Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel review?

Hello,

anyone use cyberpanel for long time? i discover few days ago and I would like to use in long term for my project.

Comments

• vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2020

It's fast, since it uses OLS/LSWS. Especially with Wordpress if you use LSCache plugin.
    The previous security issues found have been allegedly fixed.
    Not sure if there are more.

Either way, if its only you using the panel it's most likely safe. I wouldn't trust it to sell hosting to clients.

Here is a benchmark I've ran a few weks/months ago:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3113322/#Comment_3113322

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • a big thanks @vovler! I dont need to sell hosting client I need to run my software on it. i only manage server so I hope is doing well.

• CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited July 2020

Just make sure you get a good vps since you'll have a lot of headaches if you're unlucky on some BF ones.

• Cyberpanel is great, it does what it's supposed to, and it's improving all the time.

It's a long way from perfect and sometimes it feels like there is more effort put into adding new features in each release than fixing/perfecting the ones that are already there. That said, the forums and the github are active and responsive and there is very active development.

We use it for ourselves and for clients, I'd just advise not updating to any new version releases for a week or so after they come out because there are usually at least a few bugs that are going to pop up.

• @S4_Hosting said: I'd just advise not updating to any new version releases for a week or so after they come out because there are usually at least a few bugs that are going to pop up.

+1

• thanks you for your suggestion...but someone understand how work paid plan?

• @chiccorosso said:
    thanks you for your suggestion...but someone understand how work paid plan?

What exactly do you need to know?

• @chiccorosso said:
    thanks you for your suggestion...but someone understand how work paid plan?

You can use CyberPanel completely and absolutely free without limitations with Open LiteSpeed.

If you are using LiteSpeed Enterprise then you should select the CyberPanel bundle at checkout with LiteSpeed and it costs one dollar more than whatever LS licence you are using.

If you have an existing LS Ent license code then I'm fairly sure you can just use that in CP without doing that, but it seems a bit low to save a dollar a month.

I'm not aware of any other paid plan.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • i really recommended for personal use, i use it for more than 9 months for few of my websites.

i have problem with remote backup, but i dont know its already fixed or not for now.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • What type error of backup remote?

• There were some problems with remote backups I think but we use both regular and incremental remote backups on a few different servers and have no issues with the latest releases.

Thanked by 1chiccorosso
  • Have a many problems, from installation to futures that is not OK or are missing (compared to other alternatives) and it's free only if you are Linux "guru". If you are not guru everything stop to work in the moment when you stop to pay "cloud" assistance (literally hours later) even if configuration and all setting are has previously been made, tuned and managed by the "professionals" of CyberPanel. If you have more accounts, they make you switch to Enterprise and the more expensive support (even if you only have 1 ticket) ... your support leaves and shuts down even if the server is down (through their fault). Not to mention the complaint and correct attitude ... I am very disappointed and do not recommend!

• @torettos said: it's free only if you are Linux "guru".

You expect to manage a Linux server without having any Linux knowledge? No congrats on your first post.

• gianggiang Veteran

@torettos said:
    Have a many problems, from installation to futures that is not OK or are missing (compared to other alternatives) and it's free only if you are Linux "guru". If you are not guru everything stop to work in the moment when you stop to pay "cloud" assistance (literally hours later) even if configuration and all setting are has previously been made, tuned and managed by the "professionals" of CyberPanel. If you have more accounts, they make you switch to Enterprise and the more expensive support (even if you only have 1 ticket) ... your support leaves and shuts down even if the server is down (through their fault). Not to mention the complaint and correct attitude ... I am very disappointed and do not recommend!

I dont have any Linux knowledge, but I’m still using fine.

If I encounter an error, I will Google. It’s really fun.

Before CyberPanel. I was using LEB Script from 2012 to install the VPS (Heavily modified by Google search).

• Used CyberPanel for a while and got so many problems with it on several machines / OS. I would not ever use it for some more than just simple, not important personal blog. Now I am using https://www.aapanel.com/ and it's rock stable and even muich easier and with more features.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

+1 for aapanel, it's very customizable and easy to work with. I haven't tried CyberPanel yet.

• aapanel for me too. simple,usable, stable.

cyberpanel used to break after every update.

• i dont even use cyberpanel anymore, just installed standalone openlitespeed for my production site through cmdline and i can easily set up vhost etc through the webadmin.

