Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosts refusing service
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosts refusing service

DavernoDaverno Member
edited October 2018 in General

What's you're opinion about hosts refusing service for unpaid invoices in the past? I'm talking about prepaid services no contracts. Isn't this a Cock move or they just actually ban you beacuse you're nationality?

Comments

• A host is free to refuse service to anyone they wish for any reason they wish unless it is against the law for them in the country they operate from. There are many many other hosting providers you can use instead

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@lukehebb said:
    A host is free to refuse service to anyone they wish for any reason they wish unless it is against the law for them in the country they operate from. There are many many other hosting providers you can use instead

I know but still I wasnt a bad customer to them, but it just happens for me to test services from various providers and I forget to cancel the services :(. Well they had a really cool name even in the asn beside premium network and service so well regrets xD

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@Daverno said:
    What's you're opinion about hosts refusing service for unpaid invoices in the past? I'm talking about prepaid services no contracts. Isn't this a Cock move or they just actually ban you beacuse you're nationality?

You probably did not read their cancellation policy, i've had such issue once long ago but to settle it i agreed to pay for service even though i was not using it as i had to honour the TOS and Cancellation policy which i agreed at the time of sign up

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

You probably did not read their cancellation policy, i've had such issue once long ago but to settle it i agreed to pay for service even though i was not using it as i had to honour the TOS and Cancellation policy which i agreed at the time of sign up

I had a look at their tos and cancelation service they don't stipulate any deny or service or fees in case of incorect cancelation they just state how you cancel services with them. And aren't services automatically suspended terminated ? In this day and age? Can hosts suffer any economical loses or something due this? Punishing an returning client even if he is back just for a month or service just dosent make sense.

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

I had a look at their tos and cancelation service they don't stipulate any deny or service or fees in case of incorect cancelation they just state how you cancel services with them. And aren't services automatically suspended terminated ? In this day and age? Can hosts suffer any economical loses or something due this? Punishing an returning client even if he is back just for a month or service just dosent make sense.

Some established hosts prefer to only entertain clients who will stay with them for a long term.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

If you don't cancel your service, the payment is due whether or not you make the payment.

If you then come back later they are within their rights to ask you to pay your overdue invoice. This has nothing to do with your nationality, this is simply how any recurring contract works - if not cancelled, payment is due.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • @jackb said:

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

If you don't cancel your service, the payment is due whether or not you make the payment.

If you then come back later they are within their rights to ask you to pay your overdue invoice. This has nothing to do with your nationality, this is simply how any recurring contract works.

@jackb said:

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

If you then come back later they are within their rights to ask you to pay your overdue invoice. This has nothing to do with your nationality, this is simply how any recurring contract works.

So basically this has to do with wasting billing department time? Or legal reasons with the finances or both?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I can't see this being bad in any way. You most likely used the service after the due date - hosting providers usually keep the machines up for 7-14 days after due date. This might essentially mean you got 14 days free. And most likely, the host would prefer to avoid you as a client, as you would do the same thing after a month or two again.

Thanked by 1FHR
  • @HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

Some established hosts prefer to only entertain clients who will stay with them for a long term.

I see

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@AlexBarakov said:
    I can't see this being bad in any way. You most likely used the service after the due date - hosting providers usually keep the machines up for 7-14 days after due date. This might essentially mean you got 14 days free. And most likely, the host would prefer to avoid you as a client, as you would do the same thing after a month or two again.

Well most hosts places an suspension and you can't use the service and a few days later it's deleted beside I would not do that I'm not a dick but this is a valid reason for hosts to refuse an service. But yeah some hosts may do that so I guess I shall be more carefull with my cancelations or I would be having a bad rep.

@Daverno said:

@jackb said:

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

@jackb said:

@Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

So basically this has to do with wasting billing department time? Or legal reasons with the finances or both?

It's just about wasting billing time and server setup time etc...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@Daverno said:

@AlexBarakov said:

Well most hosts places an suspension and you can't use the service and a few days later it's deleted beside I would not do that I'm not a dick but this is a valid reason for hosts to refuse an service. But yeah some hosts may do that so I guess I shall be more carefull with my cancelations or I would be having a bad rep.

We keep services online for a longer time, in case someone simply forgot to pay or was away. Lately, I've not used other providers, so can't comment on their policy.

That being said, if the provider in question is reasonable - open a ticket, explain your situation and they would most likely make an exception for you.

• Why does everyone play the racist card when they don't get what they want? If you got banned, for failure to pay.. that's on you. I tell hosts if I do not plan to renew, or I renew. Not too complicated.

You can't forget to pay, you get so many emails.. unless a host sends no emails.. then I understand.

Thanked by 4FHR Wolveix sin Shazan
  • @Daverno said:

@HostEONS said:

@Daverno said:

Yes hosts suffer financial losses because if your service is due on the 5th of the month and you don't pay the invoice the host needs to wait 10/15 days or more and first suspend the service and then terminate it.

So you are effectively getting free service which i'm sure gets abused by many aswell.

Hence why hosts will deny you service in the future because you are effectively in debt with them.

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@huntercop said:
    Why does everyone play the racist card when they don't get what they want? If you got banned, for failure to pay.. that's on you. I tell hosts if I do not plan to renew, or I renew. Not too complicated.

You can't forget to pay, you get so many emails.. unless a host sends no emails.. then I understand.

Because I been refused manny times and be told why when it comes down to bigger hosts , I come from a shithole country aka romania.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Daverno said: Can hosts suffer any economical loses or something due this?

It's possible. If you purchase from a host who is low on resources then every day you hold up resources without paying for them means lost revenue (i.e. clients) for that host. For shared services it's usually not an issue but for dedicated service it's more of a possibility. Hosting providers do not want problematic/difficult customers so there's probably more to this story than just not paying an outstanding invoice.

• DavernoDaverno Member
    edited October 2018

@KuJoe said:

Daverno said: Can hosts suffer any economical loses or something due this?

It's possible. If you purchase from a host who is low on resources then every day you hold up resources without paying for them means lost revenue (i.e. clients) for that host. For shared services it's usually not an issue but for dedicated service it's more of a possibility. Hosting providers do not want problematic/difficult customers so there's probably more to this story than just not paying an outstanding invoice.

I swear it's just the outstanding invoice. Well they are let's say medium size hosting company based in Amsterdam so I doubt they are low on resources that much . > @AlexBarakov said:

@Daverno said:

@AlexBarakov said:

We keep services online for a longer time, in case someone simply forgot to pay or was away. Lately, I've not used other providers, so can't comment on their policy.

That being said, if the provider in question is reasonable - open a ticket, explain your situation and they would most likely make an exception for you.

I will ask altough probably won't solve anything my nationality= high risk.
    Maybe if I also offer myself to pay the old outstanding invoices (a few euros probably only) Idk will see and update thread.

• @huntercop said:

I have had several annual lowend services get cancelled on me due to non payment because they send their billing and reminder emails from either poorly configured mail servers or low reputation ip addresses that they are always in junk mail.

Daverno said: I swear it's just the outstanding invoice. Well they are let's say medium size hosting company based in Amsterdam so I doubt they are low on resources that much .

I highly doubt a hosting provider would avoid getting money over just an outstanding invoice. There has to be more to the story, whether you know it or not.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Out of interest, how exactly did they refuse to offer service, what words did they use?

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Daverno said:
    I swear it's just the outstanding invoice.

How unreasonable, for a company to expect you to pay outstanding invoices before sending you more invoices to potentially ignore.

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
  • @seaeagle said:

@huntercop said:

I have had several annual lowend services get cancelled on me due to non payment because they send their billing and reminder emails from either poorly configured mail servers or low reputation ip addresses that they are always in junk mail.

Easily avoidable by adding a reminder on your phone for renewal dates. I've been doing this for a while now and it's pretty darn convenient.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Daverno said:
    I will ask altough probably won't solve anything my nationality= high risk.

If you act like you have no obligation in your contracts which you are implying in earlier replies; you aren't helping other customers in your country.

Pay your bills and submit your cancellation requests -- rather than ignoring invoices and hoping they go away.

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Daverno said:
    they just actually ban you beacuse you're nationality?

Likely because of your location, not nationality. Customers coming from high fraud risk areas are often finding more issues ordering stuff online, in general.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Out of interest, how exactly did they refuse to offer service, what words did they use?

Those are the words "Good morning,

I have looked into this for you and the cause lies with a previous account that has been written off as a result of unpaid invoices. We unfortunately can no longer provide you with new services.

I hope this has been of help to you and, despite my potentially disappointing answer, wish you a pleasant day."

@KuJoe said:

Daverno said: I swear it's just the outstanding invoice. Well they are let's say medium size hosting company based in Amsterdam so I doubt they are low on resources that much .

I highly doubt a hosting provider would avoid getting money over just an outstanding invoice. There has to be more to the story, whether you know it or not.

Well you gotta believe me I didn't abuse any service. > @xaoc said:

@seaeagle said:

@huntercop said:

Easily avoidable by adding a reminder on your phone for renewal dates. I've been doing this for a while now and it's pretty darn convenient.

I might look if I can do this via Google calendar integration. > @ahnlak said:

@Daverno said:
    I swear it's just the outstanding invoice.

How unreasonable, for a company to expect you to pay outstanding invoices before sending you more invoices to potentially ignore.

Well they didn't ask me to pay anything. > @Clouvider said:

@Daverno said:
    they just actually ban you beacuse you're nationality?

Likely because of your location, not nationality. Customers coming from high fraud risk areas are often finding more issues ordering stuff online, in general.

Yeah but some people never changes, mentality might be still as provenience. > @seaeagle said:

@huntercop said:

Well Somes sends no emails at al, gotta look on my old email account to see.

• I wonder what the point of this thread is ...

@Daverno, you should pay your bills if you want to remain in good standing with a provider, otherwise it's your risk -- it's this simple.

If you think that you've been treated unfairly, say who the provider is and tell us exactly what happened, sharing the relevant tickets.

Otherwise, what do you want us to conclude about your case?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

Well, in that case, they are fully within their right to refuse you as a customer.

Pretty much all host will refuse you if you pull that. What's sad is that your failure to realize this and had to create this thread. (Lacks common sense)

Try skipping out on your rent or property tax to see what happens.

Thanked by 1HostDoc

I never said nor implied you abused any service.

• So, you have unpaid bills with the provider and they decided that, going forward, they wouldn't do business with you any longer? I don't see the problem. I assume that you have other options so, why not choose one of them?

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited October 2018

Not hard to figure out who the provider is regarding their policy. I'll give you some hints: they go full autistic over their anti-fraud crap which is sometimes wrong rather than pony up to their mistake.

Thanked by 1Corey