Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ICANN shuts down Alpnames domain name registrar
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ICANN shuts down Alpnames domain name registrar

ICANN just shut down Alpnames.com domain registrar.

https://domainnamewire.com/2019/03/14/icann-shuts-down-alpnames-domain-name-registrar/

Their site is not even reaching (via CF). Seems site got shut down too!

As per TLD stats they were among top 10 registrars for certain TLDs!

I'm having one .net with them! Hope it gets transferred to new registrar.

Thanked by 1Adam1

Comments

• Wow... I have a few .es domains with them. Wonder what will happen...

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2019

Did they run out of money? That link didn't tell the reason why it got shut down.

• Access your domain management from :
    apal516804.myorderbox.com

I got that link from https://www.namepros.com/threads/alpnames-com-warning-will-delete-your-domains-hike-prices-without-notice.1126471/ and I can login with my alpnames account

I still have 1 domain there and I will transfer to namesilo...

• Hope we can transfer out from Alpnames?

• @Sofia_K said:
    Hope we can transfer out from Alpnames?

I can get secret key and unlock theft protection to transfer my domain, also I already got domain transfer confirmation .. now all I need is to wait 5 days..

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2019

hardgamers said: Access your domain management from :
    apal516804.myorderbox.com

Thank you for this!! Works great :smile: . I saw another Logicboxes link but it didn't work properly for me.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2019

Chuck said: Did they run out of money? That link didn't tell the reason why it got shut down.

I suspect they could have. Used them as a reseller and often you couldn't register domains due to their ICANN balance.

Their reseller API is still active, as are their nameservers... probably because it's run via logicboxes.

• i have 3 .gdn and two .icu for junk useless so doesnt matters to me but sorry for your losses

now i use namesilo for all my domains as they sell the cheapest .com/.net with the cheapest renewals and they are trustworthy so i would advise you to move on

• RazzaRazza Member

@ricardo said:

I suspect they could have. Used them as a reseller and often you couldn't register domains due to their ICANN balance.

Sounds like a major cash flow issues there.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Usually if the Registar goes deadpool, the Registry will take over the handling of the Domain and ask you if you want to transfer it to another Registar or keep it there.

While keeping it, maybe more expensive.

• Is alpnames a customer of logicboxes? What is the connection?

• uxtvdluxtvdl Member
    edited March 2019

• ehabehab Member

@uxtvdl not funny , please remove the second pic. flagged

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

I had a situation with them when they blocked the reseller through which I registered domains. I received a clienthold on my domains and I had to transfer the domains on OVH because they did not want to unlock, referring on Friday morning that they did not have a working day.

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

Ouch. I had a domain there too.

edited March 2019

@bountysite said:
    Is alpnames a customer of logicboxes? What is the connection?

Yes. LogicBoxes actually run all the infra (control panel, billing system, DNS servers, etc), and Alpnames are a reseller.

It's actually somewhat benificial in scenarios like this one - even if Alpnames totally collapses, LogicBoxes is still likely to be able to help resolve issues, since they’re the ones that actually run all the infra. If Alpnames owned the platform and it all collapsed at once, it'd be more difficult to recover (since you couldn't simply log in and transfer domains out)

• Well.

After they blocked my account because I used a pre-paid visa card, I dumped them.
    (about 3-4 months ago)

2 days later, there was no COM registration available on their website for 1 week or so.

For me, that was already the sign that the ship was sinking.....

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited March 2019

After getting logged in with the link above to get auth code. Suddenly now.

"We could not find any orders". Domain is now gone....

• @HuntersPad said:
    After getting logged in with the link above to get auth code. Suddenly now.

"We could not find any orders". Domain is now gone....

After login, try to visit :

https://apal516804.myorderbox.com/servlet/ListAllOrdersServlet

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

alpnames for me was always shady, offering good deals out of nowhere. Since they first 'poped' in the market with their crazy deals[even free ones], knew something would be going bad with them after a while.

Totally worth it not buying a single domain from there. #namecheap<3

Thanked by 2Amitz netomx
  • @Daniel15 said:

Yes. LogicBoxes actually run all the infra (control panel, billing system, DNS servers, etc), and Alpnames are a reseller.

It's actually somewhat benificial in scenarios like this one - even if Alpnames totally collapses, LogicBoxes is still likely to be able to help resolve issues, since they’re the ones that actually run all the infra. If Alpnames owned the platform and it all collapsed at once, it'd be more difficult to recover (since you couldn't simply log in and transfer domains out)

I have few hundred dollars credit in the system, wondering is it possible to transfer them to ResellerClub since they belong to LogicBoxes too?

• eDigital said: I have few hundred dollars credit in the system, wondering is it possible to transfer them to ResellerClub since they belong to LogicBoxes too?

Not sure. The credit may belong to Alpnames rather than LogicBoxes and thus LogicBoxes can't touch it (it's possible the credit doesn't even technically exist, if Alpnames took all the money and ran). Probably worth asking LogicBoxes' support about it.

