Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

JASFJASF Member
edited July 2021 in Providers

Looks like @cociu might be in some financial trouble thus the downtime.
netsilvania/hostsolutions.ro are listed as being a debtor to GTS telecom with a court date next week. GTS telecom was his old upstream before he switched to single homed telia.

It also looks like his company has been operating at a large loss last year.

Financial details - https://lege5.ro/firma/netsilvania-network-srl-37899217
Court/debt details - http://portal.just.ro/302/SitePages/Dosar.aspx?id_dosar=30200000000442000&id_inst=302#Informaţii_generale

Comments

• I'm not sure if these sites are so trustworthy but on the other hand I'm not too surprised after the black friday show.

• JoeFJoeF Member

@webcraft said:
    I'm not sure if these sites are so trustworthy but on the other hand I'm not too surprised after the black friday show.

According to that website he is 60keuro in debt with only 700euro in the bank.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

the credit promo looked like trouble.

Shame, wish him the best and hope he gets back to his feet.

@webcraft said:
    I'm not sure if these sites are so trustworthy but on the other hand I'm not too surprised after the black friday show.

What show?

Thanked by 2webcraft miu
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@JASF said: Looks like @cociu might be in some financial trouble thus the downtime.

So you signed up to tell us this?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@angstrom said: So you signed up to tell us this?

More like he/she created a new account just to make this obvious :)

Thanked by 1Rami
  • JASFJASF Member

I have been lurking for some time.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@JASF said:
    I have been lurking for some time.

No previous account?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited May 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

@webcraft said:

What show?

This "gimme sisters and I give you deals" show. The deals were fire but too many apparently.

• momkinmomkin Member

@deank That day is here :o

• FalzoFalzo Member

operating a company at a loss is not a sign of anything here. some burn millions each year in VC and that is totally fine. He runs multiple companies/brands and obviously could simply be able to cross finance or whatever.

Also having something open in court over a contract that ended on maybe not so good terms would be rather 'normal' than already a sign of bancruptcy. they probably had a fight over something, they wanted money, he refused to pay. a judge needs to decide - that's how it goes.

with all that said, of course there is a possibility and has always been, that he is working on razor thin margins and by benefiting from very special conditions his location offered. if these are breaking away of course this could lead to unexpected struggles for upholding long term contracts. let's see how this goes - maybe it's just the ever so often ocurring fsck from hell, edition xyz.

best of luck to anyone involved.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Falzo said: operating a company at a loss is not a sign of anything here. some burn millions each year in VC and that is totally fine. He runs multiple companies/brands and obviously could simply be able to cross finance or whatever.

He owns a perfume company I think. How much business did they lose due to COVID though? Shipping delays? Shutdowns? recessions?

Luxury goods are the first thing to get chopped from peoples budgets when times are tough.

Francisco

@webcraft said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@webcraft said:

What show?

This "gimme sisters and I give you deals" show. The deals were fire but too many apparently.

I've got no idea what you are talking about. Guess i should go back to read the offers then? Have not been paying much attention to his offers tbh

@Francisco said: Luxury goods are the first thing to get chopped from peoples budgets when times are tough.

Not on stimulus countries like USA tho, luxury items have skyrocketed in price due to demand outstripping supply.

No idea of his country tho.

Odd combination tho, perfumes + hosting? :D i fail to see the connection

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@momkin said:
    @deank That day is here :o

Not the first time for Mr. C. Probably not the end we all seek.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • ChievoChievo Member

@PulsedMedia said:

@webcraft said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@webcraft said:

What show?

I've got no idea what you are talking about. Guess i should go back to read the offers then? Have not been paying much attention to his offers tbh

@Francisco said: Luxury goods are the first thing to get chopped from peoples budgets when times are tough.

Not on stimulus countries like USA tho, luxury items have skyrocketed in price due to demand outstripping supply.

No idea of his country tho.

Odd combination tho, perfumes + hosting? :D i fail to see the connection

Diversifying the business?

@PulsedMedia said: Not on stimulus countries like USA tho

And the minute people are off the dole is will crash right back down to normal/sunk levels.

