Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net No More?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net No More?

spunspun Member

I heard that they are no longer offering shared/reseller hosting. Any news on this? Haven't seen it announced anywhere.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

Not sure, but:

Not offering anymore (in general) and "Out of Stock" are different :)
    Fran mentioned he has ordered new Hw recently iirc.

Thanked by 1unfortunately
  • level6level6 Member
    edited March 2021

There are reseller slots in stock when I checked a few minutes ago.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sources say that, reportedly, BuyVM has acquired Amazon and will be expanding to more datacenters soon.

• @jar said:
    Sources say that, reportedly, BuyVM has acquired Amazon and will be expanding to more datacenters soon.

I heard they acquired the surface area of Jeff Bezos head to build their new headquarters.

Thanked by 2jar bulbasaur
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

:D I heard they bought every pony in the land so they had all the horse power :D

Thanked by 1danielcardosopt
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Shared is no longer being sold/permanently out of stock, @Francisco posted an update in the discord about that in early February. I think resellers are still open for existing customers to move from cPanel to DA - or something like that.

• damn first ramnode fell and now buyshared rip pouring one out for the deceased homies

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2021

@Harambe said:
    Shared is no longer being sold/permanently out of stock, @Francisco posted an update in the discord about that in early February. I think resellers are still open for existing customers to move from cPanel to DA - or something like that.

Correct. We want to spend this year focusing on the Buyvm side of things.

Resellers are in stock for those that want to move off cpanel. While it’ll let you put it in your cart, it’ll block you from completing your order unless you have an active cpanel reseller.

We still offer all of our freebies which is great for anyone wanting to host on that. Free directadmin, softaculous, and blesta. We hope to have something involving mailchannels soon too :)

EDIT - fixing autocompletes.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MichaelCee SinV
  • @Francisco said: Free directed in, soft schools, and blesta.

I thought that said soft stools for a second then and I was gonna go all in.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • gappergapper Member
    edited March 2021

Hello @Francisco if I recall correctly your DA reseller accounts (and sub-accounts) can't email right? So if you implement Mailchannels do it means that email will work?

I ask because for example on my WP blog hosted on your reseller account, when I click on "I forgot my password" it never sends the email. If I switch to an extenal SMTP like Sendgrid then email goes fine.

@gapper said: Hello @Francisco if I recall correctly your reseller accounts (and sub-accounts) can't email right? So if you implement Mailchannels do it means that email will work?

Mailchannels is enabled for free on all users. All emails you send via SMTP (from an actual email address you create inside DA/cPanel) will send out via mailchannels.

We just block phpmail/sendmail by default. Users can ticket and we'll whitelist them.

Francisco

Thanked by 2kkrajk SinV
  • @Francisco said:
    Resellers are in stock for those that want to move off cpanel. While it’ll let you put it in your cart, it’ll block you from completing your order unless you have an active cpanel reseller.

Just out of interest can existing DA resellers upgrade plans or is that blocked?

@LeonDynamic said:

@Francisco said:

Just out of interest can existing DA resellers upgrade plans or is that blocked?

Yep you can upgrade/downgrade as you like.

We'll still provide full support and features and improve the product where possible (like adding jetbackup, but I have to see if the bug we ran into is fixed).

Francisco

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Francisco said: Correct. We want to spend this year focusing on the Buyvm side of things.

So...why?

• @raindog308 said:

@Francisco said: Correct. We want to spend this year focusing on the Buyvm side of things.

So...why?

Because BuyOcean should be a thing.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

Waiting for that day when Colocrossing buys out NexusBytes.

• @Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

Wait a minute...if I'm buying out CC and CC is buying out NB.. I'm @seriesn boss now?

Thanked by 2yoursunny Logano
  • @Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

I think my IP ranges are a bit too clean for their taste ;)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@SmallWeb said:

@Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

Wait a minute...if I'm buying out CC and CC is buying out NB.. I'm @seriesn boss now?

SmolWeb goes into BossWeb

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
    edited March 2021

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

Shared accounted for something like 80% of our support load because customers expect us to fix their broken code, compromised sites, misconfigured applications, the works. We never claimed to offer end user support but then we end up arguing with people that demand we spend hours fixing their sites.

Hiking the price a bunch was on the menu, but we've never done that unless forced to (cPanel) and we have no plans to start.

Besides, a $7/month Slice is usually pretty good for many people. It includes all the licenses you need, and addon storage is available via slabs. We have no problem helping people install, configure, debug, and even migrate to, such setups.

We have lots of features we want to get into Stallion and just overall improvements to our offerings. I can't do that all if I'm up to my ears in 'my wordpress with 90 plugins is hitting the CPU limits'.

Francisco

• @SmallWeb said:

@Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

Yes boss!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee

@seriesn said:

@Neoon said:

@seriesn said:

@raindog308 said:

So...why?

I think my IP ranges are a bit too clean for their taste ;)

"Yeah but you can't taste the hogs anus....".

Francisco

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@seriesn said: Because BuyOcean should be a thing.

Buyvr? Buynode? Buyzure? Lots of options.

• @raindog308 said:

@seriesn said: Because BuyOcean should be a thing.

Buyvr? Buynode? Buyzure? Lots of options.

BuysRUs

• BuyMeARiver

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @Francisco said:

@Harambe said:

Correct. We want to spend this year focusing on the Buyvm side of things.

We still offer all of our freebies which is great for anyone wanting to host on that. Free directadmin, softaculous, and blesta. We hope to have something involving mailchannels soon too :)

EDIT - fixing autocompletes.

Francisco

@Francisco good luck with your focus on the BuyVM side!

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Francisco said: We hope to have something involving mailchannels soon too

A paid add-on along the lines of a Mailchannels reseller plan with fixed number of outbound mails per month for BuyVM users? That'd be pretty friggin sweet! :tongue:

• @Francisco said: Yep you can upgrade/downgrade as you like.

We'll still provide full support and features and improve the product where possible (like adding jetbackup, but I have to see if the bug we ran into is fixed).

Hello @Francisco

Glad to see that you are still interested in adding JetBackup to your product. I would like to mention that the issue you reported was fixed in JetBackup v5.1.5, released back in January 2021. We appreciate any and all feedback as it allows us to quickly produce updates that make our software more secure, reliable, and versatile. We hope to see you try out the latest version (5.1.9 which is available in all tiers, including Stable) and hope to receive your feedback.

Thank you,
    JetApps Team.

@JetApps said:

@Francisco said: Yep you can upgrade/downgrade as you like.

Hello @Francisco

Glad to see that you are still interested in adding JetBackup to your product. I would like to mention that the issue you reported was fixed in JetBackup v5.1.5, released back in January 2021. We appreciate any and all feedback as it allows us to quickly produce updates that make our software more secure, reliable, and versatile. We hope to see you try out the latest version (5.1.9 which is available in all tiers, including Stable) and hope to receive your feedback.

Thank you,
    JetApps Team.

Neat :) I never had a chance to test things, we got super busy afterwards.

I reached out to you to see about bundling jetbackup with our slices to make the ultimate 'Host in a Box' experience, but didn't make much head way :P

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation!

Francisco

Thanked by 2kkrajk JetApps