Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StockServers - KVM 2GB Ram - 4vCPU - 400GB - 1Gbps - 40%off - FreeUpgrade4GB Ram
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StockServers - KVM 2GB Ram - 4vCPU - 400GB - 1Gbps - 40%off - FreeUpgrade4GB Ram

BopieBopie Member
edited June 2019 in Offers

StockServers LTD provides hosting in many forms, We are no stranger to the hosting industry and have years of experience behind our belts. Our Germany VPS offer is our welcoming to the LET VPS market. Our servers are located at Hetzner and are powered by Proxmox using Raid-1 or Raid-10 with ZFS optimization.

Our Offer

• 4 vCPU @3.2Ghz +;
  • 2GB DDR3 Dedicated (Free upgrade to 4GB, just pop in support ticket);
  • 400GB HDD;
  • 32TB Bandwidth on a 1Gbps shared port;
  • 1 Ipv4;
  • Operating System: Linux;

40% Off reccurring
Normally $8.23/mo with promocode only $4.94/mo
https://stockservers.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=45&promocode=4GPVJY1STD

Features

• noVNC from client area
  • Comes with OS of your deciding but OS can be changed in client are
  • Mount own ISO from client area(open support ticket if ISO not there)
  • IP given via DHCP so no need to manually configure
  • VPS statistics inside client area
  • Basic DDoS Protection

All servers are provisioned manually but once provisioned, Please enter on order form if you would like an OS pre installed or just an ISO attached,

We have very minimal amount of stock of these as its spare space on several servers, Most servers are i7 or E5 CPU, the cores are not dedicated and are fair share so abuse will not be tolerated, No miners, No Tor basically if we get a abuse report or DMCA you will need to get it sorted or we will have to terminate but we do give chance before we terminate.

Any questions just ask and I will give a 24 hour test to select people who want to benchmark but it will have only a shared IP and can only used via noVNC.

Thanked by 3vimalware sritub Ouji

Comments

• DecicusDecicus Member
    edited June 2019

Decided to grab one of these and see if I could use it for a project idling.
    Had a nice chat with Aaran, who seemed very open towards feedback (gave him some in regards to the control panel).

Here's a benchmark for anyone interested:

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.03.01 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2019-06-21 19:18:25 UTC

Processor:    Common KVM processor
    CPU cores:    4
    Frequency:    3399.996 MHz
    RAM:          1.9G
    Swap:         2.0G
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-52-generic x86_64

Disks:
    loop0     91M  HDD
    vda    400G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        2.287 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        3.993 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        2.426 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 21.8 us / 35.4 us / 249.8 us / 6.25 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 60.3 k requests in 5.00 s, 14.7 GiB, 12.1 k iops, 2.94 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    197.41 MiB/s
        2nd run:    205.99 MiB/s
        3rd run:    178.34 MiB/s
        average:    193.91 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    144.76.174.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         89.53 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        99.97 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   0.89 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      75.03 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         2.27 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Thanked by 1miu
  • BopieBopie Member

@Decicus Thanks for the feedback, And also thanks for pointing out the error in the client area which i have now got sorted ;)

Im always open about how we do things and how we have servers setup, I hope this works as you hope it would :)

Always here to help if anything should go wrong.

• OujiOuji Member

That's a really nice storage you've got there. Is still available for 24h benchmarking?

• BopieBopie Member

Yes of course, shoot me a dm but I won't be able to provision till tomorrow now as I would personally have to do it instead of support.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • Thanked by 1Bopie
  • Did not expect this at all, checked out one for fun

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • Is the disk true 400GB
    or
    (2TB-hdd)/5='400GB' ?

• BopieBopie Member

@vimalware said:
    Is the disk true 400GB
    or
    (2TB-hdd)/5='400GB' ?

