Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosts refusing service - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosts refusing service

13»

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

U are cuz you hang out with me, dude.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

Not something we would do, but they have the right to refuse anyone without reason. Business must be treating them very well.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

See, there is always more to the story. Mystery solved! :smiley:

• Why would you renew a domain before charging the customer and then blame the customer because their card was denied? That's ass backwards.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Corey said:
    Why would you renew a domain before charging the customer and then blame the customer because their card was denied? That's ass backwards.

In some instances the payment might not have failed immediately. In the case of a debit card the payment probably got queued up (in this case the initial payment was successful) but by the time that payment came up in the queue there was no money in the account and then the failed payment notice was sent to the hosting provider. This isn't extremely common but I have seen in happen both as the buyer and seller.

For all of my banks there's a "pending transactions" section in my online statement and these transactions are processed the next business day (usually in the order they come in unless you have a nice bank that processes deposits before debits/charges). For the vast majority of online stores I've never had an issue but for some overseas providers who handle the processing of credit cards themselves I've received a payment confirmation then a payment failure e-mail for the same invoice on the same day before (I've since switched away from debit cards to avoid this and the associated fees).