Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET I'm in Trouble : Please Help ! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET I'm in Trouble : Please Help !

13»

Comments

• Can a mod change the title of this thread? It is creating unnecessary confusion (op confirmed that the issue has been resolved)

• @Mridul said:
    Guys,

this has been resolved already and they have even sent a separate email with details for the wrong bill.

Sorry I missed it if you posted it already. I am glad it was just a misunderstanding and you did not get a big bill.

• I guess it had been resolved?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Resolved and buried as shameful PMS.

Thanked by 1eol
  • FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Daniel15 said: Depends on if the service is prepaid or postpaid. If it's prepaid (as a lot of services are) then they'll generally just cancel your account. Even if it's postpaid, most companies will drop the bill if you tell them you were using a free trial and didn't realise the trial had expired (of course, you'd be best to talk to them in this case).

You will get burned hard by this one day. "Prepaid" service doesn't mean that a legal binding contract doesn't exist between you and the company. There are cancellation periods and stuff.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@deank said:
    Trial almost always seamlessly translate to a full account.

It's almost always the user's responsibility to cancel before trial ends. In a sense, this is a trap and you fell for it.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in the Netherlands, this is certainly no longer allowed (since the Wet van Dam). For exactly that reason - it's an intentional trap.

Marriage is also a trap.

Cellphone contact is also a trap.

LET is also a trap.

Life is also a trap.

God damn it. The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2eol Janevski
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited January 2019

@deank said:
    Marriage is also a trap.

Cellphone contact is also a trap.

LET is also a trap.

Life is also a trap.

God damn it. The end is nigh.

VPS is a trap. You don't get to own an actual server.

An apartment is a trap. You don't get to own a building or land.

Health insurance is a trap. They won't help if you get ill.

Retirement funds are a trap. They start paying off after the life expectancy has been reached.

Human society is a trap. We are being treated as cattle.

Thanked by 1eol

Lord WSS, save us all.

• eoleol Member

Maybe later.

• Thanked by 1eol
  • @FHR said:

Daniel15 said: Depends on if the service is prepaid or postpaid. If it's prepaid (as a lot of services are) then they'll generally just cancel your account. Even if it's postpaid, most companies will drop the bill if you tell them you were using a free trial and didn't realise the trial had expired (of course, you'd be best to talk to them in this case).

You will get burned hard by this one day. "Prepaid" service doesn't mean that a legal binding contract doesn't exist between you and the company. There are cancellation periods and stuff.

Prepaid Hosting Services is actually a thing here in Germany and once your service is up for renewal you either pay the invoice or it expires itself. There is no late fee or invoice you'd absolutely need to pay. It expires automatically unless renewed. That's why it is so popular here.