Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ICANN shuts down Alpnames domain name registrar - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ICANN shuts down Alpnames domain name registrar

2»

Comments

• @netrix said:
    what can we do for domain that missing from "List of Orders" page?

Check whois , if registrar is public domain registry try to contact reseller club like in post above...

If registrar is alpnames, wait until ICANN move domain to another registrar and follow this thread https://www.namepros.com/threads/alpnames-com-warning-will-delete-your-domains-hike-prices-without-notice.1126471/ maybe some people there found a way to solve that

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2019

Yeah WHOIS is the answer.

From what I see, .com .net etc is via PDR. I think the nTLDs/Famous Four TLDs are more likely to be registered via alpnames. Seems there was a bit drama with Famous Four towards the end of last year.

Famous Four TLDs; .loan, .win, .men, .bid, .stream, .review, .trade, .date, .party, .download, .science, .racing, .accountant, .faith, .webcam and .cricket.

• @ricardo said:
    Yeah WHOIS is the answer.

From what I see, .com .net etc is via PDR. I think the nTLDs/Famous Four TLDs are more likely to be registered via alpnames. Seems there was a bit drama with Famous Four towards the end of last year.

Famous Four TLDs; .loan, .win, .men, .bid, .stream, .review, .trade, .date, .party, .download, .science, .racing, .accountant, .faith, .webcam and .cricket.

mine is .com but registered via alpnames

• netrix said: mine is .com but registered via alpnames

Out of curiosity when did you register it?

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited March 2019

@ricardo said:

netrix said: mine is .com but registered via alpnames

Out of curiosity when did you register it?

i transferred 2 domains on 17/06/2017. the one get registered under PDR, and the other one with alpnames.

even, I got same email for these transfer

AlpNames Limited [Under Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com] has received a request from MY NAME on Saturday, Jun 17, 2017 for PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com to become the new registrar of record, for MYDOMAIN.COM.

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • So, today Moniker sent me a notification that my domains registered on Alpnames were transferred to them.

• I have couple of 10 years domains, like .win .men etc extensions, what can I do atm?
    Thanks folks!

• abytecuriousabytecurious Member
    edited April 2019

A lot of the domains have moved over to moniker.com (I have some crap domains and one .com domain). The crap ones have gone to moniker.com (look for an email from [email protected]) and the .com to resellerclub.

I don't know if moniker will honor the 10 year deal (they have no incentive to do so). Only after you login you will know. I haven't checked, the domains still work though.

• @vishalpatelz said:
    I have couple of 10 years domains, like .win .men etc extensions, what can I do atm?
    Thanks folks!

it will still be valid for 10 years, you are just changing registrar.

• titustitus Member

My two .party domain has been transfered automatically to Moniker, and I'm able to access them without problems. They was registered directly with Alpnames (not with PDR).

• @eDigital said:

@vishalpatelz said:
    I have couple of 10 years domains, like .win .men etc extensions, what can I do atm?
    Thanks folks!

it will still be valid for 10 years, you are just changing registrar.

Yes, thanks

• I got pretty all my domains moved to Moniker/Keys-System (as well as ResellerClub) but Moniker spread my domains into at least 5 different accounts instead of consolidating them all into ONE account. /facepalm

• hardgamershardgamers Member
    edited April 2019

@eDigital said:
    I got pretty all my domains moved to Moniker/Keys-System (as well as ResellerClub) but Moniker spread my domains into at least 5 different accounts instead of consolidating them all into ONE account. /facepalm

They work per TLD not per account/email because they need to contact and negotiate with each TLD registry separately. If you have multiple TLD under different registry then you will get multiple accounts.

You can try to push all TLD to same account or try to contact moniker support dedicated for alpnames transfer at [email protected]

• eDigitaleDigital Member
    edited April 2019

@hardgamers said:
    They work per TLD not per account/email because they need to contact and negotiate with each TLD registry separately. If you have multiple TLD under different registry then you will get multiple accounts.

not quite, I got .net and .org TLDs that are moved to different accounts.

@hardgamers said:
    You can try to push all TLD to same account or try to contact moniker support dedicated for alpnames transfer at [email protected]

will see how... am gonna transfer them out before their due dates anyway.