Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET I'm in Trouble : Please Help !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET I'm in Trouble : Please Help !

I had created a "Scaleway Bucket" Storage Plan When it was in Trial and..
I forgot to remove it.

They Just sent a Bill of Euro 570. ( Draft Bill ).

Please tell me how can I proceed. I was Stupid not to delete it.

Comments

• I have Opened a Ticket with Them, Requesting to Remove the Invoice as I have Not used it.
    I know its my Fault.

• If you can afford to pay it, and if you can't afford to pay then don't and hope their debt collection doesn't come after you. What country do you live in?

It's best to be open with them in ticket and tell them if you can't afford to pay, maybe offer to pay for what you actually used?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2019

May work but then may not.

Just because you don't use home phone line much, it doesn't mean you don't need to pay for it after all.

Sadly, you are at their mercy. I don't think LET dark magic can help in this specific case.

Just be really nice to them and hope for the best. Don't act PMS.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited January 2019

@Creativity said:
    If you can afford to pay it, and if you can't afford to pay then don't and hope their debt collection doesn't come after you. What country do you live in?

It's best to be open with them in ticket and tell them if you can't afford to pay, maybe offer to pay for what you actually used?

Im from India. Actually it was Trial. and They Just sent a Bill Without Notifying me that Trial has Ended.

I didnt use it al all. Not a Byte Transferred/Stored. Just created and left as it was trial.. then forgot it all together.

Obviously its my fault.

Trial almost always seamlessly translate to a full account.

It's almost always the user's responsibility to cancel before trial ends. In a sense, this is a trap and you fell for it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MridulMridul Member
    edited January 2019

Also, Im unable to Understand the Pricing. Can Any once explain how did I use Euro 570 ?
    I thought it was a 5 Euro Service , How come I used Euro 570 ?

• @Mridul said:

@Creativity said:
    If you can afford to pay it, and if you can't afford to pay then don't and hope their debt collection doesn't come after you. What country do you live in?

Im from India. Actually it was Trial. and They Just sent a Bill Without Notifying me that Trial has Ended.

I didnt use it al all. Not a Byte Transferred/Stored. Just created and left as it was trial.. then forgot it all together.

Obviously its my fault.

Can you afford to pay it though?

• @Creativity said:

@Mridul said:

@Creativity said:

Obviously its my fault.

Can you afford to pay it though?

No. As of now.

• @Mridul said:
    Also, Im unable to Understand the Pricing. Can Any once explain how did I use Euro 570 ?
    I thought it was a 5 Euro Service , How come I used Euro 570 ?

The ones that can answer that are a ticket away. Not a post away.

Thanked by 1deank
  • LampardLampard Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2019

Damn, but i don't think you need to worry if you have created ticket already.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2019

R.I.P this is literally my nightmare when playing with OVH cloud GPU instances in hourly billing.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

You were charged 570 EUR for a single volume for 4.75 days? Something is off here. I think their billing system is borked. Not gonna get it resolved without opening a ticket, though.

• You're Indian So they won't come after you but If it happens be sure to pay them 570+extra shit

Nah, we can do it.

Thanked by 1uxtvdl
  • @MasonR said:
    You were charged 570 EUR for a single volume for 4.75 days? Something is off here. I think their billing system is borked. Not gonna get it resolved without opening a ticket, though.

You can see the Screenshot, Thats all the Info I have. Im myself unable to understand this. I thought it was still in Beta ( it still says its in beta ) and costs 5 Euro for 500 Gb per Month.

Now Im unable to understand this 570 Figure.

• uxtvdl said: You're Indian So they won't come after you but If it happens be sure to pay them 570+extra shit

You sure? They just sell his dept to some Indian debt collectors for 100 EUR. And Indian debt collectors will harvest his organs for bought sum...

• PolarNodePolarNode Member
    edited January 2019

You are from India, I incredibly doubt a French company is going to send debt collectors after you in India. I wouldn't be worrying bud, just explain the situation to them and hopefully they see it from your side - if not, then oh well.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

R.I.P The "CLOUD" snaked its next target.
    Beware of the Cloud, you all have been warned.
    Amen.

Thanked by 3uptime eol Janevski
  • inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2019

Sorry but I just got here for OP logo << it's attractive .
    +for your problem if you haven't use your credit card with them just delete/forgot your account

Thanked by 1Mridul

He will be put on fraudrecord though.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited January 2019

@Mridul said:

@MasonR said:

You can see the Screenshot, Thats all the Info I have. Im myself unable to understand this. I thought it was still in Beta ( it still says its in beta ) and costs 5 Euro for 500 Gb per Month.

Now Im unable to understand this 570 Figure.

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about. According to this page, the 'bucket' object storage is still in free beta phase. They probably just had a bug in their billing system sending out invoices (Vultr had a similar issue back during their hourly bare-metal launch).

Delete the volume if it's worrying you, but I think it's safe to just ignore the invoice. It is a "draft" anyway, after all.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@deank said:
    He will be put on fraudrecord though.

I do not think, that Scaleway even use fraudrecord.
    Its a WHCMS insider thing.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Wait for their response.

I got billed for $2700+ USD once by AWS because someone got into my account and spawned 200 instances for cryptomining (and I caught that in like 6 hours, so very quickly).

They forfeit all charges.

Thanked by 2Mridul netomx
  • @FHR said:
    Wait for their response.

I got billed for $2700+ USD once by AWS because someone got into my account and spawned 200 instances for cryptomining (and I caught that in like 6 hours, so very quickly).

They forfeit all charges.

Im waiting fr them. But, Can the members please confirm that, The Maximum this Service SHOULD cost is 5 Euro ? I mean this is what I understood.

Please Correct me.

• In my case, I'm having 3 buckets, storing a total of 1.6 megabyte, and they wanna charge me 570 euro excluding VAT as well. It's ok I am rich.

Sleep through it. You are about to have PMS. Like @MR said, it may be nothing.

• akbakb Member

Its a DRAFT. May be wait for the final invoice. Some adjustments might get applied by then.

• @Zerpy said:
    In my case, I'm having 3 buckets, storing a total of 1.6 megabyte, and they wanna charge me 570 euro excluding VAT as well. It's ok I am rich.

You also got this Bill ?

• maybe they defaulted the invoice currency to €€, where the amount is in INR?