Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Webtropia - install own windows via qemu-kvm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Webtropia - install own windows via qemu-kvm

fatgitfatgit Member

I'm pretty new to all this, but I do currently have a Hetzner Dedicated that I installed Windows 10 pro on via the Joodle image (I have my own license but have tested using 2008, server 2012 and 2019).

I purchased a server from Webtropia (Ryzen 1700x) (now refunded it due to the details below, but still want to order), but cannot get the Joodle method or https://www.danpros.com/2017/09/install-windows-on-any-server-using-rescue-system-and-qemu-kvm working.

With the Joodle image, everything installs, I reboot but cannot access the machine, no ping reply etc, so have to re-enter rescue and reinstall - rinse and repeat.

Using the Danpros method, windows installs and I can boot it after a reboot, but only after going into rescue,downloading and mounting the windows image file, and then using qemu-kvm and then it boots and is usable - so Im assuming it's something related to mbr etc (Im probably wrong as I'm still learning).

Does anyone have any tips that might help? I've been googling for the last 2 weeks, but without a bit more knowledge, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for (Searched here too, and while I've found similar threads, I can't see anything the same) and I'd really like to order the server :)

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments