Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CA -> BC] 4 GB KVM w / 2 IPv4 & BGP @ $3.50/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CA -> BC] 4 GB KVM w / 2 IPv4 & BGP @ $3.50/mo

DvoDvo Veteran

Greetings,

Founded in 2010, Limewave Communications offers KVM Virtual Servers out of Western Canada. Nested between two hydroelectric dams, we're powered by clean and renewable green energy.

We operate our own network (AS36369), own our IP space and hardware. All nodes are Intel Xeon based with 128 GB of ECC RAM and RAID-10 SSD storage or better.

Bandwidth is provided by HE, Cogent, NTT, Telia with peering over the Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) - Google, Amazon, Netflix, Dropbox etc just to name a few.

All servers include:
Virtualizor Control Panel
PTR (rDNS) records
gigE port
CentOS / debian / scientific / ubuntu / fedora available
Custom ISO's (upload your own)
Unmanaged service
BGP Session

NOTE: Promotional plans may not replace current services.

KVM1024GL
1 GB RAM
60 GB RAID-10 HDD (SSD Cached)
1 vCPU (E5-2620 or better)
500 GB Data Transfer
2 IPv4 Addresses
/48 IPv6
$1.85/mo
Order Now

4GB070421
4 GB RAM
15 GB SSD
2 vCPU (E5-2620 or better)
1 TB Data Transfer
2 IPv4 Addresses
/48 IPv6 Subnet
$3.50/mo
Order Now

8GB070421
8 GB RAM
30 GB SSD
4 vCPU (E5-2620 or better)
2 TB Data Transfer
4 IPv4 Addresses
/48 IPv6 Subnet
$7.00/mo
Order Now

512LET
512 MB RAM
10 GB SSD
1 vCPU E5-2620 or better
500 GB Data Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
/48 IPv6 Subnet
$1.00/mo
Order Now

Get an extra 500 GB of data transfer for the 512LET plan (1 TB total): Add Now
Coupon: FH6LKOFA49
Also valid for current 512LET services! :)

Need something custom? Just ask!

No bulk mail, spam, bots, proxy, TOR, port scanning, crypto mining or abuse etc. We have a zero tolerance policy regarding abuse, multiple accounts and/or orders. If your order is marked as fraud, submit a ticket.

All orders are manually verified. Please allow up to 24 hours for provisioning.

Payment via PayPal only.

Test IP: 23.131.32.186
Test File: http://speedtest.castlegar.bc.limewave.net/100MB.test

Have questions? Open a ticket! https://billing.limewave.net/submitticket.php

Limewave Communications Inc.
https://www.limewave.net

Comments

• I have one and it has a-mazing so far.
    Keep up the good work!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • can I get a special 2gb plan?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2021

@Dvo said:
    512LET
    512 MB RAM
    10 GB SSD
    1 vCPU E5-2620 or better
    500 GB Data Transfer
    1 IPv4 Address
    /48 IPv6 Subnet
    $1.00/mo
    Order Now

Get an extra 500 GB of data transfer for the 512LET plan (1 TB total): Add Now
    Coupon: FH6LKOFA49
    Also valid for current 512LET services! :)

Do you mean if we ordered 512LET last week you'll automatically bump to 1TB for us today?

Edit: clicked the link and figured it out. I've got it added.

Thanks!

• darbdarb Member

@Dvo said:

Bandwidth is provided by HE, Cogent, NTT, Telia with peering over the Seattle Internet Exchange (SIX) - Google, Amazon, Netflix, Dropbox etc just to name a few.

what about VANIX and/or Canadian bandwidth?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2021

@TimboJones said:

Thanks!

How did you get it to work? Clicked the link and can't figure it out... which IP (or is it hostname) did you enter?

edit: "Server Information value is not valid". I guess it doesn't like new cheapo customers :'(

• xetsysxetsys Member

512LET is out of stock already. Damn! Really wish it was in stock

• DvoDvo Veteran

@darb said:
    what about VANIX and/or Canadian bandwidth?

Other than peering with Telus, nothing planned right now.

@TimboJones said:

Do you mean if we ordered 512LET last week you'll automatically bump to 1TB for us today?

Thanks!

You're welcome!

@Shot2 said:

How did you get it to work? Clicked the link and can't figure it out... which IP (or is it hostname) did you enter?

edit: "Server Information value is not valid". I guess it doesn't like new cheapo customers :'(

If the IP of your VPS is 123.123.123.123, enter that IP. If you're having issues, feel free to ticket in.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@Dvo said:
    If the IP of your VPS is 123.123.123.123, enter that IP. If you're having issues, feel free to ticket in.

What I thought but the system refuses it. Oh well. Not worth the trouble for a $1 vps.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

just did a ping test and oh my god canada is huge!

• @Shot2 said:

@Dvo said:

What I thought but the system refuses it. Oh well. Not worth the trouble for a $1 vps.

Are you logged in? I was on mobile at the time, so I'm not sure if I was, but after putting in the primary IPv4 from the email, the next screen had my name and account info indicating it found me.