@PulsedMedia said: Odd combination tho, perfumes + hosting? i fail to see the connection

Maybe it's popular goods that comes from his country? But hostsolutions was registered to a such a company long ago. He never denied it, he told a few stories on here about how he did a lot of it in a wholesale sense I think. Basically companies buying flats of it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • JASFJASF Member

I believe he started in perfume then moved into hosting. seems odd though that he would subsidise a hosting company through a perfume company.

• OujiOuji Member

In my country, if you are a perfume (or any REAL luxury) goods store owner your laughing your ass off right now. Rich people are buying more stuff than ever.

Thanked by 2BlaZe Maounique

Well, that would explain the rock bottom prices and insane promos he did. 50% credit boost promos in conjunction with other promos?
    He's been doing that years tho, but it does sound like he did a lot of business at a significant loss.

Well only he knows, but it just sounds like he did do a significant portion of sales at a loss

Thanked by 1kalipus

@PulsedMedia said: Well only he knows, but it just sounds like he did do a significant portion of sales at a loss

A handful of us have been calling him out for the credit top ups for a good bit of time. He promised to stop, did for a few months, and then went right back at it.

There's a lot of people that bought credit, rendered no services, and now the business could be dead.

Those people were scammed.

I very much hope I'm wrong. I hope this is the DC being overly bitchy and he's only a month behind or something, and not something egregious.

Francisco

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Francisco said:

@Falzo said: operating a company at a loss is not a sign of anything here. some burn millions each year in VC and that is totally fine. He runs multiple companies/brands and obviously could simply be able to cross finance or whatever.

He owns a perfume company I think. How much business did they lose due to COVID though? Shipping delays? Shutdowns? recessions?

Luxury goods are the first thing to get chopped from peoples budgets when times are tough.

Francisco

yes all true... my point just was that him having to go to court over some vendor wanting to have some money from probably isn't a big point in judging his financial situation.

you probably know even better which sums are in your contracts with upstream provider and how this could easily end up in court if something goes wrong. doesn't mean you're bancrupt in an instance, does it? ;-)

big boys have real contracts with signatures and shit... though I think in romania they sometimes might still be written with blood and if you don't uphold your end there are buckets, feets and concrete...

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • Geez, it’s not so difficult. I talked to @cociu many times. Why don’t bother sending him a message and ask what it is about?

Pretty sure it’s not a deadpool at all. The court documents are not even completed yet. All it says is that the case was delayed and rescheduled for 21st of May to gather more background information.

This is a case where no parties showed up and just the judge made a temporary delay. I don’t think there’s much to worry about. Most court documents from Romanian court are a bit more extensive than this.

If my memories are intact, he first offered hosting via his a perfume company.
    Then registered HS years later.

There is no doubt that the dude runs a shady biz. But he has stayed up far longer than I expected.

Again, this is not the first time this type of thread came up against him. You will probably see him running some new deals later.

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

I recall his company used to be called "Parfumuri Femei," or women's perfumes.

https://ipinfo.io/AS44220 :joy:

• imgmoneyimgmoney Member
    edited May 2021

@lentro said:

But how do you know that?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited May 2021

It's weekend and it seems that the probability to get any statement from @cociu during a weekend is even considerably lower than during working days.

Let's wait and see whether we hear anything on monday on his DC and/or his network links and/or his nodes.

That said, cociu: Sh_t happens and even the best providers can find themselves in trouble. Your going incommunicado while your operations seem to be in serious trouble (multiple nodes it seems) is however absolutely unacceptable! You are very lucky that so far no competitor is running a migration promo.

@Francisco said: A handful of us have been calling him out for the credit top ups for a good bit of time. He promised to stop, did for a few months, and then went right back at it.

The only even somewhat valid reason for doing those credit top ups is taxation, but even that does not make sense at 50% bonus -- and i doubt romania has such egregious taxation as Finland has -- which should be known as the heaviest taxed country in the world.

@lentro said:

That 4½k IPs alone is worth something tbh.

• zappatazappata Member

How to migrate.. 0mbit atm.

• Waldo19Waldo19 Member

Better watch your sisters.

Thanked by 1HolyCactus

@zappataa said:
    How to migrate.. 0mbit atm.

You use something called a backup.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Been a lurker far far longer, been using him since 2019

Here is the name change thread, pretty recent:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/166716/come-and-check-how-much-is-cocius-word-worth-xd/p1

This discussion has been closed.