Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking To Become A VPS Reseller - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking To Become A VPS Reseller

2»

Comments

• sent you email check it :)

• edited June 2013

We can offer a reseller plan. It would actually be a whole node to yourself that you can then sell resources on. If you reach the limit on this you can take on another node and so on. This way we can offer what you need without directly affecting our other clients. Please let us know if you are interested via PM. Services are in Dallas.

Thanked by 1natestamm
  • @omlinux said:
    sent you email check it :)

I haven't recieved any email.

• KensharmaKensharma Member
    edited June 2013

Woops put it in the quote

• I believe I have decided on a host that offers me everything that I need, please be sure to submit any last minute offers via PM or emailing me at [email protected] as within a few hours I will be purchasing my reseller package.

Thanks;

• Which host did you end up going for?

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

@AnthonySmith said:

I am honestly not having a 'pop' at you, I just think you are asking for stress, and FYI you can oversell ram on KVM no problem it is not dedicated or pre-allocated :)

What do you mean exactly? You can oversell a little bit in the sense that you can turn on KSM technology and pay a bit of a penalty on CPU load. KSM only goes so far though. It's not insignificant but not a huge savings either. At least that is what I am seeing in my limited testing. The other way you can oversell is going into your SWAP memory but you aren't going to be able to keep your customers if your HD's are constantly thrashing away.

I guess if you were using HW RAID1 SSDs it would work ok but I would rather just spend that extra money on more RAM in the first place.

A lot of memory is still going to be sitting inside customers VPSs unused. Less of a problem now a days with 16 and 32GB Memory becoming more standard on base dedicated server configurations.