Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί OVH Public Cloud, Now also in Singapore πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ and Australia πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί! Save 50% on monthly usage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Public Cloud, Now also in Singapore πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬ and Australia πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί! Save 50% on monthly usage

OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2019 in Offers

OVH Public Cloud, Now also available in Singapore and Australia!

We are thrilled to announce the expansion of the OVH Public Cloud solution to our Sydney and Singapore datacenters.

Want to save on your infrastructure costs? Discover a Cloud alternative powered by OpenStack and available worldwide:

• Affordable Sandboxes from US$ 3.50
  • Powerful Instances with guaranteed resources (RAM, CPU, Bandwidth..) Linux & Windows available.
  • Cloud storage (object storage, cloud archive..)
  • 8 Cloud regions - including Australia and Singapore - spanning 4 continents.
  • Highly scalable and flexible virtual servers to fit all sort of projects and any budget.
  • Simple and predictable billing

Public Cloud SANDBOXES: (from US$ 3.50 /month)

Linux only, shared resources, adapted to testing and development environments.

Example: S1-2 hosted in Sydney or Singapore:

• 2GB RAM
  • 1vCore
  • Local 10GB SSD (you can purchase additional volumes)
  • Outgoing public traffic: 1024 GB/month offered (per Cloud Project) then US$ 0.08/GB
  • Incoming public traffic: Unmetered
  • Private network: unmetered
  • 100Mbps public bandwidth.
  • US$ 0.009 /hour or SAVE 50% on monthly usage: US$ 3.50 /month
    https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/instances/prices

Public Cloud Instances

Dedicated Resources with Linux & Windows available

• General Purpose Instances: Multi-purpose servers offering a balance of CPU/RAM for your web or business applications.
  • CPU Instance: Ideal for applications that require high-frequency computing, or for processing parallel workloads.
  • RAM Instance: They are designed for data analytics and data science usage with optimized CPU/RAM ratios, and accelerated IOPS.

Example: General purpose B2-7 hosted in Sydney or Singapore:

• 7GB RAM
  • 2vCore 2.3GHz
  • Local 50GB SSD (you can purchase additional volumes)
  • Outgoing public traffic: 1024 GB/month offered (per Cloud Project) then US$ 0.08/GB
  • Incoming public traffic: Unmetered
  • Private network (vRack): unmetered, 300Mbps.
  • 250Mbps Guaranteed Public bandwidth.
  • Price for Linux: US$ 0.074 /hour or SAVE 50% on monthly usage: US$ 26.40 /month
  • Price for Windows: US$ 0.174 /hour or SAVE 50% on monthly usage: US$ 62.40 /month (price is inclusive of the windows licence)
    https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/instances/prices

OVH Public Cloud Features:

• Pay-as-you-Go: Hourly and monthly billing options, to suit your requirements. Monthly usage is 50% cheaper than paying by the hour.
  • Additional Disk: With Additional Disks, you can add more disk space to your instances. By attaching disks to your instances and moving them between instances in the same datacentre, you can tailor your storage to your needs.
  • Additional IPs: Up to 256 IPs per General Purpose instance, RAM and CPU; 16 on Sandbox instances. (one off set up fee per IP, then no recurring monthly fees!)
  • Flexibility: Adapt your instances to your needs by upgrading or downgrading them at any time. Add disks and IPs and move them between instances
  • Dedicated Resources: With OVH you get Guaranteed resources unlike other providers.In under a minute, you get CPU, RAM and storage with no resource over-allocation
  • Traffic included: In Sydney and Singapore, OVH offers 1024GB (1TB) of monthly traffic per Public Cloud project and per datacenter (then US$ 0.08/GB). Only the outgoing public traffic is metered. The traffic remains unlimited in our European and North American datacenters.

How to activate additional Public Cloud regions?

You may not see all the 8 available regions while creating an instance or cloud storage. Simply add a new region from the menu: "Technical management" -> "The regions" (within a new or existing Public Cloud Project). It may take few minutes to reflect on your account.

Test the OVH network performance

SYDNEY Datacenter:

SINGAPORE Datacenter:

Want to see improvements on the OVH network? Send us your traceroute request at http://traceroute.apac-tools.ovh

About OVH

OVH is a global Cloud provider, offering innovative products and services with a focus on private, public and hybrid cloud, and bare metal (dedicated servers).
Founded in 1999, the OVH group manages and maintains 28 datacentres across 4 continents, deploys its own global fiber optic network, and has a full control over the supply chain (from server manufacturing and in-house maintenance of its infrastructure, right down to customer support). OVH offers businesses a benchmark for value and performance in the sector.

Thanked by 1dosai
Β«134

Comments

• Some of OVH public cloud are above LET price range..

• that your normal price :neutral:

• We want discount on your discounted monthly price!

• I signup for OVH Cloud last month and they said I need to deposit $40 before I can use it.

Thanked by 2eol MrH
  • E x p e n s i v e ...

• Probably okay for AU

• alilet said: I need to deposit $40 before I can use it.

Show us that email, and let us be the on your side.

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

All fixed now (-: was just a short interruption.

• Looks like someone broke the site

https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/ is a white page.

• Works here.

• Happening here, Same with two different Window servers.

All 3 endpoints yield a blank white page.

