Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› We are launching Windows Cloud Servers, Looking for beta testers 💌👀
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are launching Windows Cloud Servers, Looking for beta testers 💌👀

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2020 in General

Hi guys,

Hope you all are staying safe!

We've been working on implementing Windows servers to our platform in the past few weeks for our clients. I'm excited to announce that it's finally here.

We are looking for beta testers who are willing to provide us with feedback and suggestions for our Windows offerings.

I have put down a few tips, so we can be on the same page in terms of what we're looking for in the beta test.

• Deployment process of servers.
  • RDP Usability
  • CPU Usage
  • Backup processes (CloudCone's Automated Backups)
  • I would not recommend hosting sensitive data on these servers as we might destroy or suspend any server at any given time (when the beta test is over)
  • There is a feedback icon on the management page, your feedback is highly appreciated.

WINDOWS-BETA-1

3 vCPU Cores
2048 MB RAM
40 GB RAID Enabled SSD
1 x IPv4 and 3 x IPv6
3 TB Bandwidth
$0.00/MO (for limited Free Beta Test)

Steps to deploy

1. Create an account at https://app.cloudcone.com/signup
  2. Order: https://app.cloudcone.com/compute/1205/create-windows?token=windows-beta-x.1.1&src=let-win-beta

Note: - The latest version of Google Chrome is automatically downloaded to the desktop for faster install

Only 70 beta testing slots available

Looking forward B)

Thanks,
CloudCone LLC
Since 2012

Comments

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited October 2020

The windows 2019 up in few minutes, RMD works out from the box. Chrome setup welcomed me at the desktop which made connect to the world a pleasant journey.

So far, first impression was great. Will test more once I have more time.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • I'm in. :smile:

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • count me in.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • Your verification email did not send for me.

• Order link is showing error 404

• @Luke007 said:
    Order link is showing error 404

This plan is out of stock.
    Maybe.

• Maybe delete the post if it's not available, and why make people register, jumping through registration hoops for them to find it out of stock?

It's pointless

Thanked by 2zenki DP
  • edited October 2020

Out of stock. Is there a chance for more slots soon ?

Thanked by 2sgheghele Cloudcone
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

@danielcardosopt said:

@NewToTheGame said:
    Maybe delete the post if it's not available, and why make people register, jumping through registration hoops for them to find it out of stock?

It's pointless

@Luke007 said:

Try this link:, it has more slots remaining. Once the slots go off, I'll make sure to update the thread.

• @Cloudcone said:

@danielcardosopt said:

@NewToTheGame said:
    Maybe delete the post if it's not available, and why make people register, jumping through registration hoops for them to find it out of stock?

It's pointless

@Luke007 said:

Try this link:, it has more slots remaining. Once the slots go off, I'll make sure to update the thread.

That worked for me, will give it a try

• @HyperK9 said:
    Your verification email did not send for me.

Found your issue. That confirmation email has invalid DKIM signature, you should probably fix that, it is a pretty basic security function

Only 10 more slots available on this link so far.

There is a notable network issue where the IPs cannot connect to certain regions. Hoping to fix that soon.

Some clients cannot connect to RDP and browse certain websites due to that reason.

• @Cloudcone said:

There is a notable network issue where the IPs cannot connect to certain regions. Hoping to fix that soon.

Some clients cannot connect to RDP and browse certain websites due to that reason.

was first one to say that :)

Thanked by 1Cloudcone

All slots are full, the deploy links will say it's out of stock now.

Hoping to let it run for a day or two!

@amsaal said:

@Cloudcone said:

was first one to say that :)

Network issues has been fixed, it was a routing issue.

I see certain VMs doing a lot of CPU than others, it's a beta test after all, so looks ok :smile:

• Everything seems ok here, i don't know how to run yabs under windows

CPU is haswell

Geekbench 5 Score

Single-Core Score

Multi-Core Score

Geekbench 5.2.4 Tryout for Windows x86 (64-bit)

Valid

Result Information

Upload Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:58:49 +0000
    Views 1

System Information

System Information

Operating System Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard (64-bit)
    Model Red Hat KVM
    Motherboard

Processor Information

Name Intel Core (Haswell, no TSX, IBRS)
    Topology 3 Processors, 3 Cores
    Identifier GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 1
    Base Frequency 2.60 GHz
    Maximum Frequency 3.00 GHz
    Package
    Codename Haswell
    L1 Instruction Cache 32.0 KB x 1
    L1 Data Cache 32.0 KB x 1
    L2 Cache 4.00 MB x 1
    L3 Cache 16.0 MB x 1

Memory Information

Size 2.00 GB
    Frequency 1001 MHz
    Type FPM_RAM

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • Would have loved to have tested this, but now out of stock :(

• @Cloudcone said:

It is because the prefix you have announced is invalid RPKI, it is a pretty basic security norm, not sure why that is invalid.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone

Thanks to everyone who participated on the beta test! We see a lot of stress on the CPUs :wink: which is what we were looking for.

Your involvement in this beta test was extremely helpful for us to test the stability and usability of the service on your end and on ours.

We will be revoking ownership of the servers from your accounts in 12 hours from now, and continue the testing on our end. Any honest feedback you have, can be shared with us anonymously on the official form: http://clco.cc/jUglz

There were 250 total slots available, and we are proud to say that every slot was filled and you were a part of it :sunglasses:

You can have the testing scripts or any tools which you may have used running on the server, and also don't forget to delete any personal/sensitive data stored on these servers (if any)

Thanks again LET'ers

@HyperK9 said:
    Found your issue. That confirmation email has invalid DKIM signature, you should probably fix that, it is a pretty basic security function

It is because the prefix you have announced is invalid RPKI, it is a pretty basic security norm, not sure why that is invalid.

Yup, you're correct, subnet was not allowed the ASN. Will be looking into them in the coming weeks, appriciate the help :smile:

Hello all! Thanks for all the testing and helping us put a price on Windows while having a seamless Windows experience without overcrowding HVs!

We have officially launched Windows: https://cloudcone.com/windows-cloud-servers

Our Windows Cloud Servers run on Premium Dell hardware with powerful CPUs ranging from Xeon Silver and Xeon E5s with arrays of RAID 10 pure SSD drives for the best Windows Experience.

Look forward for a sweet offer for all who participated in the beta testing via email, hopefully next week :smiley: