Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host's final offer for the year. ONLY $0.5 first year. Recurring $19.95 per year! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host's final offer for the year. ONLY $0.5 first year. Recurring $19.95 per year!

Comments

• order done nice!!!

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited August 2021

that $0.01 for the first year shared hosting offer with a renewal of $47 will do you wonders.

Umm... what if I am, for certain, going to cancel your service after the first year's up? Nothing personal, but I honestly am only here because it's $0.50 for the first year.

Sorry :(

Edit: darn it.. just realized the disk space wouldn't even be enough for me... :(

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Fucking boomers.

• Invoice #1437

• Error 1020
    Access denied

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Edmond said:

that $0.01 for the first year shared hosting offer with a renewal of $47 will do you wonders.

Umm... what if I am, for certain, going to cancel your service after the first year's up? Nothing personal, but I honestly am only here because it's $0.50 for the first year.

Edit: darn it.. just realized the disk space wouldn't even be enough for me... :(

IMO, I think the OP of that thread was trolling and somebody took it for face value.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

I'm pausing this offer for now until I can process your orders.

185Pending Orders

Thanks!

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • @Dvo said:

@Edmond said:

IMO, I think the OP of that thread was trolling and somebody took it for face value.

Let me present:

@ezeth said:

185Pending Orders

Thanks!

Also: Of course everyone wont convert. The point is to reduce resistance, while requiring more commitment than a free trial. This also makes it so those that sign up can have a means to pay.

• Looks like stock is over.. is everything gone?

@Edmond said:

Give it to me then haha

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2021

Not yet. I just need to process the damn orders so you don't end up waiting too long. I didn't think it would sell this fast!

@farsighter said:
    Looks like stock is over.. is everything gone?

@Edmond said:

Give it to me then haha

For those who still wants to order a VM, PM me and I'll send you a notification & link when it's back

Also I'm sorry if your VPS is a bit slow (cpu spikes) because it's launching all new VMs

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2021

ezeth processing orders from China:

• h2oh2o Member

@ezeth said:
    Not yet. I just need to process the damn orders so you don't end up waiting too long. I didn't think it would sell this fast!

@farsighter said:
    Looks like stock is over.. is everything gone?

@Edmond said:

Give it to me then haha

For those who still wants to order a VM, PM me and I'll send you a notification & link when it's back

Also I'm sorry if your VPS is a bit slow (cpu spikes) because it's launching all new VMs

So hard... Stripe declines all my cards :tired_face:

• DvoDvo Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

@Dvo said:

@Edmond said:

Let me present:

@ezeth said:

185Pending Orders

Thanks!

Also: Of course everyone wont convert. The point is to reduce resistance, while requiring more commitment than a free trial. This also makes it so those that sign up can have a means to pay.

At the end of the day, he doesn't know his churn rates (as it's a yearly promo - he'll find out in 13 months) so how does he recover the losses of said promotion? Depending on the renewal terms, it'll be a 2-3 year return.

From a marketing point of view I'll agree with you, he'll get the sale. Unfortunately, if the sale doesn't convert on renewal, it's a loss and that loss needs to be accounted for but more importantly, recovered. I have no idea why somebody would put themselves into the position to lose money unless they actually had an idea (in general) of what their losses could be.

I would imagine, from my own churn rates on a limited LET $1/mo promo I ran here, a $0.50/year deal will be a lot higher.

The problem here is, on the renewal rates, the fact he's putting 1,000 servers on a node and the fact there are benchmarks, in this thread, with poor performance, why would somebody renew @ $19.95/year when they can go to another provider (take RackNerd) and grab a $14/year (WOW!) promo and get 1000x better performance. I'd love to see your marketing twist on that.

Don't forget the business side of it either. I'm happy he was inspired by your thread, however a few things were left out, and on the OP's part, overlooked. Such as, how many of these $0.50/year servers will slow down the node and cause somebody, who had a higher paying service to decide not to renew when they actually planned on renewing. Now it's a double loss.

Take care. :)

• @Dvo said:

@SirFoxy said:

@Dvo said:

@Edmond said:

Let me present:

@ezeth said:

185Pending Orders

Thanks!

At the end of the day, he doesn't know his churn rates (as it's a yearly promo - he'll find out in 13 months) so how does he recover the losses of said promotion? Depending on the renewal terms, it'll be a 2-3 year return.

From a marketing point of view I'll agree with you, he'll get the sale. Unfortunately, if the sale doesn't convert on renewal, it's a loss and that loss needs to be accounted for but more importantly, recovered. I have no idea why somebody would put themselves into the position to lose money unless they actually had an idea (in general) of what their losses could be.

I would imagine, from my own churn rates on a limited LET $1/mo promo I ran here, a $0.50/year deal will be a lot higher.

The problem here is, on the renewal rates, the fact he's putting 1,000 servers on a node and the fact there are benchmarks, in this thread, with poor performance, why would somebody renew @ $19.95/year when they can go to another provider (take RackNerd) and grab a $14/year (WOW!) promo and get 1000x better performance. I'd love to see your marketing twist on that.

Don't forget the business side of it either. I'm happy he was inspired by your thread, however a few things were left out, and on the OP's part, overlooked. Such as, how many of these $0.50/year servers will slow down the node and cause somebody, who had a higher paying service to decide not to renew when they actually planned on renewing. Now it's a double loss.

Take care. :)

Let's not forget what happened to novos brick @marvel

• XxQsXxQs Member

hello my number orden is
    Client #: 499
    Invoice #: 1474
    Due Date: 08/13/2021

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

@ezeth - Most likely this offer is now shared on other forums/blogs/websites. Incoming noisy clients.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said: Most likely this offer is now shared on other forums

Well, it has definitely reached one of the Chinese Telegram groups :)

• totototototo Member
    edited August 2021
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Are we supposed to guess If it might attract a DDOS in the future?

• @Arkas said:
    Are we supposed to guess If it might attract a DDOS in the future?

Did the ddos festivities start already? I can't access boomer.host

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

This offer should have been thrown little by little, in very (very) limited quantities, and different order links, to avoid abusers, and drive LET members into wanting to catch it. By the time it would have been distributed, LET would have consumed the small stock.

• @ezeth said:

what name apk do you use?

• @Ganonk said:

@ezeth said:

what name apk do you use?

Bro, you can use JuiceSSH

• Can't even go on the website anyone. DDoS

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It's coming, it's coming, I'm feeling a DDOS coming........
    Seriously man, you're asking us to predict the future...
    So far in my life I've never had a DDOS because of good practice, but your terms...I have to see a psychic about predicting the future.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Is it time for me to take someone power cable and eat their cookies?!

• out of 185 pending how many of them are from china ?> @ezeth said:

185Pending Orders

Thanks!

just google about this offer all search came up from chinese forum lol good luck

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Is it time for me to take someone power cable and eat their cookies?!

Be careful. Some cables work well, even though some cookies have a weird smell.

EDIT:
    I completely forgot it's still summer in August.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@default hell we can make cookies on our dashboard of our vehicles here right now its so hot.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited August 2021

@DataIdeas-Josh said:
    @default hell we can make cookies on our dashboard of our vehicles here right now its so hot.

Yeah... but melted chocolate is messy. And if cookies are too dry, they need milk to flow while swallowing, increasing costs of purchase for vehicles and traveling.

Solution would be to put some towels on that dashboard... maybe filtering all that hot light, but I guess it's too late now.

This discussion has been closed.