Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitmitigate banned from Voxility - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitmitigate banned from Voxility

Comments

• A moment of respect for the feds whose job was reading through those cess pools on a day-to-day basis.

Well, those bits have now been mitigated. :trollface:

What happens to the domain? Is ICAAN going to do a one-up final flex?

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

@vimalware said:
    A moment of respect for the feds whose job was reading through those cess pools on a day-to-day basis.

Well, those bits have now been mitigated. :trollface:

What happens to the domain? Is ICAAN going to do a one-up final flex?

From what I can see, seems like some of those feds are also getting shit on from a great height even while doing their sworn duty down in the sewers.

anyhoo. back down to this particular bit of plumbing - rumor has it that @BitMitigate is now was briefly hopping around bare-ass on a bunch of Vultr instances

I suspect the Vultrs will soon be coming home to roost as well tho ...

EDIT2: Ah ... @BitMitigate not being served by Vultr any more apparently - I am still several hours behind catching up on news after having been AFK for a while!

lulz ...

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

@Neoon said:
    Please, Vioxility cannot be taken as seriously, after they posted this:

At least the PR deparment is retarded deep inside, thats not how it works.
    I did not expect something else from them anyway.

SO MANY GHZ!

• Just canceled my Voxility server. Thanks.

8chan has tons of stupid right wing stuff, but it has chill talk and other boards too.

I wonder what other options they have left other than moving to TOR if both cloudflare and voxility/@francisco do not allow them.

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • @stefeman said:
    Just canceled my Voxility server. Thanks.

8chan has tons of stupid right wing stuff, but it has chill talk and other boards too.

I wonder what other options they have left other than moving to TOR if both cloudflare and voxility/@francisco do not allow them.

Maybe OVH.

• If Ecatel/Novogara had anti-ddos, it would be that.

• xsl.tel is pretty solid too. Its run from Iraq essentially.

• It's amazing how the internet gets blamed for all of this. FB showed a live shooting in NZ, are we gonna shut that down?

Perhaps they should look at gun laws instead.

• @Neoon said:
    Please, Vioxility cannot be taken as seriously, after they posted this:

At least the PR deparment is retarded deep inside, thats not how it works.
    I did not expect something else from them anyway.

Haha this made me laugh. Omg my cpu has 200 ghz!

• xaocxaoc Member

@marvel said:
    It's amazing how the internet gets blamed for all of this. FB showed a live shooting in NZ, are we gonna shut that down?

Perhaps they should look at gun laws instead.

Perhaps we rely too much on them?

Thanked by 2Ouji PureVoltage
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

(from the other thread):

from the metadedi discord I saw a mention that @BitMitigate, having been dumped by Voxility, now seems to have come full circle in a way: returning by way of Epik to a Cloudflare protected website something something "Anonymize, Inc" (sibyl.li) ... and the 8chan site seems to be accessible just via IP address. (If I understand correctly - to be clear, have not checked any of this to verify, and even if these details were more or less correct at some point, they may well be out of date by now.)

• pikepike Veteran

@marvel said:
    It's amazing how the internet gets blamed for all of this. FB showed a live shooting in NZ, are we gonna shut that down?

Do it, please.

Thanked by 4uptime jsg joepie91 Ouji
  • pike said:
    Do it, please.

ah ... maybe be careful what you wish for.

(but yeah, do it, please. I'm ready for assbook by now anyway ... or whatever comes next.)

Thanked by 1pike
  • eKoeKo Member

Bitmitigate is UP.

Apparently using the ip space of their latest acquired company: Sibyl - AS34962

• Letting some asshole at Cloudflare or some other random DDOS provider define "hate" seems like a really bad idea.

Also seems like a really good idea to let nefarious actors post in the clear, instead of relegating them to some Retroshare-like software or whatever the non-open choice is for communicating.

I guess everyone can fist pump now for a while since the end always justifies the means.

• hzrhzr Member

uptime said: Anonymize, Inc

This is Epik's domain whois privacy company

Thanked by 1uptime
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@sidewinder said:
    Letting some asshole at Cloudflare or some other random DDOS provider define "hate" seems like a really bad idea.

Also seems like a really good idea to let nefarious actors post in the clear, instead of relegating them to some Retroshare-like software or whatever the non-open choice is for communicating.