• tokoyukitokoyuki Member
    edited August 2021

@cybertech said:
    aapanel for me too. simple,usable, stable.

I am using aapanel too, with nginx+opcache + redis, normal usage ram 769/991mb occupied by fastcgi cache. but 1 or 2 days, my redis always stopped itself, I need to restart it manually, wonder the ram not enough or something.
    Do u know the command to add script into cronjob, for checking the redis service and restart it in case it stopped ?
    I search aapanel forum and found mysql auto restart, but not for redis.

Other than redis stop itself, I don't have any issues.

• @tokoyuki said:

@cybertech said:

I am using aapanel too, with nginx+opcache + redis, normal usage ram 769/991mb occupied by fastcgi cache. but 1 or 2 days, my redis always stopped itself, I need to restart it manually, wonder the ram not enough or something.
    Do u know the command to add script into cronjob, for checking the redis service and restart it in case it stopped ?
    I search aapanel forum and found mysql auto restart, but not for redis.

Other than redis stop itself, I don't have any issues.

do not know how to auto start, but how about adding swap.

• dnnrdnnr Member

I'm using litespeed but without cyberpanel with the script i take from linode by litespeed. I have no problems in more than 5 months.

Here the script if you want test:

bash <( curl -sk https://raw.githubusercontent.com/litespeedtech/ls-cloud-image/master/Setup/wpimgsetup.sh )
    bash <( curl -sk https://raw.githubusercontent.com/litespeedtech/ls-cloud-image/master/Cloud-init/per-instance.sh )
    reboot

• gianggiang Veteran

@cybertech said:

I just try to install aapanel. The panel itself was installed very fast.

Then I install OpenLiteSpeed and found out that the default OLS already got lsphp, but they also install PHP CGI.

They are also using both Apache and OLS config so it will be PIA if you want to edit something manually.

Hope they will improve it in the near future. I really love the UI and the speed.

• kidrockkidrock Member
    edited August 2021

@Anna_Parker said:
    Used CyberPanel for a while and got so many problems with it on several machines / OS. I would not ever use it for some more than just simple, not important personal blog. Now I am using https://www.aapanel.com/ and it's rock stable and even muich easier and with more features.

@cybertech said:

Is aapanel better than cyberpanel for Litespeed setup and functions to run professional sites?

• My issue with openlitespeed is limited documentation. Want to install Jitsi, Nextcloud, or any web app that uses dynamic content? Good luck since most only support nginx or Apache. It’s supposed to be a drop in replacement for Apache but it has given me many headaches. At least with nginx most apps have manual install instructions and troubleshooting tips. I think some of my issues have to do with openbase_dir but again, not many guides to learn from. My advise, learn how to do everything by command line and drop these panels that cause problems in the long term.

• @kidrock said:

@Anna_Parker said:
    Used CyberPanel for a while and got so many problems with it on several machines / OS. I would not ever use it for some more than just simple, not important personal blog. Now I am using https://www.aapanel.com/ and it's rock stable and even muich easier and with more features.

@cybertech said:

Is aapanel better than cyberpanel for Litespeed setup and functions to run professional sites?

Depends if you need to configure using the webadmin console. Which you should!

Cyberpanel due to its direct relationship with Litespeed this is the only panel that allows you to use the litespeed gui.

Other panels such as Directadmin and AApanel do not allow changes via the litespeed gui you can access it but it will tell you that you cannot make changes. All changes need to be made to the litespeed XML files.

Thanked by 1giang
  • desperanddesperand Member
    edited August 2021

@chiccorosso said: anyone use cyberpanel for long time? i discover few days ago and I would like to use in long term for my project.

First of all, I want to be understood correctly. I do not want to offend the author of this panel in any way, as I respect the hard work put into it. But I can't lie about this panel being good either.

I've used this panel on dozens of sites, on dozens of servers over 3 years, and each time I've run into the same problems, which have generated sleepless nights and a lot of hate for me in the rush to migrate sites to other web servers.

A list of problems I've encountered in 3 years of use that have forced me to find other alternatives, or leave this panel altogether:

1. In 4 out of 5 cases, the panel control update ended up with errors with code 500. unsuccessful update without any change to the panel components. Panel was not modified at all, but in this case happened in 80% of cases, problems with updates that put an end to the panel and sites working under it. This immediately created a huge number of problems that could not be solved in a short period of time, and forced to regularly create backups and prepare other platforms for an emergency transfer of sites to another server.

2. The panel itself could fall off quite often without any changes inside the panel. It just fell off on its own and there was no way to log in to the panel, while the web server continued to work.
      But when trying to login there were errors about crashing the panel (500 errors)

3. Very often I have encountered problems with OLS configuration. And these are problems due to the human factor, i.e. Initially wrong server configuration, which caused catastrophic problems in the future for all sites on the server with Cyberpanel.

For example:

• different php settings
    • session settings (there were cases when I clogged all available disk space with sessions that could not be deleted in any way)
    • was by default a huge amount of server-side site caching problems. I had to manually via .htaccess and so on - disable caching for the entire directory, as it is enabled by default, and always harmed and caused loads of problems.
    • There were problems with security and panel hacking due to holes in the panel itself, but that was a long time ago, before the second branch sort of thing.
    1. The panel, in my opinion, has grown too much and become "thick". and "fat." About 70-75% (3\4) of all the functionality is useless for a regular server, but these components are stretched to the panel. They don't seem necessary to me. Dockers, various extras. settings and features.

2. There were also very frequent problems with user permissions for site files... So many times...

3. And there are a dozen of other problems, which I'm just lazy to describe, but for the most part they are associated with bugs OLS.

===========

Let's talk about the good points of the panel:

1. Much respect for the file system architecture and the separation of permissions for each site.
      I think the way cyberpanel organizes the file system and rights system deserves a separate talk and respect. They restrict each site to a separate user with separate permissions in a restricted environment. I've been using this approach for a very long time WITHOUT panels, and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this clever tune-up in Cyberpanel.

2. The OLS itself is promising. But alas, it's too buggy. I chose OLS because of the WAF out of the box, but it didn't really come in handy in real life, ie. The need to protect the web application remains, but alas - this addition to the server creates a lot of problems. I can say the same about PageSpeed.

3. The OLS server is really "light" compared to Apache. And it is significantly noticeable in various tests, and just during the operation of the panel. But if you compare the same version of PHP + nginx, the results are not in favor of OLS

=================

Let's talk about Litespeed in general, as a company, and their individual products.

1. Very often the sites themselves this web server "lie", whether under the influence of DDoS attacks, or from increased demand, or from something else. I don't know.

2. Either the sites themselves are very slow.

3. The documentation is unfortunately confusing and problematic, or extremely outdated.

4. Plugins for popular CMS from this company very often look very good and promises much, but in real work very poorly. Just like their servers. They promise one thing, but you always get the same thing in all Litespeed products - problems and bugs.

5. OLS is VERY different from Litespeed in terms of stability and presence of bugs. What I mean is that I have experience with the enterprise branch and the free branch, and the difference catches my eye very much. Their paid products are really good quality, which can't be said for the free ones.

==============

Overall:
    I don't know how to help you. On the one hand it is a good panel, but I would not recommend it because of the huge number of very silly bugs and problems that are associated with testing or ignorance of how to properly configure the web server and web components.

I'm tired of the circus and unpredictable problems with Litespeed software...
    I'm sick of the lies, and the very silly bugs associated with not testing your product before release...

Thanked by 3pedagang Arkas redcat
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@desperand said:

@chiccorosso said: anyone use cyberpanel for long time? i discover few days ago and I would like to use in long term for my project.

First of all, I want to be understood correctly. I do not want to offend the author of this panel in any way, as I respect the hard work put into it. But I can't lie about this panel being good either.

I've used this panel on dozens of sites, on dozens of servers over 3 years, and each time I've run into the same problems, which have generated sleepless nights and a lot of hate for me in the rush to migrate sites to other web servers.

A list of problems I've encountered in 3 years of use that have forced me to find other alternatives, or leave this panel altogether:

1. In 4 out of 5 cases, the panel control update ended up with errors with code 500. unsuccessful update without any change to the panel components. Panel was not modified at all, but in this case happened in 80% of cases, problems with updates that put an end to the panel and sites working under it. This immediately created a huge number of problems that could not be solved in a short period of time, and forced to regularly create backups and prepare other platforms for an emergency transfer of sites to another server.

2. The panel itself could fall off quite often without any changes inside the panel. It just fell off on its own and there was no way to log in to the panel, while the web server continued to work.
      But when trying to login there were errors about crashing the panel (500 errors)

3. Very often I have encountered problems with OLS configuration. And these are problems due to the human factor, i.e. Initially wrong server configuration, which caused catastrophic problems in the future for all sites on the server with Cyberpanel.

For example:

• different php settings
    • session settings (there were cases when I clogged all available disk space with sessions that could not be deleted in any way)
    • was by default a huge amount of server-side site caching problems. I had to manually via .htaccess and so on - disable caching for the entire directory, as it is enabled by default, and always harmed and caused loads of problems.
    • There were problems with security and panel hacking due to holes in the panel itself, but that was a long time ago, before the second branch sort of thing.
    1. The panel, in my opinion, has grown too much and become "thick". and "fat." About 70-75% (3\4) of all the functionality is useless for a regular server, but these components are stretched to the panel. They don't seem necessary to me. Dockers, various extras. settings and features.

2. There were also very frequent problems with user permissions for site files... So many times...

3. And there are a dozen of other problems, which I'm just lazy to describe, but for the most part they are associated with bugs OLS.

===========

Let's talk about the good points of the panel:

1. Much respect for the file system architecture and the separation of permissions for each site.
      I think the way cyberpanel organizes the file system and rights system deserves a separate talk and respect. They restrict each site to a separate user with separate permissions in a restricted environment. I've been using this approach for a very long time WITHOUT panels, and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this clever tune-up in Cyberpanel.

2. The OLS itself is promising. But alas, it's too buggy. I chose OLS because of the WAF out of the box, but it didn't really come in handy in real life, ie. The need to protect the web application remains, but alas - this addition to the server creates a lot of problems. I can say the same about PageSpeed.

3. The OLS server is really "light" compared to Apache. And it is significantly noticeable in various tests, and just during the operation of the panel. But if you compare the same version of PHP + nginx, the results are not in favor of OLS

=================

Let's talk about Litespeed in general, as a company, and their individual products.

1. Very often the sites themselves this web server "lie", whether under the influence of DDoS attacks, or from increased demand, or from something else. I don't know.

2. Either the sites themselves are very slow.

3. The documentation is unfortunately confusing and problematic, or extremely outdated.

4. Plugins for popular CMS from this company very often look very good and promises much, but in real work very poorly. Just like their servers. They promise one thing, but you always get the same thing in all Litespeed products - problems and bugs.

5. OLS is VERY different from Litespeed in terms of stability and presence of bugs. What I mean is that I have experience with the enterprise branch and the free branch, and the difference catches my eye very much. Their paid products are really good quality, which can't be said for the free ones.

==============

Overall:
    I don't know how to help you. On the one hand it is a good panel, but I would not recommend it because of the huge number of very silly bugs and problems that are associated with testing or ignorance of how to properly configure the web server and web components.

I'm tired of the circus and unpredictable problems with Litespeed software...
    I'm sick of the lies, and the very silly bugs associated with not testing your product before release...

I have had the exact opposite expirience with this panel. It's great for me. Easy deployment of Docker, nice storing of images for it also. I mostly use WordPress, so that's why OLS is perfect for me. It makes the site faster than nginx. It also gives me the ability to to have my own DNS server. Everything worked out of the box for me. Sometimes I had a problem but most were an easy Google search to fix. Never had a failed update.

• gianggiang Veteran

@hennaboy said:

@kidrock said:

@Anna_Parker said:

@cybertech said:

Depends if you need to configure using the webadmin console. Which you should!

Cyberpanel due to its direct relationship with Litespeed this is the only panel that allows you to use the litespeed gui.

Other panels such as Directadmin and AApanel do not allow changes via the litespeed gui you can access it but it will tell you that you cannot make changes. All changes need to be made to the litespeed XML files.

It’s because DA and AA are using include to their custom host file so web admin can’t work.

With aaPanel you can temporary disable “include” to use OLS ưebadmin to config, then put back include so custom host files of aaPanel will work.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

If you want a hassle free alternative, consider vesta

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

@Arkas said:
    If you want a hassle free alternative, consider vesta

Instead of vesta, go with vesta fork hestiacp, since vesta is long ago not maintaned and has alot of vulnerables. Also fastpanel is great panel aswell, their openlitespeed is in pipeline to be integrated.

Thanked by 1Arkas