Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New SoYouStart 2018 Prices

Comments

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@Neoon said:
    Apparently Kimsuf + SYS + OVH just deadpooled.

Yep. I heard they used to offer crazy cheap bandwidth, like "unlimited 250 Mbps down / unlimited 5 Mbps up", that's just not sustainable.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2018

@Shot2 said:

@Neoon said:
    Apparently Kimsuf + SYS + OVH just deadpooled.

Yep. I heard they used to offer crazy cheap bandwidth, like "unlimited 250 Mbps down / unlimited 5 Mbps up", that's just not sustainable.

Nah, the website dropped + Kimsufi for some reason.

Seems to be fixed now.

http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=32252

• karanchookaranchoo Member
    edited June 2018

stop bitching guys , i was perfectly happy to have 6T server from last one year , and now its on half price and i grabbed another one , its a super deal , 1 gbit from same dc its like block storage .
    i mean where u get 6Tb for 14 euros .

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • openosopenos Member
    edited June 2018

@OVH_Matt said:
    Can anyone who is experiencing the 5Mb/s issue send me their ticket numbers?

My ticket: 9684488

GRA1 - Rack: G124B17 - Server ID: 745098

Thank you.

• @OVH_Matt said:

GRA1 - Rack: G126B06 - Server ID: 769526

Thanks mate. I hope the issue will be fixed...

• Speeds are increased on upload over 250Mbps now, looks like they fixed the problem at least on my server.....Thank you

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sinsin Member

@acidpuke said:
    Speeds are increased on upload over 250Mbps now, looks like they fixed the problem at least on my server.....Thank you

Nice! Mine is still not fixed...still getting 565KB/s max.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@sin said:

@acidpuke said:
    Speeds are increased on upload over 250Mbps now, looks like they fixed the problem at least on my server.....Thank you

Nice! Mine is still not fixed...still getting 565KB/s max.

Lucky you! I get only 564KB/s average, at the moment. :'(

Thanked by 1sin
  • acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited June 2018

It was like the upload flood gates opened, I was questioning what I was doing with this upload pile of crap... very frustrating , it's pushing up wards over 300Mbps now in my tests.

I am completely happy with what I have now. I'm on the BHS5 - Rack: T05G31

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2018

Still, it's slightly scary how they manage to sell dozens of faulty servers without ever acknowledging an issue - servers which feature a /64 range of no IPv6 and 0 IP failovers for free up to the 16th. What a mess.

edited June 2018

up to 16 IP's for free for 4.99, a bargain.

If that would work.

• @Neoon said:
    up to 16 IP's for free for 4.99, a bargain.

If that would work.

:o

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@Shot2 said:
    Still, it's slightly scary how they manage to sell dozens of faulty servers without ever acknowledging an issue - servers which feature a /64 range of no IPv6 and 0 IP failovers for free up to the 16th. What a mess.

From my understanding from a network guy - limits are put in place during provisioning, if this has been configured wrong for a given product (and then copy/pasted two the 3 variants) - then sure whenever products are deployed they'll get the same limits - it can then be fixed when people actually mention it - and then everyone is happy.

• FredQcFredQc Member
    Device Model:     HGST HUS726040ALA610
    Serial Number:    K4GGYEZB
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 000cca 25dc6cbc0
    Firmware Version: A5GNT907
    User Capacity:    4,000,787,030,016 bytes [4.00 TB]
    Sector Size:      512 bytes logical/physical
    Rotation Rate:    7200 rpm
    Form Factor:      3.5 inches
    Device is:        Not in smartctl database [for details use: -P showall]
    ATA Version is:   ACS-2, ATA8-ACS T13/1699-D revision 4
    SATA Version is:  SATA 3.1, 6.0 Gb/s (current: 3.0 Gb/s)
    Local Time is:    Thu Jun 14 21:52:04 2018 CEST
    SMART support is: Available - device has SMART capability.
    SMART support is: Enabled

9 Power_On_Hours          0x0012   100   100   000    Old_age   Always       -       2100  

:)

edited June 2018

GRA => GRA 94Mbit (100Mbit Kimsufi)

GRA => RBX 94Mbit (100Mbit Kimsufi)

GRA => Online.net 50Mbit

The limit seems to only affect stuff outside OVH.

They are advertised as backup servers, big suprise, apparently they only intended to be used within OVH for OVH products.

Some people on Reddit bought that, for Torrent, no wonder they put the limit on.

I guess if you want the storage for cheap, use a Server as gateway that is non backup related or just drop them a ticket.

• Like other People say, the backup server can only be used with ovh servers in the same data center. From backup server BHS to GRA is a max upload of 5 mbits limited.

@InfinityHosting said:
    Like other People say, the backup server can only be used with ovh servers in the same data center. From backup server BHS to GRA is a max upload of 5 mbits limited.

My Iperf says 94Mbit to inside GRA and RBX.

No idea.

edited June 2018
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

@Zerpy said:

@Shot2 said:

From my understanding from a network guy - limits are put in place during provisioning, if this has been configured wrong for a given product (and then copy/pasted two the 3 variants) - then sure whenever products are deployed they'll get the same limits - it can then be fixed when people actually mention it - and then everyone is happy.

Yeah, why fix three mistakes in three templates, when you can just fix the results of the mistake a hundred times over a hundred successive orders when a hundred different customers contact you over a hundred days (as soon as they realize there's something wrong, which can take minutes or days or weeks) :)

I love such a "network guy's logic". Looks more like intentional crippling from OVH's side, then backpedaling on a case-by-case basis each time the issue surfaces.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Yeah, just saw the new servers appearing, they're all out of stock at the moment.

That E5-1650v3 + 64GB RAM + 4x2TB looks very appealing to me...

Thanked by 1jaypeesmith
  • ofitofit Member
    edited June 2018

Datacentre
    GRA1 - Server ID: 767616

do not know where ticket No
    https://us.soyoustart.com/manager/?csid=MBcTs#/support/messages/9659562

• ofitofit Member

I setup openvpn UDP server and connect using ftp/ftp to internal vpn ip 10...* and have high speed.

Test using aria2 in multi treadand have not bad 10MB/s download speed

• YorkiSYorkiS Member

T> @OVH_Matt said:

No ticket number, but I opened it. BHS6 - Rack: T06G35 - Server ID: 308761

• Jona4sJona4s Member

Please don't add setup fees :facepalm:

• @OVH_Matt

Data Centre: BHS5 - Rack: T05G31 - Server ID: 281235

Ticket Link: https://ca.soyoustart.com/manager/?csid=PjnCz#/support/messages/9687104

Capped at 5Mbits/s

• We've never used SYS but their new pricing is highly encouraging.

• I am really liking this new pricing, might snag a server when they get released.

• huckenhucken Member

18 setups listed so far, hope they clean them up a bit. we'll see if the pricing of the new ones are final. don't know what to think of the lowest opteron for 42€ with tax, 6k passmark 1,2k single core. the next better intel machine with the same specs is already 60€ tax incl. (just looking at the 8TB offers)

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@OVH_Matt by the way, you OVH employees should really stop looking at customers as clueless morons whenever they point inconsistencies in product descriptions:

Now I want mah "16 included IPs", "IPv6 /64 network", "guaranteed outgoing 250 Mbps internal and external" as advertised here or here, or else... talk to the DGCCRF :P

Thanked by 2mosan7763 CConner
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Shot2 said: you OVH employees should really stop looking at customers as clueless morons

Nah, it's just that their web team are actual clueless morons.