Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CA -> BC] 4 GB KVM w / 2 IPv4 & BGP @ $3.50/mo - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CA -> BC] 4 GB KVM w / 2 IPv4 & BGP @ $3.50/mo

2»

Comments

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited July 2021

@TimboJones said:

@wdmg said:
    Overall point is not everything is backhauled to Seattle/US in general, and there’s transit flying into CA first instead of American hops.

That's news to me. I'm on Shaw at home 40 km east of Vancouver and like 400km west of Castlegar and everything pretty much goes through Seattle. So yeah, it's annoying having higher latency to Vancouver than Seattle, a 4hr drive away.

I have a VPS with Freerange in Vancouver and they go to Seattle for cloudflare instead of Vancouver cloudflare.

So yeah, Seattle has better connection and cheaper from competition, but I'll still buy stuff in Canada for the things that should be Canadian.

Yeah, Free Range is primarily HE and Cogent upstreams but they have local peering at unmetered.exchange and Telus/Shaw routing is local via HE (yes, would be great if they directly peered them, but close enough) or something like that. Unfortunately, they don’t have VANIX, which Cloudflare is at, so traffic just goes to SIX instead.

Free Range used to have Astute Internet as local transit, but they dropped it for cheaper bandwidth. Wish it came back… :(

Transit via Shaw/Telus is expensive and that’s fine but couldn’t you get peering with other local providers, such as Shaw, Teksavvy, etc, and also peer at VANIX and unmetered.exchange? It wouldn’t fix everything but it would help. At the bare minimum, considering no port fee, you should be on unmetered.exchange…

Thanked by 2TimboJones greentea
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2021

From just a quick peak at things -- based on their BGP it looks like they use 'Limewave.net' which is effectively single homed to Hurricane Electric (he.net) and currently even limewave.net isn't responsive -- so I am guessing their 'Datacenter' is having some major issue at the moment and maybe not them directly (unless they are in fact the same company in the end).

Also if all their connectivity is direct into Seattle, WA there have been some fiber cuts in Seattle over the past few days.. so it could be affecting them possibly.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Another one! Could you please stop, I can't evet start migrations :lol:

Thanked by 1greentea
  • DvoDvo Veteran

Sorry guys, Fortis utility dropped, the ATS failed and an electrician was called in. Currently running on generator and will over the next few hours just to be safe. I'm expecting Fortis to stop by later on (hopefully) and double check their end out.

Currently in the process of turning up all the VPS's.

Even tho there is no SLA with this service, feel free to ticket in for a free month.

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR
    edited July 2021

@Edmond said: but couldn’t you get peering with other local providers, such as Shaw, Teksavvy, etc, and also peer at VANIX and unmetered.exchange?

Shaw does selective peering, so you have to be special, even if you are in an IX that they are in.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • EdmondEdmond Member
    edited July 2021

@kevinds said:

@Edmond said: but couldn’t you get peering with other local providers, such as Shaw, Teksavvy, etc, and also peer at VANIX and unmetered.exchange?

Shaw does not open-peer, peering agreements only..

Telus is selective peering too... yet they have Telus peering, so they just need to negotiate access to Shaw. VANIX and unmetered.exchange is for other networks, including TPIAs.

Edit: although... I just realized Telus peering is via SIX too... geez...

Thanked by 1greentea
  • can i get 10gb more space on 4gb plan?

• eveazeveaz Member

@Dvo said: Even tho there is no SLA with this service, feel free to ticket in for a free month.

I have a 512LET, what do I need to do? Or do I need to do nothing?

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited July 2021

I'm also reminded there could be wildfire evacuation given this will be an above average temperature summer. Hope not, not for the servers but because it's fucking wildfire and that's really bad for thousands.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@eveaz said:

You literally just quoted the answer.

If you think this downtime is serious enough that you want 1 additional free month, submit a ticket. This is out of goodwill and they are not implying this service has SLA.

Thanked by 2eveaz greentea
  • eveazeveaz Member

@FAT32 said:

@eveaz said:

You literally just quoted the answer.

If you think this downtime is serious enough that you want 1 additional free month, submit a ticket. This is out of goodwill and they are not implying this service has SLA.

Thanks. My English level is very average, but I don't quite understand the meaning of the sentence I quoted.

My 512LET has not been used in the production environment. If I didn't find that the monitoring is offline, I would not even notice it. I will not ask for one month free of charge. After all, this is a force majeure factor, but I will consider whether to renew the fee after the expiration.

• good

• kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Edmond said:

Telus is selective peering too... yet they have Telus peering, so they just need to negotiate access to Shaw. VANIX and unmetered.exchange is for other networks, including TPIAs.

