Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 26
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

@cyberpersons - been doing too many tweaks, lately?
    Fresh Centos 7.6 minimal & Proxmox VM: lightspeed is running (404 error, fair enough) but no console access to 8090 (timeout). Installation is a messy affair..

[12-13-43-Sat-Jul-2019] [ERROR] We are not able to add user cyberpanel return code: 9 [setup_account_cyberpanel]
    [12-13-43-Sat-Jul-2019] add user cyberpanel [setup_account_cyberpanel]
    [12-13-44-Sat-Jul-2019] add user cyberpanel successful

[12-31-55-Sat-Jul-2019] [ERROR] We are not able to Install LSCPD return code: 9 [installLSCPD]
    [12-31-55-Sat-Jul-2019] Install LSCPD [installLSCPD]
    [12-31-55-Sat-Jul-2019] Install LSCPD successful
    [12-31-55-Sat-Jul-2019] Install LSCPD [installLSCPD]
    [12-31-55-Sat-Jul-2019] Install LSCPD successful

[12-32-00-Sat-Jul-2019] [ERROR] We are not able to add lscpd to important groups return code: 6 [fixCyberPanelPermissions]

[12-32-48-Sat-Jul-2019] [ERROR] We are not able to Change permissions for client. return code: 1 [fixCyberPanelPermissions]
    [12-32-48-Sat-Jul-2019] Change permissions for client. [fixCyberPanelPermissions]
    [12-32-48-Sat-Jul-2019] [ERROR] We are not able to Change permissions for client. return code: 1 [fixCyberPanelPermissions]
    [12-32-48-Sat-Jul-2019] Change permissions for client. [fixCyberPanelPermissions]

[12-32-49-Sat-Jul-2019] CyberPanel installation successfully completed!

Ok, then :-|

• niceboyniceboy Veteran

@Chlitzxer said:

Thanks. Just posted on cp forum.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited July 2019

Cyberpanel is a nice panel and adding the option to use apache as backend server and ols as frontend would be great. @cyberpersons said that he would made this feature publicly available if there is a strong demand from users. So, if anyone would like to see this become a feature on the free version of the panel, he can say that here or on their forum https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/1485/apache-as-backend

P.S. @cyberpersons , this feature could be a game changer for your panel!

• akhfaakhfa Member

Why do anyone still want apache when they have openlitespeed with htaccess compatibility? Personally I prefer nginx + php-fpm, and move to openlitespeed if I need htaccess, and choose apache for last choice.

Thanked by 1level6
  • @AlwaysSkint

Yes during that time we were pushing packages. v1.8.6 introduced many bugs due to security changes that we did.

But there was lots of feedback on our forums, which helped us fix the issues. Now we've released v1.8.7 yesterday and we are back to stability.

Still, people are reporting issues and they are being handled accordingly.

Again thanks to everyone who tested and found bugs.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @cyberpersons when did you remove the platform functionality, I liked that and found it useful previously. You seem to be pushing your own hosting now, which is fine, but you have it all linked on CyberPanel website and CyberPanel docs. If you are wanting to build a panel that potentially you could monetise in the future I wouldn’t blur those two brands and keep them totally separate.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

Still no luck on getting this installed.
    EDIT: Trying again, after resetting the system date from the snapshot. :blush:
    EDIT2: Hurrah! It's back running and having same connectivity problems as before.
    @cyberpersons It turns out that Firefox doesn't like the TLS handshake but Chromium connects fine, to port 8090.
    EDIT3: CentOS 7 minimal requires bind-utils for CSF functionality.

• Costs 10 USD more than directadmin? lol

• @stefeman said:
    Costs 10 USD more than directadmin? lol

What does? Am I missing something.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@LeonDynamic said:

@stefeman said:

Cyberpanel unlimited = $38
    Directadmin unlimited = $29 / month

• @stefeman said:

You get LSWS on top of it.

• @ITLabs said:

@LeonDynamic said:

@stefeman said:

Cyberpanel unlimited = $38
    Directadmin unlimited = $29 / month

CyberPanel unlimited includes Litespeed Web Essential (full LSWS) but DirectAdmin is Open Litespeed and not LSWS.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • jsmcmjsmcm Member

@Edmond said:
    By any chance does CyberPanel work on a Ubuntu machine? Would like to install it for my own use.

Edit: tried installing onto a new CentOS VPS (since I got nothing better to do with that vmhaus beta VPS) for testing and Nginix failed to start with this:

[root@reacted install]# systemctl status nginx.service -l
    ● nginx.service - The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-08-17 01:30:02 UTC; 1min 35s ago
      Process: 10281 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
      Process: 10280 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:8199 failed (13: Permission denied)
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service failed.

