Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!] - Page 24
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

CyberPanel - Control Panel Based on OpenLiteSpeed [Updated!]

1212224262729

Comments

  • @MechanicWeb

    There was a minor issue with demo, it should be fine now. However @jetchirag answer is correct about your above question.

    After the completion of the cPanel import script, we will be adding CloudLinux integration.

    Thanked by 1MechanicWeb
  • @cyberpersons

    Is there any possibility to include apache as an option?

  • @niceboy said:
    @cyberpersons

    Is there any possibility to include apache as an option?

    That would be great I asked for this months ago, and they decided to implement that on a third party cyberpanel hosting full of limitations I really don't understand why they took that approach :(

  • vovlervovler Member

    @Chlitzxer said:

    @niceboy said:
    @cyberpersons

    Is there any possibility to include apache as an option?

    That would be great I asked for this months ago, and they decided to implement that on a third party cyberpanel hosting full of limitations I really don't understand why they took that approach :(

    They haven't added apache as an option anywhere. CyberPanel works only with
    OpenLiteSpeed or LSWS. LSWS supports .htaccess and is a "drop-in replacement for Apache".

    You can install CyberPanel with LSWS for FREE if you have only 1 domain, and upgrade later if you want to.

    There are plenty of panels that rely on Apache out there, CyberPanel is for LiteSpeed products only afaik.

  • @vovler said:

    @Chlitzxer said:

    @niceboy said:
    @cyberpersons

    Is there any possibility to include apache as an option?

    That would be great I asked for this months ago, and they decided to implement that on a third party cyberpanel hosting full of limitations I really don't understand why they took that approach :(

    They haven't added apache as an option anywhere. CyberPanel works only with
    OpenLiteSpeed or LSWS. LSWS supports .htaccess and is a "drop-in replacement for Apache".

    You can install CyberPanel with LSWS for FREE if you have only 1 domain, and upgrade later if you want to.

    There are plenty of panels that rely on Apache out there, CyberPanel is for LiteSpeed products only afaik.

    I think you missed a lot https://www.cyberhosting.org/2019/05/08/switch-sites-between-pure-openlitespeed-and-apache-openlitespeed/

  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

    cyberpersons said: After the completion of the cPanel import script, we will be adding CloudLinux integration.

    That will be nice.

    Believe it or not, I am rooting for your control panel, and that's from before the cPanel price hike.

    Native support for OpenLiteSpeed is a plus. It will at least save $25 for small businesses.

    About the theme for user control panel, can you make it icon-based, similar to cPanel's home page? End users will love the similar look and feel.

    CloudLinux support is needed for CageFS - Virtual File System and LVE. However, if you can implement a virtual file system without CageFS, that will be a plus, too. I know at least one other control panel has a virtual file system without CageFS.

    Another thing, a feature request, actually, an option to disable mail entirely on a per domain/account basis. If this can be done, all the headache for spam emails when a website is comprised will be gone.

  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

    @cyberpersons

    Also, you will need to work on the reseller center.

  • ITLabsITLabs Member

    @cyberpersons could you please explain the role of "Cloud Platform" for Cyberpanel?

    As I understand it, "Cloud Platform" is required if I need to manage databases, setup HA clusters and manage backups, is that right? Are there other tasks that need platform intervention?

    Thanks.

  • @MechanicWeb said:

    cyberpersons said: After the completion of the cPanel import script, we will be adding CloudLinux integration.

    That will be nice.

    Believe it or not, I am rooting for your control panel, and that's from before the cPanel price hike.

    Native support for OpenLiteSpeed is a plus. It will at least save $25 for small businesses.

    About the theme for user control panel, can you make it icon-based, similar to cPanel's home page? End users will love the similar look and feel.

    CloudLinux support is needed for CageFS - Virtual File System and LVE. However, if you can implement a virtual file system without CageFS, that will be a plus, too. I know at least one other control panel has a virtual file system without CageFS.

