Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitmitigate banned from Voxility - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitmitigate banned from Voxility

13»

Comments

• @XSLTel said:

stefeman said: xsl.tel is pretty solid too. Its run from Iraq essentially.

false advertising (that was in 2012). even if I live in Iraq I lease servers from leaseweb. I was once with ecatel and promoting free speech host but it got me a lot of troubles that I don't want to get myself into it anymore .

What happened? What kind of trouble?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jackb said:
    Anyone with a working brain wouldn't consider what you're insinuating. Perhaps some of their people will do some retaliatory DDoS attacks, but I'd hope they have the sense not to do anything physical.

I don't insinuate anything. I make what I'd call an educated guess and I might of course (and even hopefully) be wrong.

Let me explain: I know a little bit albeit indirectly via a closely related discussion, that some "Q" fans have (No, I'm not one of them, I just happen to hear them often and to rarely say some words). Of course many of those people are just vaguely hoping for some kind of miracle to happen, something like the military stepping in and arresting thousands of liberals.
    Now, that may be in between ridiculous and idiotic but keep in mind that people act based on what they consider to be true.

In their view - and that's the relevant view for them! - they are convinced that the liberals (and the jews and the bankers and ...) run a major conspiracy to establish some kind of dictatorship of the left (or the liberals or ...). And many of those people are convinced that they must fight against that, and some seem also ready to fight.

I personally experienced their anger when I told them that I don't think that "Q" is a saviour or close to a saviour. It's hard enough to reach those people, to get them to at least listen for a moment and to think about arguments. Now that they feel hunted and censored many of them will escalate.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@jsg said:

@jackb said:
    Anyone with a working brain wouldn't consider what you're insinuating. Perhaps some of their people will do some retaliatory DDoS attacks, but I'd hope they have the sense not to do anything physical.

I don't insinuate anything. I make what I'd call an educated guess and I might of course (and even hopefully) be wrong.

Let me explain: I know a little bit albeit indirectly via a closely related discussion, that some "Q" fans have (No, I'm not one of them, I just happen to hear them often and to rarely say some words). Of course many of those people are just vaguely hoping for some kind of miracle to happen, something like the military stepping in and arresting thousands of liberals.
    Now, that may be in between ridiculous and idiotic but keep in mind that people act based on what they consider to be true.

In their view - and that's the relevant view for them! - they are convinced that the liberals (and the jews and the bankers and ...) run a major conspiracy to establish some kind of dictatorship of the left (or the liberals or ...). And many of those people are convinced that they must fight against that, and some seem also ready to fight.

I personally experienced their anger when I told them that I don't think that "Q" is a saviour or close to a saviour. It's hard enough to reach those people, to get them to at least listen for a moment and to think about arguments. Now that they feel hunted and censored many of them will escalate.

I'm not sure what this "q" movement is but surely the intersect between people capable of identifying physical locations of people involved with bitmitigate/voxility/cloudflare and people who are that crazy is really small.

As in the people who might consider violence won't be able to carry it out

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@jackb said:
    I'm not sure what this "q" movement is but surely the intersect between people capable of identifying physical locations of people involved with bitmitigate/voxility/cloudflare and people who are that crazy is really small.

As in the people who might consider violence won't be able to carry it out

Maybe. But keep in mind that there is a lot of anger against the tech corporations anyway (mostly only losely related). Just look at Google and facebook.

• @SirFoxy said:
    I don't really agree with this regardless of the contents of the sites.

Even he don't use 8chan, the attack can still happens.
    A better way is moderators treat users' speech with more cautious,
    Once it break the bottom line, report it to the police.

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep

@theblackesthat
    Greed that what happened . on Ecatel everything was perfect (hosting free speech websites, providing free management, free IPs, I had a lot of happy clients, etc..) until I was introduced to booters and spoofed ddos by one of my clients.

I started to host booters, rent them servers because I saw them as a pure money.

That was a dick move on my side and one of worst decisions I took in my life. what followed next was a dns hijack to main domain , registering deface on zone-h.org, threatening zone-h owner with ddos using my personal email, lying on public forum (WHT) about not doing it. trolling on WJ chatbox with a link to an old leaked xsltel's clients database.

damn I was so kid at those times .

The moral of story is if you do bad stuff it will be returned to you doubled, tripled and even quadrupled .

Thanked by 2MikeA iKeyZ
  • Freedom of speech today is becoming a rarity an impermissible luxury. Politicians Press on providers and then In countries block the Internet. ecatel leaseweb. Amsterdam All ISP and Datacenters Under pressure from Dutch Laws and the authorities will be forced to do the same @Vox . But I think the way out of this situation, there are a huge number of providers world is also great Who ever and will help them

• @sidewinder said:
    Ya I get it; however letting someone define this and suppressing the interactions to someplace less transparent is a bad idea. I get it you disagree. Some assholes on twitter defining what's allowable or extremist isn't for me.

@joepie91 said:

@sidewinder said:
    Letting some asshole at Cloudflare or some other random DDOS provider define "hate" seems like a really bad idea.

Also seems like a really good idea to let nefarious actors post in the clear, instead of relegating them to some Retroshare-like software or whatever the non-open choice is for communicating.

I guess everyone can fist pump now for a while since the end always justifies the means.

See here. Driving radicalizing extremists into a corner of obscurity is the point.

These groups don't want to stay hidden - they want to recruit as many people as possible by slowly "redpilling" them with rhetoric that ramps up from seeming seemingly sensible on small issues and then using that as a segue into more and more hateful content, and then feeding their followers in online echo chambers until the craziest ones do something violent.

Whenever one of these 8channers/Stormers kills people, they are doing exactly what the rest of these communities wanted, and hosts that tolerate these communities are helping feed new blood into their domestic terrorist factories.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Words have no power and these psychos are gonna shoot shit up with or without 8chan or whatever.

At least words have no power over me, but I'm not a pussy.

"No offense"

"Non taken!"

learned it when I was 5 yo or something but keep applauding. I'm sure it will work out great.

@texteditor said:

@sidewinder said:
    Ya I get it; however letting someone define this and suppressing the interactions to someplace less transparent is a bad idea. I get it you disagree. Some assholes on twitter defining what's allowable or extremist isn't for me.

@joepie91 said:

@sidewinder said:
    Letting some asshole at Cloudflare or some other random DDOS provider define "hate" seems like a really bad idea.

Also seems like a really good idea to let nefarious actors post in the clear, instead of relegating them to some Retroshare-like software or whatever the non-open choice is for communicating.

I guess everyone can fist pump now for a while since the end always justifies the means.

See here. Driving radicalizing extremists into a corner of obscurity is the point.

These groups don't want to stay hidden - they want to recruit as many people as possible by slowly "redpilling" them with rhetoric that ramps up from seeming seemingly sensible on small issues and then using that as a segue into more and more hateful content, and then feeding their followers in online echo chambers until the craziest ones do something violent.

Whenever one of these 8channers/Stormers kills people, they are doing exactly what the rest of these communities wanted, and hosts that tolerate these communities are helping feed new blood into their domestic terrorist factories.

• @sidewinder said:
    Words have no power and these psychos are gonna shoot shit up with or without 8chan or whatever.

At least words have no power over me, but I'm not a pussy.

"No offense"

"Non taken!"

learned it when I was 5 yo or something but keep applauding. I'm sure it will work out great.

@texteditor said:

@sidewinder said:

@joepie91 said:

@sidewinder said:

Words absolutely have the power to bring new psychos into the group, and words also have the power to turn a mostly harmless psycho into a harmful one who believes he is part of a movement with a mission

Thanked by 3joepie91 vimalware Ouji
  • this thread turned into a shit show of politics

• Not sure when "people shouldn't cater to Neo-Nazis" became a contentious "political" opinion, especially as their body count keeps rising

Thanked by 2vimalware Ouji
This discussion has been closed.