It all depends on the server, Re run ZFS on all servers we have so at a minimum its going to be servers with 2x3TB HDD in a raid1 but we have a lot of servers with 4x2TB or 4x6TB in which case we do Raid-10 but again we use ZFS not LVM

• BopieBopie Member

@cybertech iv just provisioned all orders that were waiting so you should have got yours now :D

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @Bopie said:
    @cybertech iv just provisioned all orders that were waiting so you should have got yours now :D

Thanks mate. Indeed got it at 4GB ram as promised

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @Bopie said:

@vimalware said:
    Is the disk true 400GB
    or
    (2TB-hdd)/5='400GB' ?

we use ZFS

I'm fine with a little disk over-commit on ZFS.
    I just realized I had GiB and GB mixed up.

NVM :)

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • Is there os reinstall option in client panel with kvm templates? Only found the mount iso

• OujiOuji Member

Just ran a benchmark. Looking good so far. This offer is not unmissable, but very very good as the bandwidth and disk space are unparelled at this price range.

Also the setup time was really good. Just had to setup the OS myself, something I'm not used to (I guess you can say I'm spoiled). But it was a seamless experience using the noVNC console.

benchmark timestamp:    2019-06-22 02:36:41 UTC

RAM:          3.9G
    Swap:         2.6G
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-52-generic x86_64

Disks:
    loop0     91M  HDD
    loop1   97.4M  HDD
    vda    400G  HDD

2.374 seconds
    4.106 seconds
    2.576 seconds

min/avg/max/mdev = 29.9 us / 45.3 us / 529.5 us / 6.95 us
    generated 39.2 k requests in 5.00 s, 9.58 GiB, 7.85 k iops, 1.92 GiB/s

1st run:    331.88 MiB/s
    2nd run:    491.14 MiB/s
    3rd run:    189.78 MiB/s
    average:    337.60 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
    your IPv4:    144.76.174.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         102.67 MiB/s
    Leaseweb (NL):        89.55 MiB/s
    Softlayer DAL (US):   0.88 MiB/s
    Online.net (FR):      77.47 MiB/s
    OVH BHS (CA):         2.11 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

• BopieBopie Member

@cybertech said:
    Is there os reinstall option in client panel with kvm templates? Only found the mount iso

Unfortunately not at this time, Proxmox is a pain for templates but I am working on a solution for that. But your IP is given via DHCP so installing via iso we found was the best option plus you have more control over your install

Thanked by 2cybertech vimalware
  • BopieBopie Member

@Ouji Thats actually the best benchmark so far iv seen ;), Normally i will setup the OS for people but that adds time for the provisioning so i do give the option to install your self :)

I'm hoping to find a way to auto provision from templates for these as i wasn't expecting this offer gather so much attention, So far really my options are 1) pay someone to make me templates to work along side my provisioning module 2) use Virtualizor over the top of Proxmox to control provisioning ...

I will see how all goes

• OujiOuji Member

Bopie said: @Ouji Thats actually the best benchmark so far iv seen ;), Normally i will setup the OS for people but that adds time for the provisioning so i do give the option to install your self :)

I'm hoping to find a way to auto provision from templates for these as i wasn't expecting this offer gather so much attention, So far really my options are 1) pay someone to make me templates to work along side my provisioning module 2) use Virtualizor over the top of Proxmox to control provisioning ...

I will see how all goes

Given how fast you setup the VM, I didn't care to install it myself. Ubuntu doesn't have a lot of stuff to customize in the install, so it's quite fast do it.

With that transfer and storage size, you had a hint that it'd gather some attention as they're very good.
    Templates would be a very welcome feature, but for me, all I need is uptime and stability. Also the speeds are very good.

• BopieBopie Member

@Ouji this is why we use ZFS along side proxmox, I'm going to test tomorrow how well vortualizor sits along side the way we have our servers setup.

FYI the server your on is only raid 1 so I'm shocked at the bench speeds.

• @Bopie said:
    @Ouji this is why we use ZFS along side proxmox, I'm going to test tomorrow how well vortualizor sits along side the way we have our servers setup.