    Another thing, a feature request, actually, an option to disable mail entirely on a per domain/account basis. If this can be done, all the headache for spam emails when a website is comprised will be gone.

    Directadmin also supports OpenLiteSpeed and CloudLinux already...

  • i just install cyberpanel on my new vps, and i love the options for "lite" version because i don't need powerdns, pureftpd postfix ... i think i will backup and move my sites to this new vps so i can reinstall my other vps ...

  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited July 2019

    Playing with cyberpanel just now (amongst others) and do appreciate how light it is especially compared to the bloat of one in particular.
    A few issues:
    The annoying cron task that I can't track down (not in usual places) that sends a warning every hour. This has been pointed out in the forum and not addressed for at least a year. Why it isn't in root's cronttab beats me, where a simple "> /dev/null 2>&1" would suffice to mask the deficiencies of the python script.

    grep -r "hourlyCleanup" /

    :-1:

    Needs a CSF interface, rather than lacklustre firewalld.

    Ran an update on it this morning, which wiped the Let's Encrypt SSL, in favour of a self-signed one. Now the login just hangs, trying to negotiate TLS. :-/ This situation is unacceptable for a live installation, so I'm glad this is just testing.
    :-1:

    Report card reads, "Must Do Better". ;-)

  • @hardgamers

    Yes, the lite version was requested lot, it became reality with v1.8.5.

    @AlwaysSkint

    Thanks for the feedback, I will take care of these issues in v1.8.6 (which is soon to be released with stable cPanel importer as well)

    Thanked by 1srhnyldz
  • @cyberpersons
    You might like to relocate logs to /var/log = I might have a chance to debug what has screwed up with the upgrade.
    Either that or I'm looking at a reinstall. :(

  • @cyberpersons when i try to restore backup created by older version into new version of cyberpanel i got error :

    Error Message: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/opendkim/keys/'. Not able to create Account, Databases and DNS Records, aborting. [5009]

    what should i do ?

  • Having a hard time getting ssl worked. The log says something about can't find file or directory.

    Also the cli / web api is very limited. I can't find create users. The interface is good and easy to navigate. Good for cPanel replacement, as long as it has decent apis.

  • @AlwaysSkint

    You can always contact our support at -> https://platform.cyberpanel.net/

    @hardgamers

    It could be due to a minimal install while creating a website do you check DKIM? Uncheck the option, because you might not have mail support enabled. Though will take care of this in v1.8.6

    @yokowasis

    SSL should work fine as long as DNS records are ok? Are you checking CyberPanel log file?

    For creating users, are you referring to creating users from cli?

    Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint srhnyldz
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2019

    @cyberpersons said:
    @yokowasis

    SSL should work fine as long as DNS records are ok? Are you checking CyberPanel log file?

    For creating users, are you referring to creating users from cli?

    Yes

    [04-10-31-Sat-Jul-2019] Trying to obtain SSL for: test.cbt151.id and: www.test.cbt151.id
    [04-10-31-Sat-Jul-2019] [Errno 2] No such file or directory [Failed to obtain SSL. [obtainSSLForADomain]]
    

    and Yes, I am talking about the CLI, and also the web api.

    https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=cli

    https://cyberpanel.docs.apiary.io/

    I can't find anything about creating users.

    also certbot is not installed, do I need to install certbot manually ?

  • @cyberpersons said:

    @hardgamers

    It could be due to a minimal install while creating a website do you check DKIM? Uncheck the option, because you might not have mail support enabled. Though will take care of this in v1.8.6

    I think it is because I restore to lite version from older version. I can't remember when I create the website in older version I check email option or not. Your restore script check for dkim. I found workaround by manually creating /etc/opendkim/keys/domain folder.. I can restore my backup.

