Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some assistance for using hardware tokens
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some assistance for using hardware tokens

Need some help.

Setup: My home laptop. I RDP to my server. From RDP server, I initiate connections to other servers (windows (rdp)/ linux(ssh) ).

I have a YubiKey4 with me.

Question: Can I use my YubiKey4 for any type of auth for connections to my remote servers?

The question may seem a little vague. If you have followup questions which will help clarify, please do ask.

Comments

• birchbeerbirchbeer Member
    edited October 2018

Interesting question.

Are you asking about using Yubikey4 from your RDP client as an auth factor to your bastion host or to all the other server protected by the bastion? It's may be theoretically possible but I'm guessing you may have to redirect the USB from from your RDP client to the bastion since the reason for using a bastion is to have access isolation.

• both, to my main rdp server and then, to others too... just not sure if its possible...

• @dwnewyork5 said:
    both, to my main rdp server and then, to others too... just not sure if its possible...

if you want to build your own solution; with yubix it is possible.

• @smile said:

@dwnewyork5 said:
    both, to my main rdp server and then, to others too... just not sure if its possible...

thnx. can you share any insights please?

• CyberMondayCyberMonday Member
    edited October 2018

@dwnewyork5 said:

@smile said:

@dwnewyork5 said:

Mod edit: Not appropriate.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran
    edited October 2018

@CyberMonday said:

@dwnewyork5 said:

@smile said:

@dwnewyork5 said:

LoL