Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phoenix VPS suspend my VPS (Payment Problem) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phoenix VPS suspend my VPS (Payment Problem)

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@BronzeByte said: He is Chinese.

Then maybe someone can translate before he makes a bigger fool of himself.

• roizroiz Member

@serverian
    When I paid my vps. the invoice shows unpaid.Then one day later my vps suspended.So I expressed my strong dissatisfaction.Then I request refund.But they never response me.

• roizroiz Member

@Voss I already request refund .Before I make PayPal disputes.You can see the record

• @AnthonySmith said: Aggressive much?

Not really, just giving my opinion. This is certainly less aggressive than to report someone without valid reasons and to refuse to refund for services that were not provided.

it is clear that the servers were suspended AFTER the dispute

No, they were suspended BEFORE. While it was done automatically by WHMCS, it doesn't matter in the eyes of the customer.

The provider should have fix the invoices immediately since he was aware of the problem. He should have answered the tickets faster, honored the refunds and in the last resort, settle the dispute by accepting his responsability in the problem.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited April 2013

@roiz said: @doughmanes @craigb @Noerman @budingyun @hostingwizard_net @Patrick @serverian @DalComp @ftpit Now They disable my account without Justification and notification

@roiz said: When I paid my vps. the invoice shows unpaid.Then one day later my vps suspended.So I expressed my strong dissatisfaction.Then I request refund.But they never response me.

@roiz said: @Voss I already request refund .Before I make PayPal disputes.You can see the record

How long you wait until they (should) response?

@hostingwizard_net said: The provider should have fix the invoices immediately since he was aware of the problem. He should have answered the tickets faster, honored the refunds and in the last resort, settle the dispute by accepting his responsability in the problem.

+1, Whenever something bad happen, we love to read something or talk with someone.

--- Client is the King.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

to refuse to refund for services that were not provided.

In the United States not providing the services that were paid for is known as fraud. The OP should report the "provider" to ic3.gov for fraud.

He should also report the "provider" to the FTC because the provider's privacy policy makes no mention that personally identifiable information (PII) will be shared with FraudRecord or other 3rd party non-governmental fraud reporting services. The FTC doesn't look kindly upon "companies" that violate their posted privacy policies (read the TRUSTE blog for the reason why the manner in which FraudRecord is using hashes makes the hash PII). The services provided by FraudRecord don't fall under the categories of "companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service" that the provider lists in its privacy policy. If "companies" are going to share information with services like FraudRecord they need to state this in their posted privacy policies.

DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES

We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.

We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.

We may disclose your personal information

as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
    when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,

if Phoenix VPS is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,

to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.

GoogleCheckout

If you choose to use GoogleCheckout to finalize and pay for your order, you will provide your credit card number directly to GoogleCheckout. Google’s privacy policy will apply to the information you provide on the GoogleCheckout Web site.

PayPal

If you choose to use PayPal to finalize and pay for your order, you will provide your credit card number, directly to PayPal. PayPal’s privacy policy will apply to the information you provide on the PayPal Web site.

• @DomainBop said: ersonally identifiable information (PII) will be shared with FraudRecord or fraud reporting services

Here we go again

• Communication is what to blame here.

• @Jack said: VM wasn't even suspended

Here he says it was suspended before he opened a case at paypal:

@roiz said: When I paid my vps. the invoice shows unpaid.Then one day later my vps suspended.So I expressed my strong dissatisfaction.Then I request refund.But they never response me.

• @Jack I think you haven't read the thread correctly (or did I?) but according to what was posted by both marcm and roiz, two VPS weren't delivered, a third one was suspended and several tickets didn't receive proper care before the customer opened the disputes. So each payment and each dispute is associated with a non-running VPS. Also the provider agreed the problem was on his side, due to the use of a wrong email address with the PayPal API. By refusing to refund, he didn't let any other choice to the customer to fill chargebacks. Therefore I think PhoenixVPS is at fault in this case.
    At least that shows us how FraudRecord can be abused, independently of all the privacy problems.

• roizroiz Member

@hostingwizard_net Thank you so understand my thoughts

• The customer said otherwise, so maybe the automatic service suspension was not really disabled or maybe the suspension notice was for the new VPS and the old VPS was down for another reason. In all cases, all were offline (according to OP):

@roiz said: Suddenly the vps is interrupted.I am very angry.Then I received a Service Suspension Notification from Phoenix VPS

• Screenshot please

• I'm a customer of PhoenixVPS and I have the same payment problem. I paid but invoices did not updated. I submited a ticket then they replied soon that they will resolve manually. But the delay was about 1 day so I asked them again then they resolve soon. Perhaps they did forget but no problem, I still haved more than 7 days before the due date. Anyway, I still trust PhoenixVPS. Anyone can be wrong sometime :)

• krokro Member

Lol op thinks suspension email that was not valid was legit. Both baddies

• Different culture, different reaction. Most miss understanding usually caused by what some people call it Diūmiànzi (Lose Face) :)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2013

So, what I got from this is that PhoenixVPS had an issue with their payment system (not their fault) that caused two VPS to not be EVER delivered and one VPS to go offline from suspension, so client issued a valid Paypal dispute because he did not understand that there was a problem on PhoenixVPS' side due to language barrier and for >24h there was no response from the provider.

