Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore moving out of low end VPS market
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore moving out of low end VPS market

Received this email from IPXcore earlier, looks like they are ready to leave too, which is rather unfortunate given they are one of the more stable and reputable providers who have been in the business for a while:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that our Budget VPS services are being discontinued due to the continuously rising cost of IPv4 addresses. Effectively immediately, all Budget VPS plans are being increased to the IronVZ plan at $2.49 per month. The increase will happen when your service is set to renew.

We understand that the price increase will exceed planned budgets and understand if you will need to cancel your service, however, this is our first price increase in the history of our company and we are unable to continue offering the Budget VPS plans at their original price. If you don't want to keep your Budget VPS at the IronVZ level, please cancel it here: https://ipxcore.com/clients/clientarea.php?action=products

It has been a pleasure providing the Budget VPS service to you. We look forward to your continued business.

Regards,

THE IPXCORE TEAM

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

$2.49 is moving out of the low end market now?

Seems like they are remaining firmly in it and just removing an old loss leader.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Seems like they are remaining firmly in it and just removing an old loss leader.
    @spammy said:
    Received this email from IPXcore earlier, looks like they are ready to leave too, which is rather unfortunate given they are one of the more stable and reputable providers who have been in the business for a while:

what plan you got with them to send this nonsense? Just going back; their ironvz was almost always $2.50 and it's ridiculous their website still showcase the "budge vps service" that's completely out of stock. Guess when you all of stock; and not buying new ips; gotta raise the price on what you have.

• What was the prior price?

• @Aidan said:
    What was the prior price?

According to their website it is $1 per month, which is super cheap.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2018

@needavps said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@spammy said:

what plan you got with them to send this nonsense? Just going back; their ironvz was almost always $2.50 and it's ridiculous their website still showcase the "budge vps service" that's completely out of stock. Guess when you all of stock; and not buying new ips; gotta raise the price on what you have.

Which makes sense. If buying more IP's is expensive, and whomever you're renting your existing from is getting costly, you gotta make it up somewhere.

They likely did the math, saw that they had a mountain of people tied up in very budget plans, and figured that they will likely retain a good bit of people and be able to open some stock back up. They'll gain more cash to continue operating things.

Good on them for doing whats best for their business.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MikePT iKeyZ
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

Everything over 25$/y is not more low end, sounds like regular price to me.

Except its a dedi.

• @Neoon said:

Surely that depends on the spec?

Thanked by 2Aidan pike

@Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

Surely that depends on the spec?

A bit, 1-2GB is a requirement, obviously KVM.

• I think they left the openvz entirely, as I clicked on every openvz plan and it says they are out of stock. (KVM VPS are working fine)

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Neoon said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Except its a dedi.

25 USD a year is a bargain, LET offer nowadays. Its not yet considered regular price and taking to account that ip costs are rising pretty much every 6 months it does make sense that such packages end up disappearing or being IPv6 only.

@MikePT said:
    25 USD a year is a bargain, LET offer nowadays.

Thats why its called LET.

25USD is a good price for 2GB KVM, why pay more?

edited January 2018

@Neoon said:

@MikePT said:
    25 USD a year is a bargain, LET offer nowadays.

Ashley was a good price too. Why pay more?
    Yesterday I paid 30 USD year for a 512MB KVM from Vmhaus and I think its still not much profitable if at all given their hw and investment. Let alone the rest. I rather signup for a fair price than a too cheap to be true that ends being shitty or deadpools.

• @Neoon said:

LowEnd is a state of mind, not a price point.

edited January 2018

@MikePT said:

If you need storage, you buy a Kimsufi for 8EUR with 2TB.

There is no reason to buy a VPS.

4EUR for 2TB is good, buy 3 of them and make a fat cluster.

I rather signup for a fair price than a too cheap to be true that ends being shitty or deadpools.

Hahaha, the price does not say it will deadpool, look at XVMlabs, Virmach, fake news.

@Neoon said:

@MikePT said:

If you need storage, you buy a Kimsufi for 8EUR with 2TB.

There is no reason to buy a VPS.

4EUR for 2TB is good, buy 3 of them and make a fat cluster.

Yeah limited at 100mbps.

edited January 2018

@MikePT said:
    Yeah limited at 100mbps.

