Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GetKVM acquired by Bradler & Krantz & Co. KG

Comments

• @BradND said:
    Learn2kvm... please

lol

• @Ishaq said:
    BradND

Please stop kicking a host just because he's moving on. Sort out your own disk problems:

GetKVM_Ash All the best!

One's OpenVZ and the other KVM? So?

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited September 2013

@BradND

Looks like it improved after I showed the first result of 11MB/s.

So it can't be because of ide can it? :)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited September 2013

@concerto49 said:
    One's OpenVZ and the other KVM? So?

What I'm showing is the disk, Bradley was saying that Ashley's disks are 'RAID 0' when his are not any better.

• What I'm showing is the disk, Bradley was saying that Ashley's disks are 'RAID 0' when his are not any better.

Multiple things wrong there in one line:

• KVM will show lower disk I/O inside guests than on the node even under perfect circumstances; OpenVZ doesn't have any such issue
    • if you're not using VirtIO you're doing it wrong, that will make a big difference in the I/O speed
    • RAID 0 is fast, nobody disagrees with that - but it's fast at the cost of a major increase in the failure rate (any single disk fails the whole array is gone). That might be a good decision in particular circumstances, but it's an atrocious one to make and not tell customers.
  • @lbft

Did you see the second image? he tried to blame me not knowing KVM when in fact it improved (to just under 100MB/s) after I showed the first 11MB/s result. No driver change either.

• GetKVMGetKVM Member
    edited September 2013

@lbft said:

• RAID 0 is fast, nobody disagrees with that - but it's fast at the cost of a major increase in the failure rate (any single disk fails the whole array is gone). That might be a good decision in particular circumstances, but it's an atrocious one to make and not tell customers.

We don't know where this rumour is coming from, but actually all GetKVM nodes are equipped with redundant disk arrays (RAID-1 or RAID-10).

• My providerservice 1 GB goes rock solid. Never had a downtime till date.

• We don't know where this rumour is coming from

The rumour comes from one of Ash's previous ventures. His word doesn't carry a lot of weight with some people as a result.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2013

Best of luck Ash, always feel free to drop me an email as usual, congratulations to Node Deploy for making a complete prize cock of themselves with no good reason.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2013

Thank you Ant and i will contact you, going to have a week away in the sun so i wont be stressing over some providers comments here. Matt at LoveVPS and Brad at ND have always had a problem with me, go figure. If people want to believe the words of two competitors with no proof, they clearly haven't done business with me.

To all the genuine people and the clients I have had the pleasure of working with, thank you, you're the reason i enjoy my job.

And for the record regarding the results above, those figures are from our budget OpenVZ line which has always been advertised as RAID-1, the figures from NodeDeploy are supposedly from there main market, there KVM product (In Germany FTR :P) so you still have the upper hand and don't provide a competitive result. Comparing KVM for KVM would be a better idea ;)

• @Ishaq RAID anything doesn't mean who's faster. They can be RAID0 of slower disks or RAID1 of faster disks - and? Either way, it's off topic. Good luck to everyone once with GetKVM.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Jack said:
    Where you going away?

Salou mate.

• @Jack said:
    GetKVM_Ash Nice, you getting your name changed on here? and are you sticking around?

Sticking around, for sure and yes :)

I'm going to make the most of posting without representing a company haha. Something special will be ready to go live in a few months i hope but i have an even busier schedule than running GetKVM, though its full of fun stuff and not work :D

Off to Salou tomorrow, moving house the week i get back and going to Amsterdam (Again) on the 23rd. Its all good!

• @Ishaq said:
    What I'm showing is the disk, Bradley was saying that Ashley's disks are 'RAID 0' when his are not any better.

Luckily for GetKVM's customers the new owner ProviderService's disk performance kicks both Ash (43MB/s) and Brad's (11 or 92MB/s) asses so there's no need for a Ash vs Brad epenidisk contest.. Hopefully the new owners will upgrade GetKVM's PATA Raid-10 arrays.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.18096 s, 492 MB/s

concerto49 said

RAID anything doesn't mean who's faster. They can be RAID0 of slower disks or RAID1 of faster disks

for transparency: the ProviderService test results I posted are SSD disks in a Raid-10 array :)

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited September 2013

@DomainBop said:

Maybe you should read my comment above. Those results are apples and oranges. A budget OpenVZ node intended for 2.5GB RAM offers, you only have to look at GetKVM's offers to see our KVM range is much more of a premium style service.

I'm happy with those speeds for the spec/price offered. If my results on the KVM side of things was as low as the stuff ND is selling, then I'd be worried.

• @Jack said:
    Why would you be going to Amsterdam then Ash ;). haha.

For a good time.

• Why does your signature say "I am no longer affiliated with GetKVM"? I thought you are going to work for them?

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why does your signature say "I am no longer affiliated with GetKVM"? I thought you are going to work for them?

Work for them as in a paid wage position, nope. But as i stated before, i have a good relationship with the guys behind providerservice so i will of course be sticking around to help them with the transition out of good will, I'm not obliged to do so is what I'm getting at.

I will more than likely carry on business with providerservice in other areas and keep involved with the progress of GetKVM, but i no longer work as an employee for GetKVM.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Sounds like everything has gone well for both sides :). Always liked GetKVM and it'll be exciting to see what you have in mind in the next few months, Ash!

Thanked by 1Ash_Hawkridge
  • Ash how long until you come back "bigger, stronger and this time for real"? Is it domain for new vps venture purchased already? Don't forget about .net this time! Will it be KVM? Most likely ssd KVM to follow modern trends? Tell us more about. How long to see your first LEB/LET offers?

• @GuanYu said:
    Ash how long until you come back "bigger, stronger and this time for real"? Is it domain for new vps venture purchased already? Don't forget about .net this time! Will it be KVM? Most likely ssd KVM to follow modern trends? Tell us more about. How long to see your first LEB/LET offers?

For now I'm going to enjoy some time off and spend it with friends/family, get a bit of exercise etc :P

• All hail the glorious king of pump and dump.

Thanked by 2miTgiB nunim
  • Congrats on the buyout Ash :). You have been helpful when needed. Hope to see you around :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

All hail the glorious king of pump and dump.

Aww come on. Are there hordes of unhappy customers of GetKVM? Don't remember seeing any complaints or bad reviews about that provider. Will there be a lot of people getting shafted and left without service in the ownership change? Doesn't seem to be that way again, the new owner has a good reputation and the previous one haven't exactly ran away with money. It all goes pretty smoothly with good experience for everyone involved, customers included. So what's the problem again?

• @rm_ said:
    Aww come on. Are there hordes of unhappy customers of GetKVM? Don't remember seeing any complaints or bad reviews about that provider. Will there be a lot of people getting shafted and left without service in the ownership change? Doesn't seem to be that way again, the new owner has a good reputation and the previous one haven't exactly ran away with money. It all goes pretty smoothly with good experience for everyone involved, customers included. So what's the problem again?

The problem is we're not all grown ups here @rm_ :)

• @rm_ said:

Don't have to have unhappy customers to be included in the pump and dump category.

Pump money in, grow company.
    Dump company, acquire dosh.

• @MrObvious said:
    Dump company, acquire dosh.

That's what they call business in the real world, but we're at LET so i can let it slide.

• Ignore all the sad sh!ts, best of luck with your future ventures dude.

@Ash_Hawkridge said:
    That's what they call business in the real world, but we're at LET so i can let it slide.