You previously ordered the 512LET, right? Not a new order?

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@TimboJones said:

New customer and order, yes, logged in or not it fails. Goodie probably restricted to existing customers, or else it's just another clueless basement host :D

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Shot2 said:
    New customer and order, yes, logged in or not it fails. Goodie probably restricted to existing customers, or else it's just another clueless basement host :D

This one actually made me laugh. lol :)

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited July 2021

@Dvo said:

@Shot2 said:

This one actually made me laugh. lol :)

More seriously, you should have made it more explicit in the OP, for the phrasing is a bit misleading as it is. Still, good offer with decent connectivity and perf.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Shot2 said:

More seriously, you should have made it more explicit in the OP, for the phrasing is a bit misleading as it is. Still, good offer with decent connectivity and perf.

The promo is available to anyone that ordered a 512LET VPS. The upgrades are manually processed. As a result, there is no validation on signup dates. If you have the service and submit the data transfer upgrade order with the coupon, you get the extra 500 GB free of charge.

I'm not sure what the issue is with WHMCS rejecting the IP, however the option to ticket in and get it added is always there for anyone having an issue. This is the first I've heard of an issue as I've processed a decent amount of upgrades so far.

• EdmondEdmond Member

I do like local hosting but…. I fail to understand your bandwidth.

You have no Canadian routing except Telus peering and the latency is higher than SIX (5ms to SIX, 23ms to AS36369 from AS852 in Greater Vancouver) so I don’t understand the advantage is to host locally. If it’s hosting in Canada, I expect some local transit to reach domestic customers better, so please do reconsider.

I do like local hosting and the fact hosting is being done out of a rural location. Good luck!

• Out of curiosity, domain registered in 2010 and limeware registered as corporation in March 2020?

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@Salomon123 said:

Out of curiosity, domain registered in 2010 and limeware registered as corporation in March 2020?

In Canada, you have the option of operating as a sole proprietorship, partnership or corporation. It was a sole proprietorship until 2020 when it was spun off to a corporation.

Fun fact! Who runs as a sole proprietorship? Check their ARIN records. If they're Canadian and have no LTD or INC as part of their org record, it'll be a d/b/a.

@Edmond said: I do like local hosting but…. I fail to understand your bandwidth.

You have no Canadian routing except Telus peering and the latency is higher than SIX (5ms to SIX, 23ms to AS36369 from AS852 in Greater Vancouver) so I don’t understand the advantage is to host locally. If it’s hosting in Canada, I expect some local transit to reach domestic customers better, so please do reconsider.

I do like local hosting and the fact hosting is being done out of a rural location. Good luck!

I appreciate the feedback, however right now, Western Canada isn't the target market. Unfortunately due to Canadian transit and infrastructure costs, it's not justifiable. That's not to say there are no plans to expand to other Canadian cities.

To be honest, if one was to pull transport out of a rural location, would they go to Vancouver (VanIX 65 members) or Seattle (SIX 356 members)? These are all deciding factors, however for most Western Canadian traffic bound south, you'll get routed through Seattle anyway.

I'm not sure why you'd compare SIX latency to this location? Apples and oranges. If somebody wants a Western Canada low latency service, they'll go Vancouver. If Vancouver is out of budget, and assuming they're OK with their data on American soil, they'll go Seattle.

I think it would be hard pressed to find a BC based provider that has the same resource to price ratio being offered. Going east (Toronto etc) however, is an increase in latency from the coast. This location is east from Vancouver :)

The intent of this build out was to offer something different in a unique location. For the most part the feedback has been positive, aside from the latency, can't please everyone!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The point of getting a unique location, like this, would be local peering, otherwise I can pick Seattle.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@Neoon said: The point of getting a unique location, like this, would be local peering, otherwise I can pick Seattle.

You can't compare this location to Seattle because that's like saying the latency between Vancouver and Dallas is higher than Vancouver and Seattle, so I'll go with Seattle. That's also like saying you'd go with Burnaby over Seattle (1ms vs 5ms). Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you're trying to make.

In rural locations like this, one is dealing with rural infrastructure issues. In this location, there are no peering options. There are a few transit options (Telus/Shaw), however the regional fiber optic network, which is independent from the incumbents, is the one that connects this area. Both Telus and Shaw have no “owned” fiber here, they lease dark fiber.

The incumbents are more than willing to run the last mile, provide transit, and the part they love, invoice for it, they will however transport their capacity over the same regional network upstream to their network. I don't feel the need in paying the “incumbent tax” on having AS852/AS6327 as upstreams so people can see “local” transit in route views when I can order the same transport and do things a little different. $10K~/mo in “local” capacity to avoid Seattle (adds only 5ms~), which in contrast, most non-domestic traffic would hit Seattle anyway, isn't smart business.

On the flip side, if I had direct AS852/AS6327, would you pay $25/mo for a 1 GB VPS? Of course not, you'd go to Seattle. :) Now if we tossed the coin again, your Seattle VPS is $5/mo and this location is $2/mo and latency wasn't the deciding factor and you got more bang for your two bucks, now what? I can assure you the customers I have now don't have an active service because of the latency. :) The pricing and features offered is what drives a lot of sales.

