Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• For what it is worth, I have a server with cociu which has been running "perfectly well" since I got it in Jan.

No scam if there's no scam, right?

Thanked by 1pbx
  • coldcold Member

most of Romanian "Business Man" don't think long-term or of the customers, short-term and profit only...

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • I find it quite funny that when I was pointing out cociu's liquidity issues in August 2020 you all jumped on me.

To summarize:

• Cociu started doing double credits in February 2018
    • In August 2020 I publicly stated that the continuous credit promos might be indicating liquidity issues.
    • In September 2020 cociu announced company swap along with PayPal swap, which as @PHDan pointed out was done to get around PP restrictions and/or investigations. You all jumped on me in that thread, because none of you imagined "how a 6 year old company can have liquidity issues!?".
    • In another thread, where I tried to have a cultural any discussion (rather than tomato throwing festival) I pointed what drives cociu and how predictable is his behavior. In the same thread I asked "Would anyone be surprised if the bills for that 1TB $30/3years VPS finally cought up?"
    • Now, few months later, looks like the bills have finally caught up as services go down and cociu goes silent. And just to remind you - cociu usually was the first one to defend himself in any thread and we are now on 2nd page.

Now let me refer to this masterpiece:

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Come and check how stupid you are...

Where are you now?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1pbx
  • BogddanBogddan Member

Both of my servers in Bucharest seem to still be up (Storage & NVMe), is/was anyone else on bucstor2 node?

• I seriously hope this isn’t a deadpool. I’ve always liked him because of his peculiar deals and blunt nature in some cases.

I agree with some speculations but it could be a fluke due to a disgruntled former business deal and now they’re trying to probably either squeeze some coins out of him or he didn’t really paid invoices to be salty.

Either way I’m still waiting to hear back from cociu

Thanked by 1pbx
  • lukgthlukgth Member

@Bogddan said:
    Both of my servers in Bucharest seem to still be up (Storage & NVMe), is/was anyone else on bucstor2 node?

I am on bucstor2 and my Storage VPS is up.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@lukgth said:

@Bogddan said:

BACKUP! NOW!

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • LeviLevi Member

@MrPsycho said:

Isn't it bitter sweet to showell this into our face with fat and loud "I told you so"?

• bdlbdl Member

@lukgth said:

@Bogddan said:

Can you please ping my Storage VPS? It's getting lonely in the silence. :(

• lukgthlukgth Member

@default said:

@lukgth said:

@Bogddan said:

BACKUP! NOW!

Luckily I don't have any data I need to backup on it.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited May 2021

@terrahost - Without asking confidential information: did @cociu pay his last invoices? Is everything OK with you?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@default said:
    @terrahost - Without asking any confidential information: did @cociu pay his last invoices? Is everything OK with you?

If you want a reply now, ticket them but likely you won't get a valid response anyway since data protection laws.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@default said:
    @terrahost - Without asking any confidential information: did @cociu pay his last invoices? Is everything OK with you?

I highly doubt they'll want to wade in and be dragged through the mud if/when this implodes.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said:
    @terrahost - Without asking confidential information: did @cociu pay his last invoices? Is everything OK with you?

Just to put it out there, the HS node at Terrahost is still up and running.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited May 2021

Maybe his sisters stepped on the cat5?

Thanked by 2webcraft coreflux
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2021

Its going down and up, since yesterday.
    Lets see.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I very, very much dislike @cociu ignorantly having gone incommunicado.

But we should stay fair and rational rather than declaring a provider dead based on some problems and rumors. So I asked a friend and colleague who is a HostSolutions fan since years and has quite a few VPS there and a dedi, too, to kindly try to SSH into all his HS systems.

Result:

• dedi, 89.35.... OK
    • vps1 45.14.... OK
    • vps2 (a storage box) 193.148.... FAIL
    • vps3 (Norway) 89.45.... OK
    • vps4 (NVMe) 45.14.... OK
    • vps5 (NVMe) 45.14.... OK
    • vps6 (test, ORA) 188.213.... OK
    • vps7 (test, BUC) 45.14.... OK

and my own 3 years storage box 193.148.... FAIL

So, out of 9 systems only 2 fail. The 2 failing systems both are in 193.148.... and both are storage boxes.

