Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

Comments

• @GayRun said:
    Approximately when will it be deployed?

Two business days for the current dedicated servers, for the upgrade sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022, but is not guaranteed.

• imokimok Member

I was waiting for a $30/y server. But that would work.

• GayRunGayRun Member

@VirMach said:

@GayRun said:

First batch of orders will go out by the afternoon (it's 6:40AM right now.)

Is there a dcim system?

• @imok said:

I think the cpu is D525/N270, and 1G memory, without network should be able to.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@exception0x876 has claimed the easter egg.

• @VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:
    Eggs? :wink:

If requested, I'll place a decorated easter egg inside the chassis in place of your second SSD in honor of the first server. Request it by using the correct coupon code. I hope you understand what that implies, but I would assume this would be quite an unpopular configuration, like where it resides.

You have until Friday. Get the location wrong and your order will be cancelled, even if you get the coupon right.

Chocolate or real egg? Makes a big difference to cleanup.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@VirMach said:

Congrats! So what was the code? Tried for an hour or two but have work to do so didn't pay more attention to it

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2021

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Congrats! So what was the code? Tried for an hour or two but have work to do so didn't pay more attention to it

The clues are all in bold. The server type, the location and the coupon code.

@VirMach said:

@FAT32 said:
    Eggs? :wink:

If requested, I'll place a decorated easter egg inside the chassis in place of your second SSD in honor of the first server. Request it by using the correct coupon code. I hope you understand what that implies, but I would assume this would be quite an unpopular configuration, like where it resides.

You have until Friday. Get the location wrong and your order will be cancelled, even if you get the coupon right.

E3-HDL Chicago location THECORRECTCOUPONCODE

@exception0x876 said:l
    The clues are all in bold. The server type, the location and the coupon code.

I get the first server aka E3-HDL but now I feel so stupid. I tried CORRECT, THECORRECTCOUPON, CORRECTCOUPON, CORRECTCOUPONCODE but not the whole four words.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @exception0x876 said:

So you what you win? Chocolate egg?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2021

@Salomon123 said:

@exception0x876 said:

90% off discount :)

• CybrCybr Member

@exception0x876 said:

Damn, that's a nice find.

Already got too many idling dedicated servers but couldn't help myself and got one of these in hope that it'll be in a better place one day... Thinking about getting another.

edited July 2021

@Cybr said:
    Damn, that's a nice find.

Already got too many idling dedicated servers but couldn't help myself and got one of these in hope that it'll be in a better place one day... Thinking about getting another.

Ya this is insane... I guess I used up all my luck lately on my negative COVID-19 test result :joy: Not complaining though since I have shown respiratory symptoms continuously for few days and it is a relief to be not COVID-19

I also missed quite a few deals on non-hosting stuff in the past week

• @exception0x876 said:

@Salomon123 said:

@exception0x876 said:

Good work! :-)

• JabJabJabJab Member

@FAT32 said: I tried CORRECT, THECORRECTCOUPON, CORRECTCOUPON, CORRECTCOUPONCODE but not the whole four words.

This is exactly why I gave up on those VirMach play-of-words complicated codes. Always missing some the or a or s at the end because engrish is hard :<

Thanked by 1FAT32

@JabJab said:
    This is exactly why I gave up on those VirMach play-of-words complicated codes. Always missing some the or a or s at the end because engrish is hard :<

It is hard to predict what VirMach is thinking... I also tried some other combination like E3HDLEGGMIGRATE, E3HDLMIGRATEEGG, EGG3HDLMIGRATE...

For location I also traced back all the past BF flash deals to see which locations are less popular but I only able to narrow down to 2 locations (Chicago / Atlanta), this is another example of me overthinking the solution.

I also get a bit confused when he mention SSD, because the original E3-HDL deal before migration only have HDD so I tried SSDEGG or some random shit of coupon code.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • eveazeveaz Member

I am full of tears, my English is too poor, need to use translation tools, which makes me miss a lot of things.

• mcgreemcgree Member

@FAT32 said:

@JabJab said:

It is hard to predict what VirMach is thinking... I also tried some other combination like E3HDLEGGMIGRATE, E3HDLMIGRATEEGG, EGG3HDLMIGRATE...

For location I also traced back all the past BF flash deals to see which locations are less popular but I only able to narrow down to 2 locations (Chicago / Atlanta), this is another example of me overthinking the solution.

I also get a bit confused when he mention SSD, because the original E3-HDL deal before migration only have HDD so I tried SSDEGG or some random shit of coupon code.

i also try one hour but get nothing😂

• mcgreemcgree Member

@VirMach said:

@GayRun said:

It's now 10pm.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@mcgree said:

@VirMach said:

@GayRun said:

It's now 10pm.

mine got deployed a couple hours ago

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited July 2021

@bruh21 said:

@mcgree said:

@VirMach said:

@GayRun said:

It's now 10pm.

mine got deployed a couple hours ago

Wuxa0f.png

:'(

• fkjfkj Member

Any server left in LA? too late for the party :(

@fkj said:
    Any server left in LA? too late for the party :(

I'll see what I can do.

• I would like to install Debian 10, can I do it myself in IPMI, would that be easier? Is there any additional cost?

@mcgree said:

@VirMach said:

@GayRun said:

It's now 10pm.

First batch did go out in the afternoon, Buffalo's overwhelmed so we have a low rate of success when it comes to IPMI being reset and such.

@jerry_me said: I would like to install Debian 10, can I do it myself in IPMI, would that be easier? Is there any additional cost?

You just need to ask for IPMI details, no extra cost. We can also install it for you once if you let us know in a ticket but it'll be easier if you do it through IPMI, yes.

• taizitaizi Member

does High Usage Policy also apply to dedi server?(cpu io network limit)
    i know this question is dumb but i need to make it clear

@taizi said:
    does High Usage Policy also apply to dedi server?(cpu io network limit)
    i know this question is dumb but i need to make it clear

All dedicated, so no fair share policies. Network could theoretically be problematic but it's never happened before to where we took any action.

• PepePepe Member

Will there be more dedicated servers in Europe available?

• imokimok Member

@jerry_me said:

@imok said:

I think the cpu is D525/N270, and 1G memory, without network should be able to.

Maybe.

@Pepe said:
    Will there be more dedicated servers in Europe available?

Yes, Amsterdam.