Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices

Comments

• nice prices.

• What happened to the kernel being made here?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

chienvo said: This one is quite interesting. How many traffic in a month can an eCommerce website load?

In SYS unlimited. 250mbit/s bandwidth.
    But this server is not available for ordering.

• @desfire said:
    What happened to the kernel being made here?

Alive and kicking; details in this thread.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@desfire said:

But it hasn't been released as public yet right? Last time I checked it was beta testing and I have not read the opposite in the latest pages

Thanked by 1sin
  • zhujiwikizhujiwiki Member
    edited October 2018

@chienvo said:
    E3-SSD-1-16
    Intel Xeon E3-1225v2 3.2 GHz (4c/4t) - RAM 16 GB - 3 x 120 GB SSD
    €24.99 (prev. €32.00)

This one is quite interesting. How many traffic in a month can an eCommerce website load?

what's the link?I can't found in sys.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

zhujiwiki said: what's the link?I can't found in sys.

Because the tariff is only in the API.

• sinsin Member
    edited October 2018

@desfire said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@desfire said:

But it hasn't been released as public yet right? Last time I checked it was beta testing and I have not read the opposite in the latest pages

I'm wondering about this too (as in a public release)

• williewillie Member
    edited October 2018

Both OOS now. By the way can they someday fix the necessity of having separate accounts for every brand and continent? I currently have separate Kimsufi accounts for NA and EU, and OVH for NA, but no SYS. I guess I'll try to enroll SYS accounts for both continents to speed up getting an ARM server if they become available again, but it's too many accounts, jeez.

• @Vova1234 said:

zhujiwiki said: what's the link?I can't found in sys.

Because the tariff is only in the API.

Thanks.

Found them.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Anyone have a working way to fix the 500kb/s connection limit on the Arm storage servers? I've tried all of the methods that have been shared but none work (specific packages or kernels aren't available, mostly.) I have Debian 9 installed, maybe a different distro has an easier fix?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited October 2018

@MikeA said:
    Anyone have a working way to fix the 500kb/s connection limit on the Arm storage servers? I've tried all of the methods that have been shared but none work (specific packages or kernels aren't available, mostly.) I have Debian 9 installed, maybe a different distro has an easier fix?

I have 5 of them, Debian 9 OVH Kernel (not distribution), this is what I did.

Also a member from here is running this project https://github.com/kotc/ovhnas
    Haven't tested it, but it may be worth a try.

• Anyone here to know the kernell password for Arm servers?

https://github.com/kotc/ovhnas

@vovler I'll have to try the OVH kernel then, I selected distro kernel and nothing works on that.

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Anyone here to know the kernell password for Arm servers?

https://github.com/kotc/ovhnas

I would also like to know, hence with almighty power I summon @KotCzarny

• @vovler said:

@MikeA said:

I have 5 of them, Debian 9 OVH Kernel (not distribution), this is what I did.

Also a member from here is running this project https://github.com/kotc/ovhnas
    Haven't tested it, but it may be worth a try.

No need for installing a kernel that won't get used, just "rm -r /boot/*" reboot and you're done.

• KotCzarnyKotCzarny Member
    edited October 2018

@vovler: @mtsbatalha: @MikeA: i invite interested people to irc for disclaimer/access. i'm available almost every day, between 8 and 23 (GMT+2)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited October 2018

@willie said:
    Both OOS now. By the way can they someday fix the necessity of having separate accounts for every brand and continent?

OVH does not give a fuck, they have a bug, that you cannot order Canada SYS via EU, so you need to go over US.

I did already reported it, but apparently they where unable to reproduce it, I can reproduce it on every restock, sad story.
    OVH on its final desitination.

If someone still wants to get an ARM, join novaDedi's Discord, to get notifications.

• @KotCzarny said:
    @vovler: @mtsbatalha: @MikeA: i invite interested people to irc for disclaimer/access. i'm available almost every day, between 8 and 23 (GMT+2)

Anyway to get the access without IRC, never used it.

Just a note, I got a reply to an older ticket about the SYS ARM servers and they are apparently being removed, main reason is likely because of the issues and low cost.

It is actually an issue that we're not planning to fix as we're going to be removing them off the commercial website.

The issue as you have already noted is due to the old kernel, they're also running on an old network equipment and if you have the oldest servers they will work correctly but not the newest one.

A fix won't be implemented, thank you for your understanding.  

I am glad they will remove them I guess, less support for them and nobody else will buy them thinking it will be useful for backups (which was really the point of them being released as storage plans.)

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2018

@MikeA said:
    I am glad they will remove them I guess, less support for them and nobody else will buy them thinking it will be useful for backups (which was really the point of them being released as storage plans.)

Works great as a tertiary backup store, for me.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • @MikeA said:
    Just a note, I got a reply to an older ticket about the SYS ARM servers and they are apparently being removed, main reason is likely because of the issues and low cost.

It is actually an issue that we're not planning to fix as we're going to be removing them off the commercial website.

The issue as you have already noted is due to the old kernel, they're also running on an old network equipment and if you have the oldest servers they will work correctly but not the newest one.

Let's see if I understood correctly: They will stop selling them, but current users will be able to keep & renew the servers they already have right?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2018

@MikeA said:

as long as they don't touch the existing ones... I intend on keeping my 4TB box for a very long time.

Thanked by 2vovler AlwaysSkint
  • @desfire said:
    Anyway to get the access without IRC, never used it.

Over two decades in IT roles and I'd never used IRC until this event. It ain't difficult, just new. ;-)

• @vovler said:
    Let's see if I understood correctly: They will stop selling them, but current users will be able to keep & renew the servers they already have right?

I bloody hope so!

@Falzo I have never seen OVH push clients off of old servers, so I wouldn't worry at all.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@citrix said:

@ninzo59 said:

@citrix said:
    i see SoyouStart now has servers in .DE as well :)

_New Essential server regions
    Discover our new Dedicated Servers
    From £35.99 ex. VAT/month (or £43.19 incl. VAT) _

... also a note says soon UK

https://www.soyoustart.com/en/essential-servers/

Early september in UK :)

Is this still happening? I've been checking daily but no sign of .UK

Hello citrix, UK SYS server is available. sorry for the delay.. stocks are really low, I encourage you to order fast if you want to grab one !

More stocks incoming each week.

• @ninzo59 said:

Hello citrix, UK SYS server is available. sorry for the delay.. stocks are really low, I encourage you to order fast if you want to grab one !

More stocks incoming each week.

No SYS ARM storage servers though. :-(

• SYS arm 4tb for UK please