfortunately we have now identified data loss during the rebuild process due to the loss of two drives across the array.

As a result of this failure we are now converting all clients to our performance range, an immediate recreation of service is available in LAX and a new AMS performance range will be available in the coming days.

For those who subscribed to automatic backups, we will be able to restore your service from those, for all other clients please activate your disaster recovery plan and restore from available backups.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that this incident has caused.

I sincerely think every provider should just use erasure-code on all storages...

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

@Myself5 said: you will pay the performance range prices after your current servers end-date

thanks. I've opened support ticket for the same question earlier. waiting for reply.

• @JasonM said:
    waiting for reply.

FYI: "Client Credit is not refundable".

So if you used client credit, or, like me, still had client credit from all their SLA reimbursements through the earlier downtimes, that's gonna stay with them forever.

• My vps has down. and control panel VMmanager can't use, it's show "The platform is temporarily inaccessible. Please contact your Technical support team.Update the license".

• @ktaog6 said:
    My vps has down. and control panel VMmanager can't use, it's show "The platform is temporarily inaccessible. Please contact your Technical support team.Update the license".

Mind to tell what region you are/were found the VPS dead?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2021

it's disappointing and sad to see it going down that way. I don't trust the story about raid issues but rather think it's either financial troubles so the servers or IPs could not be extended (on a monthly basis the outages were always around the same date) or the whole business became a burden to it's owner.
    with that a solution was needed to thin out the herd of BF cheapskates on that server at least.

one could have simply announced a closing of that location and let people get out their latest data properly but instead rather cowardly made up that hardware excuse. just my opinion. no complaint though, was a cheap box with decent performance for as long as it lasted - replacing and restoring is simply annoying.

also there hasn't been any comment to this here or at LES from @WSCallum - it's gonna be interesting to see, how websound and clouveo move forward, especially with Black Friday around the corner.

• @lifehome said:

@ktaog6 said:
    My vps has down. and control panel VMmanager can't use, it's show "The platform is temporarily inaccessible. Please contact your Technical support team.Update the license".

Mind to tell what region you are/were found the VPS dead?

Location AMS.
    But main problem is control panel can't use.

• I just wanted to add that Websound.co.uk (sister brand to Clouveo) shared hosting was also down for 4+ days. No explanation was provided, and no refund or service credit was given. While there was no data loss afaik, it was quite an extended downtime.

• These guys have been down for over 8 days now worst company ever dont reply to tickets or emails !

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@wizarduk said:
    These guys have been down for over 8 days now worst company ever dont reply to tickets or emails !

My #1 instinct is devil's advocate because I've been in those shoes so many times. I can't even bring myself to with this one. The details don't add up.

• I know that there are many advantages for using HW RAID over Software RAID (mdadm). But is it always preferred? Software RAID might be safer or easier to recover from.

Nowadays I go with soft RAID if Linux unless there is an specific need for the HW RAID Card.

HW RAID 10 vs Soft RAID 10 (linux / mdadm), let's discuss!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    I know that there are many advantages for using HW RAID over Software RAID (mdadm). But is it always preferred? Software RAID might be safer or easier to recover from.

Nowadays I go with soft RAID if Linux unless there is an specific need for the HW RAID Card.

HW RAID 10 vs Soft RAID 10 (linux / mdadm), let's discuss!

Still just CPU dependent mostly. At high traffic a good controller with a cache takes more of a beating before the system starts crawling. I swore never again to do a software RAID10 on spinning disks, they just can't take what I dish out. A good controller with cache can get me a bit further.

• @jar good point.
    RAID 1 with spinning disks is an awful experience, RAID 10 is tolerable. Let's think about just SSD's in a RAID 10.

• I was a customer of Websound and their lack of transparancy on this latest downtime is mindboggling if not suicidal. I dumped them today after over 2 weeks of downtime in which they still took 1 months payment. Hopefully I have a better experince with Racknerd.

• Their status page shows LAX cloud platform is up. Can anyone confirm?

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    Their status page shows LAX cloud platform is up. Can anyone confirm?

I don't know LAX, but AMS still down exactly :neutral:

• I had an email of them yesterday saying they were hoping to get shuk1 up very soon, told them I already cancelled 😂

• HyperSpeedHyperSpeed Member
    edited November 2021

@Intelpentium0 said:

If it's just an ICMP ping check (which this appears to be) then those IP's could've been re-assigned or anything.

@upgrader that's interesting... was it a generic email or a reply to a ticket?

As someone else suggested, it's rather interesting their downtimes were always on the 8th/9th of every month. As if, they couldn't afford the bill and/or didn't have it set to auto-renewal from the provider which I can only think you'd do if you had cash-flow issues.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@HyperSpeed said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

If it's just an ICMP ping check (which this appears to be) then those IP's could've been re-assigned or anything.

As someone else suggested, it's rather interesting their downtimes were always on the 8th/9th of every month. As if, they couldn't afford the bill and/or didn't have it set to auto-renewal from the provider which I can only think you'd do if you had cash-flow issues.

Yes did happen to AMS => https://statibus.x8e.net/
    However AMS still ded.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • @HyperSpeed said:

@Intelpentium0 said:

Yes it was answer to a ticket I raised over 3 weeks ago, they still took a payment even when everything was offline.

• There billing system keeps sending an invoice to renew a shared hosting account and now just added a "late fee" When that shared account has been down since early novemeber

Thanked by 1user123
  • they have abandoned ship

• @HuntersPad said:
    There billing system keeps sending an invoice to renew a shared hosting account and now just added a "late fee" When that shared account has been down since early novemeber

Same here -_-