The http web server is up, however, but sadly not the control panel...

Our panel, WebCP runs on Ubuntu with nginx

• hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited July 2019

@jsmcm said:

@Edmond said:
    By any chance does CyberPanel work on a Ubuntu machine? Would like to install it for my own use.

Edit: tried installing onto a new CentOS VPS (since I got nothing better to do with that vmhaus beta VPS) for testing and Nginix failed to start with this:

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2017-08-17 01:30:02 UTC; 1min 35s ago
      Process: 10280 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Starting The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server...
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: [emerg] bind() to 0.0.0.0:8199 failed (13: Permission denied)
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted nginx[10281]: nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
    Aug 17 01:30:02 hostname.reacted systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.

Did you registered just to quote a post from almost 2 years ago and "promote" (read: spam) your own stuff in other product thread that in same field with your products ??? LOL

Thanked by 1level6
  • EdmondEdmond Member

@hardgamers said:

@jsmcm said:

@Edmond said:

Did you registered just to quote a post from almost 2 years ago and "promote" (read: spam) your own stuff in other product thread that in same field with your products ??? LOL

Probably did... if whoever makes “WebCP” is interested, I am not interested in installing and/or using something I never heard about until some random shill comes along to tell me about it.

• jsmcmjsmcm Member

@Edmond said:

@hardgamers said:

@jsmcm said:

@Edmond said:

Probably did... if whoever makes “WebCP” is interested, I am not interested in installing and/or using something I never heard about until some random shill comes along to tell me about it.

No, sorry, I honestly didn't see that the post was old.. my bad

• @cyberpersons is schedule backup not working ? i already add the remote server. and not receive the backup file.

• i run python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/backupSchedule.py and backup is working. but i already add schedule backup but not working for last few days, i think the problem is cyberpanel failed to create cronjob. how to fix that ?

• @andiklive

Yes looks like cronjob is not set up properly, code side does not seem to have any bugs. I will take a look.

• most bugs introduced recently have been fixed really quickly , just missing that scheduled backup which is quite important

• It looks Amazing!

CyberPanel Demo is now available to be viewed from the following address

demo.cyberpanel.net:8090

Admin Login
    User: demoadmin
    Password: cyberpanel123

Client Login
    User: democlient
    Password: cyberpanel123

• @cybertech

Make sure you are on v1.8.9

Not sure if you checked this, but please try -> https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/comment/5595/#Comment_5595

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • Can I install it on Ubuntu ?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2019

@cyberpersons The timestamp on your website's news posts is broken. It shows the same date for every single post.

According to the url it was obviously posted on 4th of April:
    https://cyberpanel.net/2019/04/04/cyberpanel-1-8-2-released-security-release/

But in the post and in the News category it shows as "12 August, 2019", same thing for all the other publications in the category

• cyberpanel has very awful logs, and very awful logs format. Absolutely not usable.
    Many logs bugged out the box and not display access or error logs or both which is not okay.

Logs format = awful as heck too.
    Please use nginx/apache style of logs.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26780466/nginx-understanding-access-log-column

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @cyberpersons said:
    @cybertech

Make sure you are on v1.8.9

Not sure if you checked this, but please try -> https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/comment/5595/#Comment_5595

fresh install of 1.8.9, doesnt work.

chown root:root /etc/crontab works, but hope dont have to do this for every reinstall

• @realjohny

Yes on 18.xx

@vovler

Looks like theme issue will check. Thanks.

@desperand

Will take a look.

@cybertech

v1.8.9 fixed this issue, somehow this file end up getting bad permissions.

• @cyberpersons said:
    @realjohny

Yes on 18.xx

@vovler

@desperand

Will take a look.

@cybertech

I would like to ask how to compile lscpd, is there any source code?

• @killjin said:

@cyberpersons said:
    @realjohny

Yes on 18.xx

@vovler

@desperand

Will take a look.

@cybertech

Only binary, you can download from here -> http://cyberpanel.sh/lscpd and place in

/usr/local/lscp/bin/

• @cyberpersons said:

@killjin said:

@cyberpersons said:
    @realjohny

Yes on 18.xx

@vovler

@desperand

Will take a look.

@cybertech

Only binary, you can download from here -> http://cyberpanel.sh/lscpd and place in

/usr/local/lscp/bin/

I can pay a fee, can you tell the principle of lscpd, source code? 500$