Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getflix Lifetime (= 30 years) SmartDNS deal is back on Stacksocial :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getflix Lifetime (= 30 years) SmartDNS deal is back on Stacksocial :)

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited May 2019 in General

Since there are always people looking for Flix VPS and I always keep saying that a SmartDNS/VPN Service focusing on that matter will save you a headache here's a nice deal from Getflix :)

I've been using it for quite a while and can't complain at all. In the user cp you can even define different regions for various channel groups. So when using their DNS your Netflix show UK content but Prime US for example. Also unblocks Crunchyroll US, Zattoo Switzerland...

https://www.getflix.com.au/channels/overview

"Lifetime" = 30 years
Buy for 49,99$ here:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/getflix-lifetime-subscription-3

Oh, and Getflix has VPN available as well which is included free of charge in the package.

It also allows to DNS over VPN in case you can't set your own DNS for whatever reason.

Thanked by 3ehab default sgheghele

Comments

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

LOL they blocked my country

• jamujajamuja Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker said:
    Since there are always people looking for Flix VPS and I always keep saying that a SmartDNS/VPN Service focusing on that matter will save you a headache here's a nice deal from Getflix :)

I've been using it for quite a while and can't complain at all. In the user cp you can even define different regions for various channel groups. So when using their DNS your Netflix show UK content but Prime US for example. Also unblocks Crunchyroll US, Zattoo Switzerland...

"Lifetime" = 30 years
    Buy for 49,99$ here:

Oh, and Getflix has VPN available as well which is included free of charge in the package.

It also allows to DNS over VPN in case you can't set your own DNS for whatever the reason.

Cheap sale because this won't work especially with amazon prime

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@jamuja said:

@Ympker said:

"Lifetime" = 30 years
    Buy for 49,99$ here:

It also allows to DNS over VPN in case you can't set your own DNS for whatever the reason.

Well for Amazon Prime to work you will need a Prime account in the US to watch Prime US. However Netflix, CR, Zattoo.. works like a charm. So yeah, it does work. And I'd reckon it also works with prime (IF you have a prime US account as there is no other way to achieve this iirc).

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@NanoG6 said:

Better ask their support. Looks odd. Then again some providers here also ban specific countries.

• donlidonli Member

@NanoG6 said:

If only there was a service you could buy that would allow you to get around geoblocks...

Thanked by 3NanoG6 Wolveix Ouji
  • solairesolaire Member

@NanoG6 said:

Consider removing your IP addresses from that screenshot.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@solaire said:

@NanoG6 said:

Consider removing your IP addresses from that screenshot.

Nah, that's my mobile ISP dynamic address

• sanvitsanvit Member

Thanks! Got one :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

After I re-set my password my IP also got blocked. :(

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@sanvit said:

Maybe your IP appears to be a VPN IP. Iirc in the ToS they mention you can't use smart DNS on a vpn ip as this would allow to connect way more devices than accounted for. Like on your home network you would normally only connect all devices you use at home but with VPN IP numerous other people could use your Getflix account to connect their devices resulting in abuse (as as long as the IP is the same you can use basically unlimited devices iirc) Not sure if this is the case though so I'd recommend contacting their support :)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Maybe your IP appears to be a VPN IP. Iirc in the ToS they mention you can't use smart DNS on a vpn ip as this would allow to connect way more devices than accounted for. Like on your home network you have all devices you use at home but with VPN IP numerous other people could use your Getflix account to connect their devices resulting in abuse. Not sure if this is the case though so I'd recommend contacting their support :)

Nah, after like 30 minutes ip block was lifted. Maybe just a system glitch :)

That said, the smart VPN doesn't seem to work, but I have to double check since I'm currently on mobile and I have missed something

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Maybe your IP appears to be a VPN IP. Iirc in the ToS they mention you can't use smart DNS on a vpn ip as this would allow to connect way more devices than accounted for. Like on your home network you have all devices you use at home but with VPN IP numerous other people could use your Getflix account to connect their devices resulting in abuse. Not sure if this is the case though so I'd recommend contacting their support :)

That said, the smart VPN doesn't seem to work, but I have to double check since I'm currently on mobile and I have missed something

Ah, nice :P A glitch then maybe. Do you mean their smartdns does not work or dns over vpn (since dns over vpn is still in beta phase iirc). Also make sure in your user panel you have selected the appropriate region for each group of streaming Services and also that your mobile ip is currently the one displayed in your cp. If not you need to update it in your cp from your mobile device in order for it to authenticate :)
    Anyway, once logged in their live chat will surely help you as well. Very nice.