I guess everyone can fist pump now for a while since the end always justifies the means.

See here. Driving radicalizing extremists into a corner of obscurity is the point.

• Ya I get it; however letting someone define this and suppressing the interactions to someplace less transparent is a bad idea. I get it you disagree. Some assholes on twitter defining what's allowable or extremist isn't for me.

@joepie91 said:

@sidewinder said:
    Letting some asshole at Cloudflare or some other random DDOS provider define "hate" seems like a really bad idea.

See here. Driving radicalizing extremists into a corner of obscurity is the point.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

sidewinder said: twitter defining what's allowable or extremist isn't for me.

Yeah, if you go for that you're going to be waxing some womans balls.

At least in Canada.

Francisco

• XsltelXsltel Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

stefeman said: xsl.tel is pretty solid too. Its run from Iraq essentially.

false advertising (that was in 2012). even if I live in Iraq I lease servers from leaseweb. I was once with ecatel and promoting free speech host but it got me a lot of troubles that I don't want to get myself into it anymore .

Thanked by 1uptime
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2019

@XSLTel said:

stefeman said: xsl.tel is pretty solid too. Its run from Iraq essentially.

false advertising even if I live in Iraq I lease servers from leaseweb. I was once with ecatel and promoting free speech host but it got me a lot of troubles that I don't want to get myself into it anymore .

Aww.. a pity you quitted that special niche you were known for. You were known as the guy to host anything for a price xD. Regardless, good luck with the new way of running it.

You shall reach even greater heights now with the new site.

• It's amazing how a couple of angry people on people now get to decide what should go on the internet and shouldn't. It's not a matter of who's in the right or wrong, but who's the louder.

Reminds me when I got called a Nazi supporter and was kicked off Tg groups after somebody discovered I shared the same host as the Daily Stormer.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • hzrhzr Member

edfox said: Reminds me when I got called a Nazi supporter and was kicked off Tg groups after somebody discovered I shared the same host as the Daily Stormer.

Furry drama is always really stupid and overboard. I don't know why this is.

Thanked by 2pike edfox
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2019

@sidewinder

You are right. Freedom of speech is precious and any limiting it must be carefully and prudently weighed and left to the legal system only.

Besides a visible opponent is preferable to a hidden one.

And btw, what if rightwingers turn the virtue signalling of large corporations against them, e.g. by putting their posts on a liberal site before going on a killing spree?
    Anyone worth his salt in the security field always keeps that in mind and avoids mechanismus that can be turned against oneself.

Thanked by 1sidewinder
  • @hzr said:

Furry drama is always really stupid and overboard. I don't know why this is.

They weren't furries, but somebody that said "you are economically supporting those who support those who want those of my kind dead, so you are supporting them and in turn and you want me dead and when i'll suicide you will be on the list of people that made me do it".

I don't care about politics at all, i don't get it, i'm too stupid so i just ignore it (i know i shouldn't but there is too much going on), and i also didn't like 8ch considering they host all kinds of degenerate content. However, i believe in free speech (the Malta free speech, not the crappy US one) and seeing another place where discussion could happen freely silenced by some random corporation makes me quite sad.

• BitMitigate kicked 8chan off their services: https://epik.com/blog/epik-draws-line-on-acceptable-use.html

Thanked by 1uptime
  • vile and simply disgusting!

• OujiOuji Member

Very good.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

We should hope that 8chan has nobody with a brain or even some education in strategy and tactics (e.g. mil. academy) because if they have it might get quite ugly.

(I don't know because I virtually never read/followed/looked at 8chan but I'm pretty sure that many of those people won't just accept it).

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2019

@jsg said:
    We should hope that 8chan has nobody with a brain or even some education in strategy and tactics (e.g. mil. academy) because if they have it might get quite ugly.

(I don't know because I virtually never read/followed/looked at 8chan but I'm pretty sure that many of those people won't just accept it).

???

Anyone with a working brain wouldn't consider what you're insinuating. Perhaps some of their people will do some retaliatory DDoS attacks, but I'd hope they have the sense not to do anything physical. I suppose some skid might swat someone but other than that I find it unlikely.

Thanked by 2MikeA iKeyZ
This discussion has been closed.