Well, no. If you use 3, you get total of 300Mbit.

If you can pull 300Mbit with a client depends on the software, most likely you will pull 100Mbit but thats better then 1-2MB/sec with Treudler or other people who tried to offer cheap storage on OVZ and shit.

For storage needs like 1TB+, do not get a VPS, its not worth anymore.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

This thread is hilarious. Can a mod please update the title to reflect the truth?

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I think still falls in LowEndMarket.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@Neoon said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Except its a dedi.

@Neoon should become a provider and to this sort of pricing. It would be some premium popcorn time when he’d see for himself and do the math and rage drop the project again.

Neoon said: Everything over 25$/y is not more low end, sounds like regular price to me.

Yes but no offence, I consider you to be in a league of your own in terms of expectations vs price :)

@Clouvider said:
    @Neoon should become a provider and to this sort of pricing. It would be some premium popcorn time when he’d see for himself and do the math and rage drop the project again.

Well, for that, you would need to sell them direct, means you need to run your own DC with cheap power and stuff.

Which only do a few here on LET, if you have a few millions spare, lemme now, lets work out a business plan then.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: Everything over 25$/y is not more low end, sounds like regular price to me.

Yes but no offence, I consider you to be in a league of your own in terms of expectations vs price :)

At this stage he’s effectively morphed into a parody account.

Thanked by 2MikePT lazyt
    edited January 2018

Nekki said: At this stage he’s effectively morphed into a parody account.

All the greats do, just look at Jonny Depp!

Thanked by 2MikePT lazyt

Lets just buy nodes at 50EUR, 2x1TB SSD, E3, 32GB RAM. Gimme the order links.

• To me it is also entertaining to watch how when someone is complaining about a services, all providers goes one way and saying things like "there must be another side of the story", and yet when I almost just quoted (and really didn't say anything bad I believe) an email like this, providers start to jump. Is this place becoming just like another WHT?

I have a few of the old plans with them, around 128MB of RAM each, maybe less than 10GB of HDD, for a cost of around a buck per month, some monthly some yearly and I've had them for a few years which I never cancelled. Why? Because those plans represent the golden LE* times, when @LowEndAdmin was around and when everyone was trying their best to find out how things can be done with a true end low end VPS. I do, too, have some crazy resources plan (of course those are no longer crazy these days) with some of the providers who replied above, and are paying way more for it, however I do miss the time (and the fun) when the LEB was truly all about "race to the bottom" (in terms of resources).

Again I have no complains with IPXcore and I've enjoyed a few years of stable services with them (some of them have been running some stuff for years), however at the end of the day, it is equivalent to a 150% price increase, with no apparent reasons (I am a customer of PhoenixNAP which I believe where they are colo-ing their servers however I did not get any announcement on IP price increase, however it is completely possible they are renting the IP blocks somewhere and had to live with a price increase). It is not the first day we have an IPv4 shortage as well.

And by the way, 2.49x12=29.88 the last time I checked my calculator.

@Nekki said:

@AnthonySmith said:

At this stage he’s effectively morphed into a parody account.

I was joking a bit, as usual.

There are coming much more factors into that as just Memory and Virtualization.

Like Location, Storage Type....

You cannot make it up to 25$/y for everything.

@spammy I think you're being over sensitive :) and yes IPXcore is an awesome brand, or at least when I used them YEARS ago when Damien was there.

Thanked by 1spammy
  • SHOCKING: ESTABLISHED COMPANY MOVES AWAY FROM UNSUSTAINABLE; SHOCKING THE CUSTOMERS WHO LOVE RACE TO THE BOTTOM PRICING.

MORE INFO AT NOON

Thanked by 3MikePT lazyt jvnadr
  • spammy said: it is equivalent to a 150% price increase, with no apparent reasons

I hate to break you the news but a business doesn't have to explain everything to the customer which leaves some feeling this way.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@spammy the term "Low End" never had anything to do with price, it was about specs. LEA did have a set price limit, but it was always about doing more with less which this site has definitely gotten away from. That being said, by LEA's definition $30/year is still in the LEB price range so your title is still wrong.

Thanked by 3MikePT spammy ariq01