Also see:

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200025659-Why-do-I-need-to-register-my-IP-address-

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200576025

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Ah, nice :P A glitch then maybe. Do you mean their smartdns does not work or dns over vpn (since dns over vpn is still in beta phase iirc). Also make sure in your user panel you have selected the appropriate region for each group of streaming Services and also that your mobile ip is currently the one displayed in your cp. If not you need to update it in your cp from your mobile device in order for it to authenticate :)

Also see:

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200025659-Why-do-I-need-to-register-my-IP-address-

I'm using their smart VPN feature. For some reason I was redirected to the local (VPN country) netflix but when I use the getflix vpn app, I can successfully connect to Netflix US

• OseriOseri Member

@jamuja said:

Can anyone recommend some VPN currently working with US Prime Video? Getflix used to work fine but now Prime detects it :neutral:

• caracalcaracal Member

How do these work on a technical level?

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker said:

"Lifetime" = 30 years
    Buy for 49,99$ here:

It also allows to DNS over VPN in case you can't set your own DNS for whatever reason.

Cool, thanks for sharing! It might be a good backup solution to SmartDNSProxy (which also works well).
    Are you happy with it so far? In particular, with Netflix, Hulu, and HBO?

Edit: is this one also for desktop only like their old deal?

• hacktekhacktek Member

I got one of these lifetime deals a long time ago and I still use it, rarely, but I do use it from time to time and it works fine.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Cool, thanks for sharing! It might be a good backup solution to SmartDNSProxy (which also works well).

I asked their support. These lifetime accounts support all services on desktop (browser) and mobile excluding US Netflix. Netflix US works on browser only.

They are planning to provide an upgrade path to lifetime accounts but no ETA yet.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

"Lifetime" = 30 years
    Buy for 49,99$ here:

Cool, thanks for sharing! It might be a good backup solution to SmartDNSProxy (which also works well).

I am very happy with it. Afaik the deal is just like the one I got years ago: It's limited to 1 IP Adress at a time and (probably) all devices connected to that IP can use it (hence VPN IPs are not allowed due to abuse). It definitely not only works on desktop level (except Netflix which is desktop browser only which I still can easily cast to my Chromecast from desktop/laptop then use my phone to pause/resume/volumeUPdown.. I have set their dns on my router Asus RT 58U and all devices connected to it (as long as they share the same outgoing IP, that is my home IP from my ISP) work with it. I can stream CR US to Chromecast from my phone. Other than that Zattoo and Netflix also work on my pc/laptop out of the box.

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

I'm using their smart VPN feature. For some reason I was redirected to the local (VPN country) netflix but when I use the getflix vpn app, I can successfully connect to Netflix US

Afaik the Getflix App does nothing else but update your IP and assigns their dns. So probably your IP wasn't updated.

• edited May 2019

Is its VPN any good?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@greattomeetyou said:
    Is its VPN any good?

It is mostly a SmartDNS service to get various Channels in US. The performance of their VPN (openvpn configs) is okay. I've seen better performance with Windscribe/Ivacy VPN though. I only use their DNS anyway.

• Use promo code WEEKEND25 to have it for $36.75 (25% off) :smiley:

Thanked by 2Ympker JerryHou
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:
    Use promo code WEEKEND25 to have it for $36.75 (25% off) :smiley:

Nice deal. Thought about renewing but... jk

• @caracal said:

It uses SNIproxy to essentially make the traffic for certain domains appear to be coming from a different location. You can actually create your own using this from Github: https://github.com/ab77/netflix-proxy

Netflix, Hulu & ESPN have gotten really good at detecting this, and pretty much block requests from any IP address that isn't consumer ISP. There's a few blocks out there that still work, but DO, Vultr... etc any of the big guys are definitely out of the question.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@OnApp_Terry said:

@caracal said:

It uses SNIproxy to essentially make the traffic for certain domains appear to be coming from a different location. You can actually create your own using this from Github: https://github.com/ab77/netflix-proxy

Netflix, Hulu & ESPN have gotten really good at detecting this, and pretty much block requests from any IP address that isn't consumer ISP. There's a few blocks out there that still work, but DO, Vultr... etc any of the big guys are definitely out of the question.

^This. I always recommend using a SmartDNS or VPN provider because when the IP gets blacklisted they usually fix it where as if you were self hosting it on a VPS you'd need to request a new ip/order new vps.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

Afaik the Getflix App does nothing else but update your IP and assigns their dns. So probably your IP wasn't updated.

There are 2 apps. One is the Getflix app which will update your IP and the second one is the Getflix VPN client app which allows you to select any of their VPN server. You can use the app without updating your IP address and when you connect to their SmartVPN enabled servers, you will get Netflix US wherever you connect (e.g. if you connect to the JP server, netflix, prime, etc. will see you as U.S. while other website will see you as japan). This seems to be great for people like me who doesn't want to play around with the DNS settings of your router/phone.

