Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtkick, the system all in one perfect? (faded away..??)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtkick, the system all in one perfect? (faded away..??)

Good evening everyone,
I allow myself to come back here, because I recently discovered Virtkick.
Just the demo, we feel the quality and reliability of the product. A single space for billing and server management, everything is included (hypervisor, virtualizer, billing, customer management, accounting).
Clearly, it was the perfect product for any VPS-only provider.
Being convinced of this product, I decided to buy it, and there I realize that the product is no longer available, because the start-up who managed Virtkick was bought by OnApp.
I look on the OnApp site, and no similar product exists ... (also clean, clear, simple and affordable in terms of price).
One of the livechat advisers tells me that the equivalent of Virtkick is OnApp core cloud, I look at the prices and there I see 1200 £ / 100 nodes.
So OnApp buys a product with high potential to make it disappear, destroy it and impose their wobbly solution at a high price ...?
So for new providers of VPS like us, impossible to find a software all in one SIMPLE, ESTHETHIC, and ACCESSIBLE ...
What a pity...
What do you think?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

What's there to think?

Money is the power and the prime source of PMS.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

There was a story with Virt Kick. You wouldn’t really like it even if it was available. Do some research.

• @deank said:
    What's there to think?

Money is the power and the prime source of PMS.

Yeah of course, but... Hum that's so sad to know that Virtkick project finished like that.

@Clouvider said:
    There was a story with Virt Kick. You wouldn’t really like it even if it was available. Do some research.

Oh yes, I read a story about the 15% taken by Virtkick, and also the "OpenSource" story.

• I take the opportunity to ask you if any of you would know a similar software combining billing, and server management ...

I am not sad. It deserved it.

• @deank said:
    I am not sad. It deserved it.

Why?

• YuraYura Member

We, at EHL, are currently working on the system that combines virtualization management, billing, invoicing, help desk, status page, live chat and integrates with Google Ads and Facebook Ads for lead generation.

The final product will be Open Source, selfhosted, free and include sample customer database from PioHost.

• @Yura said:
    We, at EHL, are currently working on the system that combines virtualization management, billing, invoicing, help desk, status page, live chat and integrates with Google Ads and Facebook Ads for lead generation.

The final product will be Open Source, selfhosted, free and include sample customer database from PioHost.

Hello,
    Glad to hear that! This kind of product is missing on hosting market.
    Could we talk on Linkedin or Discord? I would like to know more about your product.

edited June 2019

@TomHexon said:
    Why?

What do you mean "why"? @Cyder just told you; do some research.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

Oh God here we go... EHL... :-)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @deank said:

@TomHexon said:
    Why?

What do you mean "why"? @Cyder just told you; do some research.

I know that stories turned down Virtkick (15% commissions, not fully open-source, etc).
    Is it only that?

• YuraYura Member

@TomHexon said:

@Yura said:

Hello,
    Could we talk on Linkedin or Discord? I would like to know more about your product.

Definitely. I will upload the front end code and piohost sample database to our github repo at eternalhope after I finish refunding Alpharack customers for today.

• @ITLabs said:

Why you are complaining? x) Why does EHL sounds bad for you?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

So OnApp buys a product with high potential to make it disappear, destroy it and impose their wobbly solution at a high price ...?

This happens a lot. Read up on "buying out the competition".

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@TomHexon said:

@ITLabs said:

Oh no... its just perfect ;-)

• @jackb said:

Of course I know, but strangely, HostBill dont buy WHMCS or vice-versa.

• @Yura said:

@TomHexon said:

@Yura said:

Hello,

Definitely. I will upload the front end code and piohost sample database to our github repo at eternalhope after I finish refunding Alpharack customers for today.

I cant understand nothing, are you trolling me?

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2019

@TomHexon said:

@ITLabs said:

That's a good question. In the spirit of transparency, I will explain that there is a bit of history between ITLabs and Eternal Hope LTD. There is no rivalry or competition between us but some drastically different core philosophies. EHL is strongly committed to realizing the dream of aesthetically beautiful, simple to use, cheap (or free when possible) and reliable products that don't compromise on service quality. Our friends at ITLabs always pointed out that current business practices are all about profits and company growth. We believe that everything can coexist together, money driven and community driven products. And we just received 35000 anonymous signups from China, which is a good indicator of growth.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2019

@TomHexon said:

@jackb said:

Of course I know, but strangely, HostBill dont buy WHMCS or vice-versa.

I don't think hostbill have the budget to buy out whmcs. Their site only claims ~1000 customers which means $100k/year plus new signup payments. Whmcs is over a $1m/year business.

Interestingly enough though looks like whmcs might have been sold to Oakley Capital. Some huge changes listed on companies house.

• @Yura said:

@TomHexon said:

@ITLabs said:

That's a good question. In the spirit of transparency, I will explain that there is a bit of history between ITLabs and Eternal Hope LTD. There is no rivalry or competition between us but some drastically different core philosophies. EHL is strongly committed to realizing the dream of aesthetically beautiful, simple to use, cheap (or free when possible) and reliable products that don't compromise on service quality. Our friends at ITLabs always pointed out that current business practices are all about profits and company growth. We believe that everything can coexist together, money driven and community driven products. And we just received 35000 anonymous signups from China, which is a good indicator of growth.

Wow, seems to be dark between you... Does EHL have a website? :)

• YuraYura Member

@TomHexon said:

@Yura said:

@TomHexon said:

@ITLabs said:

Wow, seems to be dark between you... Does EHL have a website? :)

Yes, please check my signature.

The link is in his sig.

• I cant see your signature :(

• YuraYura Member

@TomHexon said:

I cant see your signature :(

But the Hope for perfect and free product is Eternal. Do you see it now?

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Yura said:

@TomHexon said:

@ITLabs said:

The fact is... we started developing this new control system together. But we came to a standstill... EHL @Yura wanted to develop aesthetically beautiful code and we just wanted to include PHP SELECTER 5.2 (cheap and fast, right?). So we decided to fork and close the source and now we are making tons of cash selling to Pakistan.

Thanked by 3Yura skorous SashkaPro
  • ITLabsITLabs Member

@Yura said:

And we just received 35000 anonymous signups from China, which is a good indicator of growth.

Proof? Screenshot?

• YuraYura Member

@ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

And we just received 35000 anonymous signups from China, which is a good indicator of growth.

Proof? Screenshot?

Please, check my signature.

• ITLabsITLabs Member

@Yura said:

@ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

Proof? Screenshot?

man... LMAO...

• @ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

Proof? Screenshot?

You just blew it.

-5 karma

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

@ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

Proof? Screenshot?

man... LMAO...

@Yura said:

@ITLabs said:

@Yura said:

Proof? Screenshot?

Knowing how to laugh and make fun of people are two different things.
    When I ask for assistance and potential suggestions on products / services, it is useless to act like two children.
    I sincerely thought that it was possible to seriously interact with members of the forum. The trollers are not welcome, I do not like when stupid people are making fun of me.
    A word to the wise is enough.