• @Foul said:

Happening here, Same with two different Window servers.

All 3 endpoints yield a blank white page.

Fine here.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Save 50% on monthly usage

Thanked by 2ehab eol
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

OVH_APAC said: Traffic included: In Sydney and Singapore, OVH offers 1024GB (1TB) of monthly traffic per Public Cloud project and per datacenter (then US$ 0.08/GB). Only the outgoing public traffic is metered.

OVH_APAC said: Outgoing public traffic: 1024 GB/month offered (per Cloud Project) then $0.11/GB

Raising prices already?...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Oh look once again the big guys think the rules do not apply to them.

@rm_ said:

OVH_APAC said: Traffic included: In Sydney and Singapore, OVH offers 1024GB (1TB) of monthly traffic per Public Cloud project and per datacenter (then US$ 0.08/GB). Only the outgoing public traffic is metered.

OVH_APAC said: Outgoing public traffic: 1024 GB/month offered (per Cloud Project) then $0.11/GB

Well spotted @rm_ , thanks for noticing.
    $0.11/GB is for SGD or AUD, in USD I confirm this is US$ 0.08/GB once the 1TB quota has been reached per datacenter and cloud project. (this applies only for Singapore and Australia datacenters)

Thanked by 1rm_
  • XeiXei Member
    edited February 2019

@OVH_APAC 100Mbps public bandwidth in 2019? No thanks. Not to mention OVH VPS offerings have horrible performance compared to pretty much everyone else. It's bad enough that it feels like a scam.
    Reference:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/94181/ovh-vps-cloud-disk-i-o-performance/

@Foul said:
    Looks like someone broke the site

https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/ is a white page.

Could you advise from which country you have a blank page when clicking on https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/ ? feel free to send me details in PM. thank you

• That 1TB data transfer allocation across ALL plans is really a bummer...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Created one sandbox instance to try anyway.. but seems I can't edit rDNS:

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited February 2019

Nice. Setting up now. GPU instances when? Also do you have NGC available on Singapore?

• OVH_APAC said: Could you advise from which country you have a blank page when clicking on https://www.ovh.com/public-cloud/ ? feel free to send me details in PM. thank you

USA -- Ovh.ie/public-cloud/ works just fine, and all other ovh domains. Just not .com

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited February 2019

The bandwidth pricing scheme seems to encourage settting up a number of sandbox instances, that reverse proxy to bigger public cloud instances /ovh dedis over the private network (assumed unmetered)

$80/TB vs $3.5 is a no-brainer

• NanoG6 said: Created one sandbox instance to try anyway.. but seems I can't edit rDNS:

deleted it because of the same reason ... got anything on it @OVH_APAC

• Hmm, not for me. The relatively high RAM is the only good thing about that, you can get a better deal for AU from elsewhere. (Binary lane, hostdoc, flowvps, to name a few)

Personally, hourly cloud feels so temporary, it's hard to imagine putting something production on it. I know that it's not how it works, but still.. Hourly prices..

Finally, this is LET. Where's the deep discount? Most of us idle anyway :)

Stick to dedicated servers OVH

Thanked by 1eol
  • sudorangersudoranger Member
    edited February 2019

@dahartigan

I believe hostdoc is OVH reseller. They don't own a datacenter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi @OVH_APAC

1. Can I deploy live production websites on Public Cloud SANDBOXES? Do you have Ubuntu 18.04.2 template?

2. It looks like both Public Cloud support IPv6, how many given by default?

3. I need to run sendmail out-of-the-box. Do you block port 25 with no way to lift it up like DO and Vultr (for example)?

4. Can you tell me more on the rDNS configuration?

5. How long can i burst the usage for 250 Mbps public guaranteed on the Public Cloud SANDBOXES? 1 minute only? Than how much will it be throttled?

6. I see snapshots but do you have auto-retention backups? How much?

7. Is the additional IP only for fail-over? Can I request an IP per website per instance (up to 5-10) with justification?

8. Can you explain more details on the accelerated IOPS as in figurative? 3,000 IOPS per 20GB for $1.80/months, I have to say that's quite a bargain. May I know if it's automatically deployed under /mnt or do I need to configure some fstab. Is it just for OpenStack storage can I use it for my webserver document root (public_html)?

9. Do you have free DNS management?

10. Why is this offer on the General category?

// thanks

• @sudoranger said:
    Do you block port 25 with no way to lift it up like DO and Vultr (for example)?

iirc DO does block port 25 out of the box, but you can ticket in and give some justification and possibly some identification to have it lifted. Can you confirm @jar?

• @sudoranger said:
    @dahartigan

I believe hostdoc is OVH reseller. They don't own a datacenter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah they resell OVH. The other providers I mentioned also don't own a datacenter, correct me if I'm wrong though.

• @OVH_APAC said:

@rm_ said:

Well spotted @rm_ , thanks for noticing.
    $0.11/GB is for SGD or AUD, in USD I confirm this is US$ 0.08/GB once the 1TB quota has been reached per datacenter and cloud project. (this applies only for Singapore and Australia datacenters)

Why is an extra TB of transfer more expensive than spinning up 20(!) new instances which all come with 1TB free transfer?

Thanked by 2dahartigan Daniel15