Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3TB+ SSD kvm storage (NAT)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3TB+ SSD kvm storage (NAT)

edfoxedfox Member

I'm looking to replace my main storage server dedi with a smaller vps, since I don't like having a 1240v3 /w 32gb of ram idling for nothing.

So far the cheapest offer i found would be buying 2x 12,99$ Wishosting 1.8TB storage plans, or three 1TB storage slabs from BuyVM (2x 5$) but I have a server in LUX with them and as i understand they aren't available there.

Though both are located in the US, so quite high latency compared to my Hetzner server. Is there a provider that can offer that amount of storage at that same price or slightly less/more, in Europe?

luv

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

U (@ed) heathen!

U renouncing LET_idling_servers_union religion is a crime punishable by a fake furry ban!

Thanked by 1elliotc
  • Just pick up an @UltraVPS Storage special: https://www.ultravps.eu/en/.

You probably missed out on HostHatch (@Abdullah's) offer: though there's still hope as they may post a leftover-offer of sorts but of course that's in the US (mainly) but again they do have something in Europe as well.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • teamaccteamacc Member

None of the plans you listed have ssd storage though (buyvm apparently is pretty snappy though), so did you typo your title or what?

• skorousskorous Member

edfox said: Though both are located in the US

Did we annex Canada when I wasn't looking? They're gonna be pissed when we take away their healthcare.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • edfoxedfox Member

@teamacc said:
    None of the plans you listed have ssd storage though (buyvm apparently is pretty snappy though), so did you typo your title or what?

Yes, it was a typo, sorry :(

• edfoxedfox Member

@skorous said:

Did we annex Canada when I wasn't looking? They're gonna be pissed when we take away their healthcare.

Canada, US, whatever, it's all the same crap to european eyes owo

Thanked by 1skorous
  • 3x$5 BuyVM Slabs..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@chocolateshirt said:
    3x$5 BuyVM Slabs..

A perfect solution, but he really wants EU :)

Francisco

• edfoxedfox Member

@Francisco said:

A perfect solution, but he really wants EU :)

Francisco

Last time i asked about storage slabs in EU you told me "very soon" :(

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

We can do it in Bulgaria. Around 26-28ms to Hetzner NUE, depending on how much BW you'd need.

• edfoxedfox Member
    edited May 2019

@AlexBarakov said:
    We can do it in Bulgaria. Around 26-28ms to Hetzner NUE, depending on how much BW you'd need.

Do what? Can you post an example offer for 3 or 4tb?

• uptimeuptime Member

CrownCloud in Frankfurt https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156395/crowncloud-1000-gb-hdd-kvm-storage-at-frankfurt-los-angeles-7-month-more/p1 (should be able to stack 3 x 1 TB storage kvms for total $21 monthly)

also +1 for ultraVPS.eu - not sure if plans can be combined but they have a 2 TB storage kvm for €10/m

Thanked by 2UltraVPS SpeedBus
  • edfoxedfox Member
    edited May 2019

@uptime said:
    CrownCloud in Frankfurt https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156395/crowncloud-1000-gb-hdd-kvm-storage-at-frankfurt-los-angeles-7-month-more/p1 (should be able to stack 3 x 1 TB storage kvms for total $21 monthly)

also +1 for ultraVPS.eu - not sure if plans can be combined but they have a 2 TB storage kvm for €10/m

Ultrakvm looks very interesting. 4TB for €20 and with also two IPv4 is quite nice!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • williewillie Member

edfox said: 1240v3 /w 32gb of ram idling for nothing.

How about idling an i7-2600 with 16gb?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited May 2019

Join @Neoon discord and try to snap one of these SYS ARMs in France.
    Don't worry about the idling ARM (seriously) and the 2GB or RAM

• ArmSYS for ubuntu
    Kimsufi for centos.
    Both in France.

• Alphavps /AlexBarakov has 1TB/ 2TB storage KVMs for 5/ 10 euro/m

The 2TB ones were in stock when I checked last week

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

+1 for UltraVPS

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

One or two of OVH's ARM/Atom servers would be perfect:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=00D-A69-65C :)

• ServerHunter said: One or two of OVH's ARM/Atom servers would be perfect

I would definitely go with the @UltraVPS storage KVMs. They're rock solid, have a significantly better CPU, RAID (and ZFS) protected disks, Gigabit network (though bandwidth quota isn't as good as it should be IMHO - It would be great if they had at least 10TB on the 2TB storage).

Definitely a really recommended provider that one can't go wrong with.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • edfoxedfox Member

@vovler said:
    Join @Neoon discord and try to snap one of these SYS ARMs in France.

No RAID. If the HDD breaks, then everything is ripperoni.

@vimalware said:
    Alphavps /AlexBarakov has 1TB/ 2TB storage KVMs for 5/ 10 euro/m

The 2TB ones were in stock when I checked last week

I'm undecided between Alphavps and UltraVPS.

• uptimeuptime Member

Only one way to find out for sure.

Try them both. :)

oh - and ... the Wishosting NAT KVM storage is good stuff too.

• edfoxedfox Member

@uptime said:
    Only one way to find out for sure.

Try them both. :)

Only in CA though. I used to have their KVM SSD special that was really solid but I lost it.

• uptimeuptime Member

I've got a KVM NAT storage from wishosting in Germany ... (got a bump to 1.8 TB - sometimes @exception0x876 does a deal on these)

https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=42

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 2019

If you're just trying to downsize dedi costs to storage-only and not change the network, this NAT KVM seems great. (more so, if you can get lucky with a 'deal')

UltraVPS storage Specials only make sense if you've got the budget for an annual commitment. Excellent product quality though!

Thanked by 2uptime UltraVPS
  • If a Time4VPS Storage 4TB with the 1G add-on and the old, cheaper pricing scheme might interest you (200.88EUR ex. VAT per year), I offer it here.

• uptimeuptime Member

@vimalware

UltraVPS storage Specials only make sense if you've got the budget for an annual commitment. Excellent product quality though!

The 2 TB "Storage Special-2" seems to be a six-month commitment - I'm guessing it might involve paying €60 all at once up front? Perhaps @UltraVPS can clarify.

• edfoxedfox Member

@uptime said:
    @vimalware

The 2 TB "Storage Special-2" seems to be a six-month commitment - I'm guessing it might involve paying €60 all at once up front? Perhaps @UltraVPS can clarify.

Yeah, looks like it. It's actually 10.50€/month I think

• uptimeuptime Member

10.50€/month

?? I'm guessing you pay different VAT

• edfoxedfox Member

@uptime said:

10.50€/month

?? I'm guessing you pay different VAT

Ordered one in NL for 10.25€/month for testing! :)
    If this is good enough I'm gonna order a second one later.

Thanked by 2uptime UltraVPS