Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getflix Lifetime (= 30 years) SmartDNS deal is back on Stacksocial :) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getflix Lifetime (= 30 years) SmartDNS deal is back on Stacksocial :)

2»

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:
    After I re-set my password my IP also got blocked. :(

Maybe your IP appears to be a VPN IP. Iirc in the ToS they mention you can't use smart DNS on a vpn ip as this would allow to connect way more devices than accounted for. Like on your home network you have all devices you use at home but with VPN IP numerous other people could use your Getflix account to connect their devices resulting in abuse. Not sure if this is the case though so I'd recommend contacting their support :)

Nah, after like 30 minutes ip block was lifted. Maybe just a system glitch :)

That said, the smart VPN doesn't seem to work, but I have to double check since I'm currently on mobile and I have missed something

Ah, nice :P A glitch then maybe. Do you mean their smartdns does not work or dns over vpn (since dns over vpn is still in beta phase iirc). Also make sure in your user panel you have selected the appropriate region for each group of streaming Services and also that your mobile ip is currently the one displayed in your cp. If not you need to update it in your cp from your mobile device in order for it to authenticate :)
    Anyway, once logged in their live chat will surely help you as well. Very nice.

Also see:

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200025659-Why-do-I-need-to-register-my-IP-address-

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200576025

I'm using their smart VPN feature. For some reason I was redirected to the local (VPN country) netflix but when I use the getflix vpn app, I can successfully connect to Netflix US

Afaik the Getflix App does nothing else but update your IP and assigns their dns. So probably your IP wasn't updated.

There are 2 apps. One is the Getflix app which will update your IP and the second one is the Getflix VPN client app which allows you to select any of their VPN server. You can use the app without updating your IP address and when you connect to their SmartVPN enabled servers, you will get Netflix US wherever you connect (e.g. if you connect to the JP server, netflix, prime, etc. will see you as U.S. while other website will see you as japan). This seems to be great for people like me who doesn't want to play around with the DNS settings of your router/phone.

Edit : you should re-login to netflix for the new region to take effect, and I stll see the proxy message :(

Ahh okay. Never used their VPN (app) really. Why dont you want to just use their DNS? It's faster, too. VPN encryption slows internet speed down a bit. Don't know it this is required with the VPN too, but in your getflix cp have you turned On Netflix in "Regions" setting? :)

You can also try to restart your device, then start the vpn again, and then open Netflix and see if it works :)

I contacted support and this is what I got

Yes, that's correct, for Netflix US access on your Android device, you need to use Smart DNS + Static Routing, but it is not available on Lifetime accounts.

Regarding the Netflix US issue, please be advised that Netflix US is only available for PC/Mac browsers for 3rd party promo or trial accounts. This is due to Netflix network change. So we can only provide US Netflix access to our website 1,3,6,12 and 24-month subscribers. This information is already provided on our website and the promo site you've purchased.

We noticed that you purchased a promo code from a 3rd party website which extends your test account for life to access 300+ channels over SmartDNS, and gives you access to our FullVPN, SmartVPN, TorrentVPN, Socks5, HTTPS Proxy network.

For Netflix, our test accounts and 3rd party promo accounts are on the network where Netflix is only accessible on computer browsers due to Netflix limitations. I just tested your Netflix region and it's streaming properly on my computer.

However, our website subscribers are on a separate network where we achieved to implement a more sophisticated unblocking mechanism for Netflix and they have been able to access it on any device. Due to high network expense of this unblocking we are only able to implement this solution to our website subscribers.

We're planning to have an upgrade option for promo code accounts, but unfortunately, we don't have any ETA the moment.

In order to access US Netflix from any device like iOS, Android, Smart TVs, Consoles or Media Players like Apple TV, etc, we can recommend you to create a new account with a different email address and subscribe to normal subscription plan on our website.

tl;dr Lifetime accounts can only access Netflix on PC/MAC.

Well, that's a bummer :(

Hmm. Welp. Not much if a problem for me though, as I usually unblock Netflix rarely and if so on my pc/laptop only casting it to Chromecast - or old school HDMI to TV - which achieves about the same. Once the binge on Netflix starts you don't need the controls/remote anyway so it's on autopilot :pensive:

I, however mostly unblock Anime on CR and Zattoo Switzerland. Netflix Germany id actually not that bad so I only unblock rarely for e.g. Supergirl..

Fwiw unblocking Netflix on other devices than PC browser seems to be at least a but more tricky . Because e.g. Ivacy VPN also can unblock Netflix but afaik only in browser, too. Not with their VPN connections.

Well, I'm happy with what they're currently offering (BBC iPlayer and xfinity), and I already have Windflix so not a big problem for me actually :)

Thanked by 2JerryHou Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:
    Use promo code WEEKEND25 to have it for $36.75 (25% off) :smiley:

Looks good! Thanks for the tip!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Maybe your IP appears to be a VPN IP. Iirc in the ToS they mention you can't use smart DNS on a vpn ip as this would allow to connect way more devices than accounted for. Like on your home network you have all devices you use at home but with VPN IP numerous other people could use your Getflix account to connect their devices resulting in abuse. Not sure if this is the case though so I'd recommend contacting their support :)

That said, the smart VPN doesn't seem to work, but I have to double check since I'm currently on mobile and I have missed something

Ah, nice :P A glitch then maybe. Do you mean their smartdns does not work or dns over vpn (since dns over vpn is still in beta phase iirc). Also make sure in your user panel you have selected the appropriate region for each group of streaming Services and also that your mobile ip is currently the one displayed in your cp. If not you need to update it in your cp from your mobile device in order for it to authenticate :)

Also see:

https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200025659-Why-do-I-need-to-register-my-IP-address-

I'm using their smart VPN feature. For some reason I was redirected to the local (VPN country) netflix but when I use the getflix vpn app, I can successfully connect to Netflix US

Afaik the Getflix App does nothing else but update your IP and assigns their dns. So probably your IP wasn't updated.