Edit: although... I just realized Telus peering is via SIX too... geez...

I thought they were using Telus transit

Thanked by 1zhujitips
  • @Dvo I don't understand why my order was rejected. I use my real address to register and purchase. I have registered my account many times to make purchases because I was rejected, and I closed my account and liked your IP to see netflix. It did not violate your TOS. In addition, you closed my account this time and there was no refund. My order number: 9450712645, Invoice 99785
    I am a normal user, not a robot. I like your rigorous attitude, but it's a bit too much.
    I use Google Translate to communicate. If the language does not meet your habits, please forgive me.
    thanks.

• Any planning on restock 512LET?

Thanked by 1zhujitips
  • @Dvo said:

Dear Dvo

I am a user of limewave.
    I buy your server,but both network speed and disk speed are limited.
    Could help me to Solve the problem?

Best Regards
    The detail as below
    512DOLLAR
    Special Plans

Version : v2022-06-01

Usage : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU Cores : 1 @ 1995.191 MHz
    CPU Cache : 15360 KB
    AES-NI : Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : Enabled
    Total Disk : 9.8 GB (1.1 GB Used)
    Total Mem : 483.3 MB (85.6 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 2 hour 4 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.01, 0.06
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 4.19.0-5-amd64
    TCP CC : bbr
    Virtualization : KVM
    Organization : AS36369 Limewave Communications

Region : Washington

I/O Speed(1st run) : 72.6 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 60.4 MB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 86.4 MB/s

I/O Speed(average) : 73.1 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 77.89 Mbps 438.40 Mbps 66.84 ms
    Los Angeles, US 131.15 Mbps 343.08 Mbps 41.96 ms
    Dallas, US 72.52 Mbps 401.96 Mbps 69.86 ms

• Mod close thread this guy necro

Thanked by 1miu
  • @YiGeRen_yl said:

@Dvo said:

Dear Dvo

I am a user of limewave.
    I buy your server,but both network speed and disk speed are limited.
    Could help me to Solve the problem?

Best Regards
    The detail as below
    512DOLLAR
    Special Plans

Version : v2022-06-01

Usage : wget -qO- bench.sh | bash

CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
    CPU Cores : 1 @ 1995.191 MHz
    CPU Cache : 15360 KB
    AES-NI : Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : Enabled
    Total Disk : 9.8 GB (1.1 GB Used)
    Total Mem : 483.3 MB (85.6 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 2 hour 4 min
    Load average : 0.00, 0.01, 0.06
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 4.19.0-5-amd64
    TCP CC : bbr
    Virtualization : KVM
    Organization : AS36369 Limewave Communications

Region : Washington

I/O Speed(1st run) : 72.6 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 60.4 MB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 86.4 MB/s

I/O Speed(average) : 73.1 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 77.89 Mbps 438.40 Mbps 66.84 ms
    Los Angeles, US 131.15 Mbps 343.08 Mbps 41.96 ms
    Dallas, US 72.52 Mbps 401.96 Mbps 69.86 ms

Both of those are fine and don't point to issues. Also, open a ticket with them, don't necro an offer thread.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @YiGeRen_yl said:

@Dvo said:

Dear Dvo

Both of those are fine and don't point to issues. Also, open a ticket with them, don't necro an offer thread.

I open a ticket with them,but don‘t get response.
    network speed is unnomal,nomal network speed is over 500mb/s. I want get response in there,if not,I can’t results from them

• VoidVoid Member

Damn these necros are so annoying. There should be a way to see the original post date on mobile version of the site from homepage.

Thanked by 2szymonp miu
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@YiGeRen_yl said:

@YiGeRen_yl said:

@Dvo said:

Dear Dvo

network speed is unnomal,nomal network speed is over 500mb/s. I want get response in there,if not,I can’t results from them

Hello and thanks for contacting LowEndSupport!

Thank you for reaching out to us with your problem. I would like to inform you that we have kept your case on high priority, and our technical team is working diligently to resolve the issue at the earliest.
    However, given its technical nature, the current estimate is that it might take anywhere from 2-3 days to fix the issue.
    We are working tirelessly to get this resolved quickly, and we appreciate your patience.
    We will surely keep you posted on any further updates. In case you have any further questions or need assistance with something else, do let me know.

Regards,
    brueggus
    Sherlock of Support 🔍

Thanked by 2Ganonk greentea
  • @YiGeRen_yl said:

@YiGeRen_yl said:

@Dvo said:

Dear Dvo

Sounds about right.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

This offer thread is over a year old now

This discussion has been closed.