Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clouveo down - Do not go with Clouveo. Period.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Clouveo down - Do not go with Clouveo. Period.

Seriously, go see for yourself.
https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3256240
https://web.archive.org/web/20210916110200/https://status.clouveo.com/?m=5f048df66174a231cd57d65b

I am posting this, is that they are having another downtime in NL again. And each incident, no matter how serious or minor it could be, they simply sweep it under the floor and playing forgotten or accidentally deleted message.

PS: If anyone knows how to kick @WSCallum off the provider tag, I am humble to listen.
PPS: I admit this is quite a rage and drama post, but as long as Clouveo have not addressed their issues publicly, with proper explanations, their services are pure snake oil.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad

Comments

• Sue them for losing million dollar..

• there are plenty of NL providers to migrate to.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

i do wonder why their uptime is so poor

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yea down again, but since the recent outages, you should have realized that this provider is unstable and could have put in redundancy or migrating your shit to somewhere else.

No idea what you paid, but certainly what I paid, even with including the downtime, its fine.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just settle down with BexusNytes.

• Another scam

• Thanks for posting. I've been hit by this frequent downtime too, it seems to be a few hours every other month, often on Thursdays.

I agree with your other post from July; its not that I care about downtime for a cheap VPS, but the fact there's no sign of the issue being fixed. No sharing what the problem is, not even acknowledging it, and then it happens again.

• who?

• @Neoon said:
    Yea down again, but since the recent outages, you should have realized that this provider is unstable and could have put in redundancy or migrating your shit to somewhere else.

No idea what you paid, but certainly what I paid, even with including the downtime, its fine.

true and same for me and what I paid.

still OP has a point that it's somewhat annoying, especially if it's not just under an hour ...

also gonna be interesting to see if it magically comes back after 24h (uplink/subnet nullrouted?)

edited September 2021

@Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

true and same for me and what I paid.

still OP has a point that it's somewhat annoying, especially if it's not just under an hour ...

also gonna be interesting to see if it magically comes back after 24h (uplink/subnet nullrouted?)

Its going to go like this, like it has gone before.

He blames the Datacenter.
    But the truth is, Heficed, that shithole of which lease you someones IPv4 space, has revoked that shit again.

I don't know the reasons by 100%, but I know my sources, that had experiences with that shitshow and it went exactly like that.

No, he did not learn, he leased from the same company again.
    Well, I can't even find a route to my server, #rip

Go ahead an ticket him, he is telling you as he did before to me, the DC is to blame.
    Also, hold your eyes open for an IP switch.

Thanked by 2jelly dahartigan
  • i canceled my vps since the first IP change they did, support was bad

• Similar to cociu bad network & downtime, because there issue in IP they lease

• I mean, I don't come to LET for snake oil. Summer host is one thing, shitshow is another.

I already lowered my expectation on Clouveo to the same as cociu. Man, imagine cociu actually "runs" with a business(racks to be exact?), while I don't even know Clouveo sitting somewhere waiting for what.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Ohh if the whole NL node is offline, this is a funny twist to my post in Cest Pit a few minutes ago -- here I thought the issue was because I didn't pay on time and my server was suspended -- though the outcome I am seeing in their panel would line up a bit better with everything being offline I guess.

Cheers!

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Summerhost is disgusting.

We do love shitshow tho.

• @Neoon that is interesting, thanks for the info.

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Ohh if the whole NL node is offline, this is a funny twist ...

the status page is quite hidden: https://status.clouveo.com/?m=5f048df66174a231cd57d65b

(and the ssl cert is expired ...)

• 60+ hours and counting..

• ArirangArirang Member
    edited September 2021

I dont believe the provide who sold their business and reopen as another brand in the same industry.

• just a short update, received on my ticket:

There is currently an ongoing major outage with our Amsterdam location due to a RAID 10 failure which technicians are currently working to rebuild and have access restored as soon as possible. We received an ETA from them that this should hopefully be resolved today, but we cannot provide a definite answer on this at this time.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
    edited September 2021

@Falzo said:
    just a short update, received on my ticket:

There is currently an ongoing major outage with our Amsterdam location due to a RAID 10 failure which technicians are currently working to rebuild and have access restored as soon as possible. We received an ETA from them that this should hopefully be resolved today, but we cannot provide a definite answer on this at this time.

Thanked by 2dahartigan bulbasaur
  • @Neoon said:

@Falzo said:

Maybe it's a new strain of involucration which can now also spread to routing tables...

edited September 2021

@rhinoduck said:

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:

Maybe it's a new strain of involucration which can now also spread to routing tables...

Well, we had people here, running the website and client area plus the costumers on the same machine.
    One day, unexpected it went dark, hell broke loose.

So, you want to tell me, he is running a software router on the same machine as its clients?
    Quite possible I am afraid.

Still, 60 hours because of a Raid failure, sounds like a lie to me, a big one.
    Do you know how long Hetzner takes to swap a fucking disk? 15 minutes tops.

If you take notice, that this stuff is FUBAR, you rebuild the entire Raid, instead of not communicating with your costumers, I did not got a singe email yet.

Despite the one that the guy asked via Tiket.

Thanked by 2dahartigan JasonM
  • AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

Why are they (Clouveo) not restoring backups on a rented server somewhere?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Neoon said: Still, 60 hours because of a Raid failure, sounds like a lie to me, a big one.

raid failure sounds like a multi disk failure, not just 1 popped and a background check runs. It could be the RAID card is sharting itself and doesn't want to take in the new drive as well, but the array should still be alive.

Francisco

@Francisco said:
    raid failure sounds like a multi disk failure, not just 1 popped and a background check runs. It could be the RAID card is sharting itself and doesn't want to take in the new drive as well, but the array should still be alive.

Francisco

Yea, but 60 hours, without any form of communication?
    Its not even a big HDD Raid.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Neoon said: Yea, but 60 hours, without any form of communication?

Its not even a big HDD Raid.

Fair, i'm not excusing the lack of communication. Just saying RAID cards can be weird.

Francisco

• @Neoon said:

@rhinoduck said:

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:

Well, we had people here, running the website and client area plus the costumers on the same machine.
    One day, unexpected it went dark, hell broke loose.

So, you want to tell me, he is running a software router on the same machine as its clients?
    Quite possible I am afraid.

Still, 60 hours because of a Raid failure, sounds like a lie to me, a big one.

If you take notice, that this stuff is FUBAR, you rebuild the entire Raid, instead of not communicating with your costumers, I did not got a singe email yet.

Despite the one that the guy asked via Tiket.

I was just making a slightly distasteful joke. But, in the end, one never knows... I guess that's what's both beautiful and terrifying about the low-end world. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I've learned more in my short stint here than I wanted to.

At the same time, I am certainly not trying to make or disprove any statements/predictions about this particular situation; I've perhaps learned more than I wanted to, but still not quite enough yet to feel comfortable to do either of the things I mentioned above.

What I did do though is I moved the very little that I hosted on my Clouveo VPS, the very little that made it more than an idler, away. As, compounded with the previous downtimes, the current 4+ day outage with no proactive official communication simply is not good enough for me even if it were for just a lab server.

And yes, I am paying peanuts for the service, thus I don't feel like I am experiencing butthurt; it's just not a good fit for me (pun not originally intended), because I am not going to blindly wait around for days for when/if the VPS actually comes back... which ofc at the same time means I won't be recommending this host to anyone to say the least.

• Oh my. I finished all my migration and still down?

Sorry I didn't look back LOL

Fortunate that I only put cronjobs on their machines... :*

• Look who finally acknowledged it on their status website which "will always be updated immediately", lol.

Can't wait for black Friday to replace them.