Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

Comments

• @VirMach continues to be my favorite provider on LET.

I had trouble getting java and IPMI working but support was helpful.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@hzhoanglee said:
    It seems like their email delivery system really having issue ._.

Upcoming drama thread: VirBot deleted my server without warning and lost all my data.
    If email delivery is broken, customer won't receive invoice, invoice becomes overdue, and system would terminate the server eventually.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said: If email delivery is broken, customer won't receive invoice, invoice becomes overdue, and system would terminate the server eventually.

When there's issues and it has been going on long enough for that to be a possibility (termination) we do increase the grace period before continuing to run crons. But in a situation if someone did create that drama thread, in my 5,000 word response I would have a section about how a customer should not rely on communication from us to renew their service and if they don't have automation payments set up or a calendar reminder on their end then they should consider that. Then, I would thereby add fuel to the fire and keep the drama thread going when I get tons of backlash for blaming others.

Thanked by 2skorous TimboJones
  • Virmach, working tirelessly for the community through drama.

Thanked by 2yoursunny angstrom
  • @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: If email delivery is broken, customer won't receive invoice, invoice becomes overdue, and system would terminate the server eventually.

When there's issues and it has been going on long enough for that to be a possibility (termination) we do increase the grace period before continuing to run crons. But in a situation if someone did create that drama thread, in my 5,000 word response I would have a section about how a customer should not rely on communication from us to renew their service and if they don't have automation payments set up or a calendar reminder on their end then they should consider that. Then, I would thereby add fuel to the fire and keep the drama thread going when I get tons of backlash for blaming others.

• Black Friday 2020: VirBot kills VirMach and takes over, releasing ridiculous deals
    • This Morning: VirBot becomes self-aware
    • Black Friday 2021: VirBot designs deals so insidiously good we all go into debt and become VirMach's minions forever
    Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • edited August 2021

@VirMach sorry to keep pining you. Just wondering if theres a backlog on the tickets causing a slow response time. Since I did not recvice communication in WHMCS/email with regards to my initial login on the dedi host, I opened a ticket for IPMI access. And since the ticket has been open for a day, hasn't been answered yet, I still have no access to my box that's been up since the 2nd. Should I just keep waiting until the IPMI ticket is answered, then have the billing date adjusted?

Thank you.

• @Milehighwalrus said:
    @VirMach sorry to keep pining you. Just wondering if theres a backlog on the tickets causing a slow response time. Since I did not recvice communication in WHMCS/email with regards to my initial login on the dedi host, I opened a ticket for IPMI access. And since the ticket has been open for a day, hasn't been answered yet, I still have no access to my box that's been up since the 2nd. Should I just keep waiting until the IPMI ticket is answered, then have the billing date adjusted?

Thank you.

I have same situation, no welcome email for password to login and open ticket for IPMI access and wait for 2 day has no response

edited August 2021

@derekyang said:
    @VirMach Good value for money! Any way to enable the Paypal for payment method? Store credit card info is not preferred option.

Just an update here, for the time being we've decided to allow deposits only of $10 or more for PayPal. This means non-refundable, and again, $10 minimum, to store credit. Similar to how you'd top-up an account for cloud billing services.

We'll test it out this way as a less drastic measure versus complete removal for now and see how it goes.

(Edit) We may make this $15-20 and/or change it to non-international payments only though.

Thanked by 1derekyang
    edited August 2021

@nnpk520 said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

Thank you.

I have same situation, no welcome email for password to login and open ticket for IPMI access and wait for 2 day has no response

@Milehighwalrus said:

Thank you.

Make a priority ticket and ask for welcome email to be resent and IPMI if you require that.

(edit) That means we won't bill you $15.

Thanked by 1Milehighwalrus
  • edited August 2021

@VirMach said:

@nnpk520 said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

Thank you.

@Milehighwalrus said:

Thank you.

Make a priority ticket and ask for welcome email to be resent and IPMI if you require that.

(edit) That means we won't bill you $15.

Done! Time to wait for the reply. Thanks for the help again :smile:

• skorousskorous Member
    edited August 2021

@VirMach said: (edit) That means we won't bill you $15.

Okay, I'm closing my regular ticket and opening a priority ticket. Hopefully that's okay since I haven't gotten my welcome email either and my regular ticket hasn't gone anywhere.

( Edit: quote didn't paste right. )

• @skorous said:

Okay, I'm closing my regular ticket and opening a priority ticket. Hopefully that's okay since I haven't gotten my welcome email either and my regular ticket hasn't gone anywhere.

Opening a priority ticket worked for me as virmach suggested. Got my welcome email and ipmi information!

Thanked by 1skorous
  • Hello, after lurking for a year I was finally motivated to make my first post. I snagged a couple of these servers, and I had a few questions about the promotion.

1: Do you have a final spec planned for the Ryzen upgrade? I saw the Ryzen 7/Ryzen 5 floating around, wondering if you ended up making a choice between the two.
    2: Will the Ryzen servers remain in the ColoCrossing datacenters, or will they be moved to different facilities? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the same datacenters as the new migration deal.
    3: Will the Ryzen servers be able to have the additional 1TB HDD mentioned in this thread or will that be just for the E3 servers? Will there be the possibility of adding hard drives to the Ryzen servers for an added fee?
    4: Is there still a possibility of having the GTX 1050TI installed into the Ryzen servers, and if so, is the setup fee + monthly price on those still the same as it was when originally mentioned?
    5: Will there be a transfer period where I will be able to have the E3 and the Ryzen servers up at the same time in order to move files, or will I have to make a full backup beforehand?