HENCE ... the rumors of HostSolutions being dead or almost dead seem to be exaggerations. What actually seems to be the problem is that one or more storage nodes at 1 location are failing.

Having heard about an old HS story I'd presume (tongue in cheek) that they are running a fsck ...

Thanked by 2FrankZ titus
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@default said:

There's no way in which they'll respond to a random person on a forum about this.

I could imagine that even if cociu is facing financial questions in his home country, he probably took care to make sure that his contracts in Norway are paid.

• ofitofit Member
    edited May 2021

Only 2 down from 8 VPS

Oradeo
    vps2 (a storage box) 188.240.... FAIL
    vps3 (small HDD) 193.148.... FAIL
    vps4 (NVME) 188.213.... OK
    vps5 (NVME) 188.213.... OK

Norway
    vps6 (a storage box) 89.45.... OK

Buharest
    vps1 (NVME) 45.14.... OK
    vps7 (SSD) 45.14.... OK
    vps8 (SSD) 45.14.... OK

• So he moved all his storage to chia and try to keep other customer and he expected we won't noticed ?

Thanked by 2yoursunny default
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Why is OP banned?

• @lentro said: Why is OP banned?

Alt of @SCAM_DONT_BUY or @JoeF I believe.

• edited May 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@lentro said: Why is OP banned?

That sucks, I liked @SCAM_DONT_BUY
    Sad to see him/her banned :-(

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I'm pretty sure SDB could've managed this without having to create a new account, so I doubt that's the reason.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited May 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@lentro said: Why is OP banned?

That sucks, I liked @SCAM_DONT_BUY
    Sad to see him/her banned :-(

Im not.. Dude chased plenty of hosts out including NOVOS in belgium when they did not want to deal his shit on their sales threads. Its not good SEO for any established players to make offers in a website that allows trashing in sales threads with no good reason while the services are in working order. Google indexes all that stuff and your brand gets shitted on.

Better just leave at that point to other sites like LES if the moderation sucks so much. Drama and shitting should be allowed if the provider is not doing his work, but this scam dude just did it for fun. Im glad hes gone and the mods finally made the right choice.

Deank is a troll but at least he trolls from his own account and not some alt, and his replies give some value usually in terms of humor or info. On the other hand Scam guy was just toxic as fuck.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur boernd
  • iwillbebackiwillbeback Member
    edited May 2021

I did not create this topic and I'm currently preparing my comeback. See you in a week or two.

@stefeman said: Better just leave at that point to other sites like LES if the moderation sucks so much.

Just go then? Oh, you're a RackNerd/ColoCrossing/LET/LEB supporter account, you won't.

Edit: no more posts from this account - you will notice when I'm back, I promise.
    Edit 2: Added CC/LET/LEB for weak minded people who still doesn't realise it's all the same
    Edit 3: logout

edited May 2021

@iwillbeback said:
    I did not create this topic and I'm currently preparing my comeback. See you in a week or two.

@stefeman said: Better just leave at that point to other sites like LES if the moderation sucks so much.

Just go then? Oh, you're a RackNerd supporter account, you won't.

Edit: no more posts from this account - you will notice when I'm back, I promise.

I never vouched for racknerd as far as I remember? Never even used their service. You already affect negatively to the growth of this entire site.

Fucking multiaccounter..

Thanked by 2boernd kalimov622
  • @stefeman said: I never vouched for racknerd as far as I remember? Never even used their service.

Well SCAM_DONT_BUY has a special fetish for Racknerd, and this proves that they're the same person.

edited May 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@stefeman said: I never vouched for racknerd as far as I remember? Never even used their service.

Well SCAM_DONT_BUY has a special fetish for Racknerd, and this proves that they're the same person.

I dont give a shit who he was at this point as long as he posts from his main from here on instead of shilling. All that matter is that the fake account is gone.

ONTOPIC:
    While I find this cociu drama interesting, he said he was injured in some other thread did he not? so its possible he comes right back and the downtime was just another filesystem check.

Cociu rarely responds at weekend or when hes working to fix stuff. So we'll see at monday. The court case was also about disagreement and not neccessarily that he could not pay it off. Besides his terrahost nodes are still up. Logically those would be first to die.

Still, with this much downtime, we can troll him a bit with threads like this. I honestly cant imagine him quitting like this as theres still so much stuff he can do/try even if he were in company troubles lol.

This discussion has been closed.