As a side note: I'm aware of one other provider in the area doing VPS services, and IIRC they had direct AS852 when they started, however I'm sure they figured out what Telus was doing. Their solution was to backhaul over the same regional network to Calgary and pick up HE. From the tests I've done, that network is 15~ ms higher. That's a 15ms difference within a 100KM radius.

Thanked by 2titus greentea
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@Dvo said: I think it would be hard pressed to find a BC based provider that has the same resource to price ratio being offered.

While I'll give you credit for the low price in Canada (and I love seeing Canadian offers), I must say there's others in BC that can beat your pricing.

Unmetered for example (https://unmetered.io/cart/business/), a "4x vCPUs, 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD Storage, 1Gbps Network " with unmetered bandwidth in Vancouver, BC comes in at $62.34/month, which is quite good especially considering they're in Vancouver, BC directly. The one drawback is they're 100% Cogent, but if memory serves me right they're > 1Tbps of Cogent currently (AS54133).

Thanked by 2TimboJones greentea
  • @wdmg said:

@Dvo said: I think it would be hard pressed to find a BC based provider that has the same resource to price ratio being offered.

While I'll give you credit for the low price in Canada (and I love seeing Canadian offers), I must say there's others in BC that can beat your pricing.

Unmetered for example (https://unmetered.io/cart/business/), a "4x vCPUs, 8GB RAM, 160GB SSD Storage, 1Gbps Network " with unmetered bandwidth in Vancouver, BC comes in at $62.34/month, which is quite good especially considering they're in Vancouver, BC directly. The one drawback is they're 100% Cogent, but if memory serves me right they're > 1Tbps of Cogent currently (AS54133).

Limewave is 2 Dedicated Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD Storage for $20 USD
    Unmetered is 2 Dedicated Core, 8GB RAM and 25GB SSD for $93.52 CAD ($75USD +/-)

Theres a big difference there?

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

Overall point is not everything is backhauled to Seattle/US in general, and there’s transit flying into CA first instead of American hops.

@Salomon123 said:

@wdmg said:

Limewave is 2 Dedicated Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD Storage for $20 USD
    Unmetered is 2 Dedicated Core, 8GB RAM and 25GB SSD for $93.52 CAD ($75USD +/-)

Theres a big difference there?

Thanked by 1greentea
  • JioJio Member
    edited July 2021

@Salomon123 said: Theres a big difference there?

Unmetered is 330TB for $93.52 CAD

Limewave is 1TB for $2.49 CAD, or $821?

That being said, apples and oranges, one is on-net in vancouver, the other is in some kind of mansion or castle?

Unmetered.io's site looks horrendously unusable, nothing shows up correctly.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@wdmg said:
    Overall point is not everything is backhauled to Seattle/US in general, and there’s transit flying into CA first instead of American hops.

Odd, I figured the random cool LA surfer dude who's looking for a vacation in BC would visit a website, which ironically is hosted on this network. Hey!!! Not sure how'd they hit BC without going through Seattle first? :)

I agree, for domestic Canadian eyeballs, 5ms extra sucks. It is what it is. Like I said, it's not the market I'm going after, yet people seem to think it is.

@Jio said:

@Salomon123 said: Theres a big difference there?

That being said, apples and oranges, one is on-net in vancouver, the other is in some kind of mansion or castle?

If somebody is actually pushing 330 TB on a 25 GB SSD VPS with them, I'd like to send them some cookies!!!

The "unmetered" group of companies have always been like that.

For the user looking for a deal, play around with BGP or uses a few TB/mo, clearly unmetered is the better deal.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @wdmg said:

Oh I don't deny that, I would love to have first hop in Canada. Ping to Limewave vs Seattle is a 300% decrease for me. But in terms of dollar figures for what I am using the VPS for, Limewave fits the bill.

@Jio said:

My office initially approached Unmetered for internet service but we went with the local telecom instead due to a few factors.

Bandwidth of course is one to mention for sure. I guess I work compare Limewave with FreeRangeCloud instead? That would be a better comparison I would think

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2021

@wdmg said:

That's news to me. I'm on Shaw at home 40 km east of Vancouver and like 400km west of Castlegar and everything pretty much goes through Seattle. So yeah, it's annoying having higher latency to Vancouver than Seattle, a 4hr drive away.

I have a VPS with Freerange in Vancouver and they go to Seattle for cloudflare instead of Vancouver cloudflare.

So yeah, Seattle has better connection and cheaper from competition, but I'll still buy stuff in Canada for the things that should be Canadian.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • websites down...

• @jugganuts said:
    websites down...

Looks like everything has been down for about 1.5hrs :(

• edited July 2021

@Dvo any update?

All sites down, all VMs down... Not looking great :neutral:

• Shot2Shot2 Member

A beaver gnawed thru the dark fiber. The drawbacks of hosting in rural Canadia.

This discussion has been closed.