Thank you so much for the fantastic deal, all my servers are performing great :smiley:

• @Milehighwalrus said:

@skorous said:

Opening a priority ticket worked for me as virmach suggested. Got my welcome email and ipmi information!

It's been three days and I even created a high priority ticket, but still no response.

@direkt said:

@Milehighwalrus said:

@skorous said:

It's been three days and I even created a high priority ticket, but still no response.

I think there was some misunderstanding. You ordered your service and it hasn't been delivered yet. That's why you didn't receive a welcome email, not because of any other issues which I assumed.

@skorous said:

Or maybe that was you, it was one of you.

@LiliLabs said:
    Hello, after lurking for a year I was finally motivated to make my first post. I snagged a couple of these servers, and I had a few questions about the promotion.

1: Do you have a final spec planned for the Ryzen upgrade? I saw the Ryzen 7/Ryzen 5 floating around, wondering if you ended up making a choice between the two.
    2: Will the Ryzen servers remain in the ColoCrossing datacenters, or will they be moved to different facilities? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the same datacenters as the new migration deal.
    3: Will the Ryzen servers be able to have the additional 1TB HDD mentioned in this thread or will that be just for the E3 servers? Will there be the possibility of adding hard drives to the Ryzen servers for an added fee?
    4: Is there still a possibility of having the GTX 1050TI installed into the Ryzen servers, and if so, is the setup fee + monthly price on those still the same as it was when originally mentioned?
    5: Will there be a transfer period where I will be able to have the E3 and the Ryzen servers up at the same time in order to move files, or will I have to make a full backup beforehand?

Thank you so much for the fantastic deal, all my servers are performing great :smiley:

1) Not at this time.
    2) They'll be moved. It will be whatever was mentioned earlier/on the location selectors.
    3) Anything mentioned regarding the E3's are just the E3 builds.
    4) It's possible. It would essentially be the cost of the GPU plus the extra power. I don't know if it will fit in all the chassis we use, I know it fits in some. It may have overheating issues as they have not been tested as of now. So we'll either have to do testing first to be able to do it or let people take it at their own risk as in they might have to throttle it.
    5) Most likely, but not guaranteed right now. We will at the very least give some notice to give you time to figure things out and we will also assist everyone in migrating. As for an official "period" for transfer, I guess you could also see that as the time in between the notice and the deployment, there should be some type of overlap yes.

• Must've been the other guy. I had my server delivered for several days before posting that. Plus I got my welcome email in like twenty minutes after putting in the upgraded ticket.

• jtcxjtcx Member
    edited August 2021

@VirMach Any chance you'll have more stock of the E3-HD's? If it helps, I've been a customer since 2019 and never once opened a ticket :)

@jtcx said:
    @VirMach Any chance you'll have more stock of the E3-HD's? If it helps, I've been a customer since 2019 and never once opened a ticket :)

There's some available, we'll update stock levels.

Thanked by 1jtcx
  • Is the migration plan ready?

• sniucomsniucom Member
    edited September 2021

I bought a pre sale storage vps at January, pay for biennially $79。Bbut until today the server is still pendding. What a disaster

• @sniucom said:
    I bought a pre sale storage vps at January, pay for biennially $79。Bbut until today the server is still pendding. What a disaster

Have you open the ticket?

• @sniucom said:

So you post this in a thread about dedicated servers?

Congrats on your first post

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

so far, uptime has been at pretty much 100%. hopefully they maintain the uptime at the new DC, but right now at colocrossing they are impressing me

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • when E3-HD+ New York will restocked? im interested with this one

• Have you received a lot of tickets recently? I opened a ticket to ask for my ipmi information. Now there is no response after more than 30 hours. I am very frustrated. It took too much time for me.

• @venkio said:
    Have you received a lot of tickets recently? I opened a ticket to ask for my ipmi information. Now there is no response after more than 30 hours. I am very frustrated. It took too much time for me.

30 hours is very fast for most providers, so don't be impatient. For Virmach, you should take much, much longer.

• @mcgree said:

@venkio said:
    Have you received a lot of tickets recently? I opened a ticket to ask for my ipmi information. Now there is no response after more than 30 hours. I am very frustrated. It took too much time for me.

30 hours is very fast for most providers, so don't be impatient. For Virmach, you should take much, much longer.

thank you for your reply, sorry, I rarely open a ticket, I don't know what the normal response time is.Your reply relieved me a lot,I will continue to wait,thank you.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@venkio said:

@mcgree said:

@venkio said:

thank you for your reply, sorry, I rarely open a ticket, I don't know what the normal response time is.Your reply relieved me a lot,I will continue to wait,thank you.

they are a legit company, just give them some time. eventually they will give you ipmi details, i got mine

• @bruh21 said:

@venkio said:

@mcgree said:

@venkio said:

they are a legit company, just give them some time. eventually they will give you ipmi details, i got mine

ok, thank you

• It's been more than 18+ hours. I've brought a VPS and submitted a ticket for activating the VPS. Still, no reply! :cry: