Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode Storage VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode Storage VPS

JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Just wondering if anyone had any reviews on the RamNode Storage VPS’s compared to Backupsy?

Currently using Backupsy, but RamNode seems a fair bit cheaper for EU.

Thanked by 1Nick_A

Comments

• kp93kp93 Member

Awesome ++

Using Ramnode since 3 years , for cold storage. @Nick_A

Second copy is stored on LiteServer
    @LiteServer 2 years

Both locations are NL.

For non EU Servarica is great @servarica_hani

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Thank You.

• AlefAlef Member
    edited April 2020

I haven't used RamNode's Storage VPS specifically, but I have used there non-cloud Standard KVM and OpenVZ offerings since 2015. There support is top notch, most of the time less then 30m response time!

I can't speak to performance as I don't run anything heavy or ran any benchmarks. I just run a Nagios server to monitor all my other servers.

In terms of uptime, I have seen about an hour of downtime over the past 5 years of using their NYC location. Though that's what I have witnessed, I don't monitor my monitor server for uptime.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for checking us out!

Let me know if the MKVM plan you want is out of stock - we're running low in some regions with new hardware coming soon.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Thanks @Nick_A NL is looking good to me! :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Funny thing is, although I’m from the Low Countries myself I wouldn’t just store my backups in NL. Almost every datacenter overthere is below sea level. So if I were you I’d pick a second location as well, possibly ‘high in the sky’.