Edit : you should re-login to netflix for the new region to take effect, and I stll see the proxy message :(

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

There are 2 apps. One is the Getflix app which will update your IP and the second one is the Getflix VPN client app which allows you to select any of their VPN server. You can use the app without updating your IP address and when you connect to their SmartVPN enabled servers, you will get Netflix US wherever you connect (e.g. if you connect to the JP server, netflix, prime, etc. will see you as U.S. while other website will see you as japan). This seems to be great for people like me who doesn't want to play around with the DNS settings of your router/phone.

Edit : you should re-login to netflix for the new region to take effect, and I stll see the proxy message :(

Ahh okay. Never used their VPN (app) really. Why dont you want to just use their DNS? It's faster, too. VPN encryption slows internet speed down a bit. Don't know it this is required with the VPN too, but in your getflix cp have you turned On Netflix in "Regions" setting? :)

You can also try to restart your device, then start the vpn again, and then open Netflix and see if it works :)

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited May 2019

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

Ahh okay. Never used their VPN (app) really. Why dont you want to just use their DNS? It's faster, too. VPN encryption slows internet speed down a bit. Don't know it this is required with the VPN too, but in your getflix cp have you turned On Netflix in "Regions" setting? :)

You can also try to restart your device, then start the vpn again, and then open Netflix and see if it works :)

I contacted support and this is what I got

Yes, that's correct, for Netflix US access on your Android device, you need to use Smart DNS + Static Routing, but it is not available on Lifetime accounts.

Regarding the Netflix US issue, please be advised that Netflix US is only available for PC/Mac browsers for 3rd party promo or trial accounts. This is due to Netflix network change. So we can only provide US Netflix access to our website 1,3,6,12 and 24-month subscribers. This information is already provided on our website and the promo site you've purchased.

We noticed that you purchased a promo code from a 3rd party website which extends your test account for life to access 300+ channels over SmartDNS, and gives you access to our FullVPN, SmartVPN, TorrentVPN, Socks5, HTTPS Proxy network.

For Netflix, our test accounts and 3rd party promo accounts are on the network where Netflix is only accessible on computer browsers due to Netflix limitations. I just tested your Netflix region and it's streaming properly on my computer.

However, our website subscribers are on a separate network where we achieved to implement a more sophisticated unblocking mechanism for Netflix and they have been able to access it on any device. Due to high network expense of this unblocking we are only able to implement this solution to our website subscribers.

We're planning to have an upgrade option for promo code accounts, but unfortunately, we don't have any ETA the moment.

In order to access US Netflix from any device like iOS, Android, Smart TVs, Consoles or Media Players like Apple TV, etc, we can recommend you to create a new account with a different email address and subscribe to normal subscription plan on our website.

tl;dr Lifetime accounts can only access Netflix on PC/MAC.

Well, that's a bummer :(

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

I contacted support and this is what I got

Yes, that's correct, for Netflix US access on your Android device, you need to use Smart DNS + Static Routing, but it is not available on Lifetime accounts.

Regarding the Netflix US issue, please be advised that Netflix US is only available for PC/Mac browsers for 3rd party promo or trial accounts. This is due to Netflix network change. So we can only provide US Netflix access to our website 1,3,6,12 and 24-month subscribers. This information is already provided on our website and the promo site you've purchased.

We noticed that you purchased a promo code from a 3rd party website which extends your test account for life to access 300+ channels over SmartDNS, and gives you access to our FullVPN, SmartVPN, TorrentVPN, Socks5, HTTPS Proxy network.

For Netflix, our test accounts and 3rd party promo accounts are on the network where Netflix is only accessible on computer browsers due to Netflix limitations. I just tested your Netflix region and it's streaming properly on my computer.

However, our website subscribers are on a separate network where we achieved to implement a more sophisticated unblocking mechanism for Netflix and they have been able to access it on any device. Due to high network expense of this unblocking we are only able to implement this solution to our website subscribers.

We're planning to have an upgrade option for promo code accounts, but unfortunately, we don't have any ETA the moment.

In order to access US Netflix from any device like iOS, Android, Smart TVs, Consoles or Media Players like Apple TV, etc, we can recommend you to create a new account with a different email address and subscribe to normal subscription plan on our website.

tl;dr Lifetime accounts can only access Netflix on PC/MAC.

Well, that's a bummer :(

Hmm. Welp. Not much if a problem for me though, as I usually unblock Netflix rarely and if so on my pc/laptop only casting it to Chromecast - or old school HDMI to TV - which achieves about the same. Once the binge on Netflix starts you don't need the controls/remote anyway so it's on autopilot :pensive:

I, however mostly unblock Anime on CR and Zattoo Switzerland. Netflix Germany id actually not that bad so I only unblock rarely for e.g. Supergirl..

Fwiw unblocking Netflix on other devices than PC browser seems to be at least a but more tricky . Because e.g. Ivacy VPN also can unblock Netflix but afaik only in browser, too. Not with their VPN connections.