ZFS doesn't store zeroes. 1GB/s is not uncommon on the dd if=/dev/zero test

Thanked by 1uptime
  • BopieBopie Member

@vimalware said:

@Bopie said:

ZFS doesn't store zeroes. 1GB/s is not uncommon on the dd if=/dev/zero test

Yes im aware of that, I don't personally setup the nodes I have a guy for that ;) and it still amazes me to this day just how he gets things to run how he does but im glad everyone is happy so far, Im waiting on more IPs from hetzner so some orders are delayed until they get assigned to me.

• BopieBopie Member

Important

I cant edit my post so i will post it here, This package does support windows when ordered at the non discounted price, If you use the discount then we do not offer windows, This is because it would be unsustainable for us to offer such a VPS with windows at that price. The thread does state "Linux" and im sorry if i didn't make this clear enough.

• Yes very happy, CPU juice aplenty. Seems to have low I/O latency. Personally a fan of ZFS too

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • GaleejGaleej Member

ordered one

• FalzoFalzo Member

thanks, I saw this and was tempted to ask for the 24h trial to run some benchmarks. however with the piohost track record I am wondering how long this lasts before it gets sold out or dumped again. sorry, no offense meant but can't avoid to think that way, technical capable, supportive people don't automatically make the right business decisions...

• BopieBopie Member

@Falzo said:

thanks, I saw this and was tempted to ask for the 24h trial to run some benchmarks. however with the piohost track record I am wondering how long this lasts before it gets sold out or dumped again. sorry, no offense meant but can't avoid to think that way, technical capable, supportive people don't automatically make the right business decisions...

I expect people to be scepticle that remember that company, however what happened after the sale made me sad aswell as I built that from the ground up and it was my baby... Things are different with this company, I do not intend on going anywhere but I understand why you feel how you do as I would in the same situation.

I'd rather not discuss in detail on here though as I'm not affiliated with piohost anymore and haven't been for some time now.

• ------------------------------------------------
     benchmark timestamp:    2019-06-22 08:26:08 UTC

RAM:          3.9G
    Swap:         1.7G
    Kernel:       Linux 5.1.12-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 x86_64

Disks:
    loop0    1.5G  HDD
    vda    400G  HDD

1.865 seconds
        4.280 seconds
        2.602 seconds

min/avg/max/mdev = 39.1 us / 55.0 us / 917.3 us / 9.62 us
        generated 41.4 k requests in 5.00 s, 10.1 GiB, 8.28 k iops, 2.02 GiB/s

1st run:    120.16 MiB/s
        2nd run:    192.64 MiB/s
        3rd run:    120.16 MiB/s
        average:    144.32 MiB/s
    ``

Good stuff

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sritubsritub Member

Ordered :smile:

• BopieBopie Member

Delivery Update

Unfortunately due to high numbers of orders we have had to delay delivery by 2 Days, We have run out of usable IPs and if anyone is familiar with Hetzner they do not deliver Subnets on a weekend

• sritubsritub Member
    edited June 2019

@Bopie said:

Delivery Update

Unfortunately due to high numbers of orders we have had to delay delivery by 2 Days, We have run out of usable IPs and if anyone is familiar with Hetzner they do not deliver Subnets on a weekend

Oh :(

Thanks for the update though, appreciate it.

Also this is KVM right? so how are these cores shared? (I'm pretty new so don't know much about KVM and openvz ect.)

Also can i use fuse mount ?

Also torrenting is allowed as long as you don't receive any dcma right?

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • BopieBopie Member

@sritub said:

@Bopie said:

Delivery Update

Oh :(

Thanks for the update though, appreciate it.

Also this is KVM right? so are these cores dedicated?

Also can i use fuse mount ?

Also torrenting is allowed as long as you don't receive any dcma right?

Cores are not dedicated they are shared and fair share, Basically you cant max them out 24/7, the moment we would consider warning is when you impact other users performance.

Torrenting is ok for personal none copyright materiel however we do not monitor your server so you are correct as long as we dont get dmca then there is no reason for us to bother you.

as for deliver i was just in middle of an email to everyone who has ordered as we have a massive backlog now. We did not expect this many users to be interested in this offer so did not prepare as we should have and its own fault, if any one is interested in a refund then we well certainly do that for them.