There are 2 apps. One is the Getflix app which will update your IP and the second one is the Getflix VPN client app which allows you to select any of their VPN server. You can use the app without updating your IP address and when you connect to their SmartVPN enabled servers, you will get Netflix US wherever you connect (e.g. if you connect to the JP server, netflix, prime, etc. will see you as U.S. while other website will see you as japan). This seems to be great for people like me who doesn't want to play around with the DNS settings of your router/phone.

Edit : you should re-login to netflix for the new region to take effect, and I stll see the proxy message :(

Ahh okay. Never used their VPN (app) really. Why dont you want to just use their DNS? It's faster, too. VPN encryption slows internet speed down a bit. Don't know it this is required with the VPN too, but in your getflix cp have you turned On Netflix in "Regions" setting? :)

You can also try to restart your device, then start the vpn again, and then open Netflix and see if it works :)

Yes, that's correct, for Netflix US access on your Android device, you need to use Smart DNS + Static Routing, but it is not available on Lifetime accounts.

Regarding the Netflix US issue, please be advised that Netflix US is only available for PC/Mac browsers for 3rd party promo or trial accounts. This is due to Netflix network change. So we can only provide US Netflix access to our website 1,3,6,12 and 24-month subscribers. This information is already provided on our website and the promo site you've purchased.

We noticed that you purchased a promo code from a 3rd party website which extends your test account for life to access 300+ channels over SmartDNS, and gives you access to our FullVPN, SmartVPN, TorrentVPN, Socks5, HTTPS Proxy network.

For Netflix, our test accounts and 3rd party promo accounts are on the network where Netflix is only accessible on computer browsers due to Netflix limitations. I just tested your Netflix region and it's streaming properly on my computer.

However, our website subscribers are on a separate network where we achieved to implement a more sophisticated unblocking mechanism for Netflix and they have been able to access it on any device. Due to high network expense of this unblocking we are only able to implement this solution to our website subscribers.

We're planning to have an upgrade option for promo code accounts, but unfortunately, we don't have any ETA the moment.

In order to access US Netflix from any device like iOS, Android, Smart TVs, Consoles or Media Players like Apple TV, etc, we can recommend you to create a new account with a different email address and subscribe to normal subscription plan on our website.

Hmm. Welp. Not much if a problem for me though, as I usually unblock Netflix rarely and if so on my pc/laptop only casting it to Chromecast - or old school HDMI to TV - which achieves about the same. Once the binge on Netflix starts you don't need the controls/remote anyway so it's on autopilot :pensive:

I, however mostly unblock Anime on CR and Zattoo Switzerland. Netflix Germany id actually not that bad so I only unblock rarely for e.g. Supergirl..

Fwiw unblocking Netflix on other devices than PC browser seems to be at least a but more tricky . Because e.g. Ivacy VPN also can unblock Netflix but afaik only in browser, too. Not with their VPN connections.

Well, I'm happy with what they're currently offering (BBC iPlayer and xfinity), and I already have Windflix so not a big problem for me actually :)

On my phone I Windflix all the way :D So smooth^^ Sorry for the troubles you are getting with Getflix. It's just, for my use case I can't complain so far. Also got the lifetime? ;)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Also see:

On my phone I Windflix all the way :D So smooth^^ Sorry for the troubles you are getting with Getflix. It's just, for my use case I can't complain so far. Also got the lifetime? ;)

Yup :) pretty happy with BBC iPlayer support since Windscribe seems to have some problems with it

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

""Is Getflix VPN included in the free trial?
    Getflix VPN is included with all paid accounts. At this time, it's not available as part of the 14 day free trial."

Being VPN not available during the teial, Is it because vpn speed is slow, so so slow?

• sanvitsanvit Member

@yongsiklee said:
    Getflix VPN is included with all paid accounts. At this time, it's not available as part of the 14 day free trial."

Being VPN not available during the teial, Is it because vpn speed is slow, so so slow?

You can download speedtest files here. I could hit around 30Mbit to Japan on my mobile so K won't say it's that slow.
    https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/204476204

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@yongsiklee said:

It's not that slow, however if you want a VPN go with Ivacy or Windscribe. If you want a SmartDNS go with Getflix.

• Any thoughts - thinking of buying one for my Roku.

• @klikli said:
    Any thoughts - thinking of buying one for my Roku.

I am happy with it :)

• I would rather host own proxy or VPN.. :smile:

• OujiOuji Member

Galeej said: I would rather host own proxy or VPN.. :smile:

The problem is that with Netflix, hosting IPs are blocked so you don't have much of a choice unfortunately.