Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you run a seedbox on Kimsufi 2G (The famed 2.99 EUR plan)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you run a seedbox on Kimsufi 2G (The famed 2.99 EUR plan)

littleguylittleguy Member
edited July 2013 in General

I want to run approx. 50 torrents at a time. On private trackers ONLY.

I guess it is against their TOS, so:

What is my probability of getting caught?
What happens if I do get caught?
Will they only suspend me or do something even worse?! :O:O

Thanks~~~

Comments

• jakejake Member

That's what OVH is known for, so why not.

• You can. No network SLA if you do though. Might be slow. Might not.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

They'll send frogmen to your house and fill it with baguette and smelly cheese if you get caught!

Thanked by 3rds100 kro Infinity
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

They have so many Tor nodes and seedboxes that is probably allowed, albeit unofficially. They will probably terminate you if you get caught by DMCA or whatever else that makes them look at it.

• I ran this all the time on KS2G while ago when it was 9euros or something. I was able to use full 100Mbps without any problems

• @Ruchirablog said:
    I ran this all the time on KS2G while ago when it was 9euros or something. I was able to use full 100Mbps without any problems

They changed the TOS.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

Their old TOS even admitted that a "seedbox" is something you can run in their network, the only thing they did about it is "reserve the right" to not guarantee the bandwidth:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12190/ovh-bandwidth-aup-2013/p1

• Won't OVH only terminate for DMCA if its a U.S Location? I thought DMCA Is a U.S ONLY law, If you have OVH EU Services DMCA should be 0 concern?

@VPSSimon OVH does not have an US location.

• VPSSimonVPSSimon Member
    edited July 2013

@rm_ said:
    VPSSimon OVH does not have an US location.

Yes they do? - Eastern NORTH AMERICA (BHS)

• rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ maybe they plan to offer US location and that's the reason behind the recent ToS changes?

edited July 2013

They have offered U.S for month's ? Maybe you mean U.S Location isn't doing the 2.99 dedi offer, Not sure. I mean via OVH themself you can purchase BHS location.

• tuxtux Member
    edited July 2013

@VPSSimon said:

It is in Canada.

Thanked by 3rm_ hakimsheriff rds100
    edited July 2013

@tux said:
    @VPSSimon said: Yes they do? - Eastern NORTH AMERICA (BHS)

Bit mis-leading of OVH to call it america yet its not. But ok; DMCA might/mightnot apply .

Legally it wouldn't apply as its outside U.S jurisdicition; However OVH are never good when it comes to debating legality's they terminate instantly then investigate later which takes several weeks.

I've personally had several legal contacts with them an it took weeks on end of none responses until solicitor deployed to contact them finally got a response an resolution. OK That wasn't concerning DMCA but it was still regarding there TOS.

So i wouldn't dare use BHS location for stuff that violates DMCA; Although for 2.99 doubt many expect to be able to stream torrents an other high bandwidth stuff without having issues.

that is why i think 0 providers have been phased about the OVH offer, Awful support an there ability to act on DMCA as if its a EU law although 90% of time i hear they do ignore DMCA just odd time they act on it an force a server reinstall or termination.

edited July 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beauharnois,_Quebec

Bit mis-leading of OVH to call it america yet its not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americas

Thanked by 1chauffer
    edited July 2013

Ah; So its a french terminology thing. Makes sense. (i Learn something new every day)

• @VPSSimon said:
    Ah; So its a french terminology thing. Makes sense. (i Learn something new every day)

• nstormnstorm Member

OMG. I'd call it even double facepalm are not enough...

• @VPSSimon said:

Did you even bother to read the wikipedia pages?

Thanked by 2tux VPSSimon
    edited July 2013

Yes i did read it. I skim read it; An just re-read it an facepalmed myself >.<

I still call canada canada an not americas.

• @VPSSimon said:
    Yes i did read it. I skim read it; An just re-read it an facepalmed myself >.<

I still call canada canada an not americas.

You do understand that Canada is part of the continent "NORTH AMERICA"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America

Eastern NORTH AMERICA (BHS) is perfectly correct and makes sense no matter you read it in english or french.

edited July 2013

@peppr said:
    Eastern NORTH AMERICA (BHS) is perfectly correct and makes sense no matter you read it in english or french.

Yes i do, I just personally dont assosiate canada with america at all. I mean legally speaking, I still am pretty sure DMCA won't apply. - I was referring to the legal aspect of does DMCA apply to canada, Not if people define canada as part of northern america.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@VPSSimon said:
    I just personally dont assosiate canada with america at all.

I would rather say it is the other way around, I dont associate US with America, they are the odd chick there, if we think only of the neighbours, canada and mexico, those are so radically different, not to mention south america and the carribean.

edited July 2013

Not if people define canada as part of northern america.

Just stop talking, you're just making a bigger circus out of this situation with each new post.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

Canada is North of America so it's also known as North America.

Thanked by 1VPSSimon
  • skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@perennate said:
    Canada is North of America so it's also known as North America.

/me getting the popcorn

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

@ska said:
    /me getting the popcorn

That's also why South America is called that. United States of America is named such because it used to be just "America", but the country split up and then came back together during the America Civilian War.

Edit: this is also why the Statue of Liberty is green.

• skaska Member
    edited July 2013

@perennate said:
    That's also why South America is called that. United States of America is named such because it used to be just "America", but the country split up and then came back together during the America Civilian War.

There's one continent that is called America. This continent is divided by two tectonical plates, the northern part (Greenland, Canada, USA, Mexico) and the southern part. The northern plate is called North America and the southern plate South America.

If it would come from the name, then South America would be the original America, as the first settlers went there. South America was the first part of the continent to be discovered by Europeans.

Then again, I guess I had to much popcorn and didn't get the joke in your comment :-)

• MrObviousMrObvious Member
    edited July 2013

@perennate said:
    Edit: this is also why the Statue of Liberty is green.

I could have sworn the Statue of Liberty was green because its coated with copper* and sits outside 24/7.

• ninja edit because I'm a tard
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@ska said:
    then South America would be the original America, as the first settlers went there.
    South America was the first part of the continent to be discovered by Europeans.

what?! Settlers went to North America, from the Beringia ice bridge.