  • srhnyldzsrhnyldz Member
    edited July 2019

    @cyberpersons

    I did a clean installation two months ago. My server Centos 7.6 on DO. ( https://cyberpanel.net/docs/installing-cyberpanel/ )

    I did update yesterday. ( https://cyberpanel.net/docs/upgrading-cyberpanel/ )

    getting 503 error after update.

    sites work but panel doesn't work.

    upgrade is not successfull. i get this error when upgrading:

    ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement IPy==0.75 (from -r /usr/local/CyberCP/requirments.txt (line 26)) (from versions: none)
    ERROR: No matching distribution found for IPy==0.75 (from -r /usr/local/CyberCP/requirments.txt (line 26))

    i try fresh install cyberpanel 1.8.5 on new Centos 7 server. But i get same error.

    i try fresh install cyberpanel 1.8.5 on new ubuntu 18.04 server. I dont get any error and upgrade is successfull.

  • @srhnyldz said:
    i try fresh install cyberpanel 1.8.5 on new Centos 7 server. But i get same error.

    Been there, got the t-shirt (from an upgrade fault mentioned above). This latest issue and the disc space used, has meant I'm now concentrating on other panels, for now.

    Good luck though - I may come back when it's lean & mean.

  • andikliveandiklive Member
    edited July 2019

    @cyberpersons

    look like rewrite rules not worked, should i restart service manually or it auto for openlitespeed.

    i want redirect anything url from

    http://example.com http://www.example.com https://www.example.com

    to

    https://example.com

    what i already to do is put this on rewrite rules menu.

    RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off [OR] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\. [NC] RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(?:www\.)?(.+)$ [NC] RewriteRule ^ https://%1%{REQUEST_URI} [L,NE,R=301]

    how make that work for readirection, or i should edit directly and which files. thanks you

  • @hardgamers

    Fixed, I pushed a minor package, will take an hour to sync to all servers.

    @srhnyldz

    I will investigate further.

    @AlwaysSkint

    Will fix the space calculation in case of multiple drives.

    @andiklive

    Where did you add the rules from? If you added rules from file manager then a manual restart is required, if you added from CyberPanel Rewrite Rules box, then restart is not required.

    It is also possible that OpenLiteSpeed may fail to read some rules.

    Thanked by 1andiklive
  • anyway to install 1.8.3 for now?

  • @cybertech

    If you are having problems with WHMCS API, try to upgrade now. If something is not working, create a ticket and we will fix it.

    Thanked by 1cybertech
  • I'm just wanting to be able to set SSH port

  • @cybertech

    Sorry, I will make sure to attend to this on v1.8.6.

    Do you use CSF or Firewalld?

    Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @cyberpersons said:
    @cybertech

    Sorry, I will make sure to attend to this on v1.8.6.

    Do you use CSF or Firewalld?

    Firewalld please. thanks.

  • andikliveandiklive Member
    edited July 2019

    @cyberpersons said:
    Where did you add the rules from? If you added rules from file manager then a manual restart is required, if you added from CyberPanel Rewrite Rules box, then restart is not required.

    It is also possible that OpenLiteSpeed may fail to read some rules.

    i added it from CyberPanel Rewrite Rules box, if i want edit it directly, where is the path location. thanks


    edit:

    working after edit manually, looklike its only know thats its on public_html/ root, and my root path is public_html/public/

    looklike LE renewing not working since i edit root path of my website, i should change path first before renew my LE.

    so i have question, is i already issue LE SSL on domain and click issue LE SSL again after 2 month (in case it fails renew on the of month because i custom root path before), its will same renew the LE SSL right?

  • intovpsintovps Member, Host Rep

    No ORM in 2019?

                cursor.execute("CREATE DATABASE " + dbname)
                cursor.execute("CREATE USER '" + dbuser + "'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '"+dbpassword+"'")
                cursor.execute("GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON " + dbname + ".* TO '" + dbuser + "'@'localhost'")
                connection.close()
    

    https://github.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/blob/1.8.0/plogical/mysqlUtilities.py#L74

    You're leaving the door open. There's gonna be a party on your servers and everyone's invited.

    Thanked by 2ITLabs Kwoon
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

    @intovps said:
    No ORM in 2019?

    You're leaving the door open...

    ...for the wORMs.

    Thanked by 1intovps
Sign In or Register to comment.