Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net No More? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net No More?

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@K4Y5 said:

@Francisco said: We hope to have something involving mailchannels soon too

A paid add-on along the lines of a Mailchannels reseller plan with fixed number of outbound mails per month for BuyVM users? That'd be pretty friggin sweet! :tongue:

something like that, yeah :) I absolutely suck (more than average) at building mailservers though, so I'm having a hell of a time finding something decent enough to allow me to restrict emails sent per user and things like that.

Someone pointed out Haraka as a plugin centric mailserver that I might be able to make do my bidding.

Francisco

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2021

@Francisco said: absolutely suck (more than average) at building mailservers though, so I'm having a hell of a time finding something decent enough to allow me to restrict emails sent per user and things like that.

Have you considered collaborating with @jar? Maybe MXRoute could provide mail services for you... Their outbound relays are pretty nice.

@Daniel15 said: Have you considered collaborating with @jar? Maybe MXRoute could provide mail services for you... Their outbound relays are pretty nice.

Sure, could be interesting :) We'd still need to develop something to restrict users from sending too many in a given month.

Francisco

• MXroute accounts usually have a limitation of 300 emails per hour so they have some sort of restrictions in place. Not sure if that's custom or if it's standard DirectAdmin/cPanel functionality though.

@Daniel15 said: MXroute accounts usually have a limitation of 300 emails per hour so they have some sort of restrictions in place. Not sure if that's custom or if it's standard DirectAdmin/cPanel functionality though.

They use directadmin which has the restriction built in.

I'd want to do a limit based on 'you can send X thousand emails a month, how you spread that out is up to you'.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Logano
  • Can you guys hear it, too? The Wind of Change?

First IH, then Ramnode, now (or, offically as of february according to @Harambe ) BuyShared.. What a crazy year so far.

• @Francisco said:
    I reached out to you to see about bundling jetbackup with our slices to make the ultimate 'Host in a Box' experience, but didn't make much head way :P

If you could make that happen it would be amazing. The licences you already bundle are super but this would be another level.

@LeonDynamic said: If you could make that happen it would be amazing. The licences you already bundle are super but this would be another level.

Who knows :) Maybe I'll reach out again to them but they don't have much of a reason to work something out with us.

Francisco

edited March 2021

@Ympker said: First IH, then Ramnode, now (or, offically as of february according to @Harambe ) BuyShared.. What a crazy year so far.

We haven't sold our customers or kneecapped the product. If anything we've done upgrades (Ryzen, etc) and hope to keep making it worth it to renew the plans.

Infact on the shared hosting side (not resellers) we're looking to offer DA based plans, but at the old 5/10/15 price and include DDOS protection with it. We couldn't include a dedicated IP doing this though, but I think the price drop + DDOS is likely to grab the attention of many cPanel users.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Ympker donko
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2021

@Francisco said:

@Ympker said: First IH, then Ramnode, now (or, offically as of february according to @Harambe ) BuyShared.. What a crazy year so far.

We haven't sold our customers or kneecapped the product. If anything we've done upgrades (Ryzen, etc) and hope to keep making it worth it to renew the plans.

Infact on the shared hosting side (not resellers) we're looking to offer DA based plans, but at the old 5/10/15 price and include DDOS protection with it. We couldn't include a dedicated IP doing this though, but I think the price drop + DDOS is likely to grab the attention of many cPanel users.

Francisco

Wasn't gonna say the path you are taking is bad. Just 3 "fairly big" changes for 3 of our favourite providers at the beginning of the year. Glad to hear you will continue to offer shared plans in the future :)

• @Francisco Whatabout current active reseller users.Will you also termininate that?Or we can keep it renewing in the future?

@suricloud said:
    @Francisco Whatabout current active reseller users.Will you also termininate that?Or we can keep it renewing in the future?

You can keep renewing without issue :) Again, we'll keep supporting the products the same way we are now.

We'd prefer people move off cPanel (and you sure, fuck 'em), but that's your choice.

Francisco

Thanked by 1suricloud
  • any plans for reviving buyshared?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

necro...

Thanked by 2Logano hyperblast

@gdarko said:
    any plans for reviving buyshared?

@Arkas said:
    necro...

For sure :)

We're wanting to do those plans under namecrane.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@gdarko said:

@Arkas said:
    necro...

Francisco

when?

with "free dedicated ip"?

shared 20g luxembourg would be cool.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

@Arkas said:
    necro...

Only 17 months, they deserve a pass this time🤔

• eh anyway... necrocrane?

• @hyperblast said:

@Francisco said:

@gdarko said:

@Arkas said:
    necro...

Francisco

when?

Free dedicated IPv6

@hyperblast said:

when?

No idea when.

No on the dedicated V4.

Francisco

• lots of no! nocrane?

@hyperblast said: lots of no! nocrane?

Got a few more things to get sorted :) But I have Mike working on more NC stuff soon.

Francisco