Thanked by 1eDigital
  • @Daniel15 said:
    Not sure. The credit may belong to Alpnames rather than LogicBoxes and thus LogicBoxes can't touch it (it's possible the credit doesn't even technically exist, if Alpnames took all the money and ran). Probably worth asking LogicBoxes' support about it.

Just chatted with LogicBoxes support livechat who had no idea about that. I guess if renewals still function then I'll use it up for renewal into multiple years then transfer my domains out or something...

• YuraYura Member

Everybody should transfer to Godaddy or 1and1. Scambags like that never run out of business.

• "We could not find any orders"

When I clearly had 1 domain there..

edited March 2019

eDigital said: I guess if renewals still function then I'll use it up for renewal into multiple years then transfer my domains out or something.

That's probably best. However, if Alpnames run out of money on their reseller account, renewals won't work :confused:

Yura said: Everybody should transfer to Godaddy or 1and1.

You may have been joking, but others might not realise... 1&1 are by far the worst company I've used in 17+ years of owning domain names. Please don't do that. There's a reason they have so many bad reviews (eg. https://tld-list.com/registrars/1and1)

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@Daniel15 said:

eDigital said: I guess if renewals still function then I'll use it up for renewal into multiple years then transfer my domains out or something.

That's probably best. However, if Alpnames run out of money on their reseller account, renewals won't work :confused:

Yura said: Everybody should transfer to Godaddy or 1and1.

You may have been joking, but others might not realise... 1&1 are by far the worst company I've used in 17+ years of owning domain names. Please don't do that. There's a reason they have so many bad reviews (eg. https://tld-list.com/registrars/1and1)

They still in business, meaning new victims everyday.

edited March 2019

Looks like stuff is moving to ResellerClub. I received this via email:

Dear Registrant,
    It is our understanding that you are a customer of Alpnames and manage domain names, related services through them as a service provider. Some of these domain names are provisioned through P.D.R Solutions (U.S.) LLC as the sponsoring registrar. You can identify the sponsoring registrar entity in the WHOIS record which may be retrieved here.
    In light of Alpnames not providing registrants with necessary services for domain name functioning, we are making arrangements to facilitate continued services ONLY for domains and associated services registered through P.D.R Solutions (U.S) LLC. We will be provisioning new customer accounts for you and arrange for these services to be moved under the accounts as soon as can be done.
    Only for domains that are registered with Public Domain Registry as the Registrar:
    ● Once your domain name is moved under the new account, you will be able to renew and manage your domain names and attached services through: http://cp.resellerclub.com/customer
    ● For help documents related to renewing and managing your orders, you can refer: https://cp.resellerclub.com/kb/
    ● You will be provided support for these domain names and services by creating a ticket through https://support.resellerclub.com/helpdesk/
    For domains that are registered with Alpnames as the Registrar:
    ● You can choose to transfer the domain name to a Registrar of your choice
    ● Alternatively if your domain and other associated services are active, you can wait for ICANN action to appoint a registrar
    We will be sending another email once the move is complete so you can log in to manage your orders.
    Regards,
    PDR Compliance

• @Daniel15 said:
    Looks like stuff is moving to ResellerClub. I received this via email:

Dear Registrant,
    It is our understanding that you are a customer of Alpnames and manage domain names, related services through them as a service provider. Some of these domain names are provisioned through P.D.R Solutions (U.S.) LLC as the sponsoring registrar. You can identify the sponsoring registrar entity in the WHOIS record which may be retrieved here.
    In light of Alpnames not providing registrants with necessary services for domain name functioning, we are making arrangements to facilitate continued services ONLY for domains and associated services registered through P.D.R Solutions (U.S) LLC. We will be provisioning new customer accounts for you and arrange for these services to be moved under the accounts as soon as can be done.
    Only for domains that are registered with Public Domain Registry as the Registrar:
    ● Once your domain name is moved under the new account, you will be able to renew and manage your domain names and attached services through: http://cp.resellerclub.com/customer
    ● For help documents related to renewing and managing your orders, you can refer: https://cp.resellerclub.com/kb/
    ● You will be provided support for these domain names and services by creating a ticket through https://support.resellerclub.com/helpdesk/
    For domains that are registered with Alpnames as the Registrar:
    ● You can choose to transfer the domain name to a Registrar of your choice
    ● Alternatively if your domain and other associated services are active, you can wait for ICANN action to appoint a registrar
    We will be sending another email once the move is complete so you can log in to manage your orders.
    Regards,
    PDR Compliance

Well not really moving to ResellerClub.

PDR is ResellerClub - Alpnames was just a reseller of theirs.

It will be interesting to see where the actual Alpnames domains go to though, I mean the ones registered directly by Alpnames.

• what can we do for domain that missing from "List of Orders" page?