Then, Paypal dispute is denied, and PhoenixVPS submits information to FraudRecord when clearly he didn't do any fraud considering that the two VPS were never delivered.

Then, instead of delivering the VPS that he requested and restoring his services, they charge him with $100 fee and cancel all of his services without refunding him for either of the two VPS that they never provided.

Sounds like fraud from PhoenixVPS to me.

Edit: sorry, I misunderstood. Turns out that the issue with the payment system was on PhoenixVPS' side, not Paypal's. So they set up their payments incorrectly, and then refuse to admit their problem and resolve it, instead canceling his services and charging him for their own mistakes.

• Typical Chinese client dispute.

For those who deal with Chinese clients, keep a close eye.

They are passive aggressive in nature and when they feel like they are not receiving their way, they resort to such antics like this in order to twist your arm into doing what they want. Most of you would compromise and refund the money to get the person to go away but that generally empowers them with their attitude.

Most Chinese clients are great but they don't realize their country has a crap infrastructure and none of them realize how networking works. Explaining things to them is like explaining algebra to your dog

I hate racism.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @perennate can u read? Lol read where the emails the op posted. Maybe the op pulled the trigger to quick and got mad cause it was a premature shot. lol No fraud was committed on the part of the phoenix vps. I got an idea mind how about u start a hosting company and see how u deal with a customer like this?

• @perennate said: I hate racism.

How dare you accuse me of lacism

@ZinnVPS said: @perennate can u read? Lol read where the emails the op posted. Maybe the op pulled the trigger to quick and got mad cause it was a premature shot. lol No fraud was committed on the part of the phoenix vps. I got an idea mind how about u start a hosting company and see how u deal with a customer like this?

The virtual private servers were shut down or not delivered and OP wanted his money back; at least for the ones that were never delivered this is perfectly valid. PhoenixVPS decided not to refund him, and instead charged a $100 administrative fee.

There's no reason why he should have to pay for a product that never came online because of a problem with PhoenixVPS' payment system.

• @perennate said: There's no reason why he should have to pay for a product that never came online because of a problem with PhoenixVPS' payment system.

I believe the company owner has said he was solly numerous times

@doughmanes said: How dare you accuse me of lacism

They are passive aggressive in nature and when they feel like they are not receiving their way, they resort to such antics like this in order to twist your arm into doing what they want.

Wikipedia: Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior or superior.

You said "they are passive aggressive in nature". That's an unfounded opinion about an entire race.

edited April 2013

@doughmanes said: I believe the company owner has said he was solly numerous times

And? The customer had a valid reason to want his money back: his product hadn't even been delivered yet! Yet the provider instead decides to respond to the Paypal dispute for all three transactions, including the two that were clearly valid, somehow ends up winning the dispute (clearly only due to the language barrier), and then cancels all of his services and charges him $100.

• @perennate said: You said "they are passive aggressive in nature". That's an unfounded opinion about an entire race.

How dare you make wild accusiations about my personal and professional experience! Also how dare you result to insults and using hateful speech, such as "racist"! This place is not meant for name calling and is a community of professionals, wonderful customers and individuals looking to start their under $7/mo business.

If you have something to add, from your personal or professional experience, let me hear it or keep name calling which is child like and easy to do with limited mental capacity

@perennate said: somehow ends up winning the dispute (clearly only due to the language barrier)

Breaking news: virtual goods disputes always favors the buyer and not the company

edited April 2013

Now you're just putting words into my mouth. I never said you were a racist (hell, I never even said "racist" until now). I said that in your post, you made comments that expressed racism. You even said that by nature, Chinese are passive-aggressive. Read the definition of racism from Wikipedia.

I can't see how judging an entire race and separating them as if they were different from any other human is professional.

• doughmanesdoughmanes Member
    edited April 2013

@perennate said: Read the definition of racism from Wikipedia.

I don't read Wikipedo, the online propaganda ran by moderators who heavily edit child-adult sex content to give pedophilia a "neutral POV". You may be against lacism, but pedophilia has no place in a civilized society.

• marcmmarcm Member

@perennate and @hostingwizard_net please read before posting: http://sqz.io/fVdED
    I've explained pretty clearly what happened. Customer's services where delivered and his 3 VPS servers were up and running. His service got interrupted after filing a false PayPal claim for the 3rd time. Repeatedly filing chargebacks under false pretenses is considered abusive. PayPal saw his behavior as being abusive as well that is why all of his claims were denied. @perennate, now after reading this, do you want to keep repeating those false statements?

@96mb reviewed us last year in October. He signed up as a regular customer we never knew that he was amongst us. He can pretty much describe how he was treated and how services were provided to him.

@DomainBop - This is at least the 4th time that you try to slander my business and I still don't know why. If you want your statements to have more weight or credibility then please at the very minimum provide your full name here and state the reason of your attacks. Sounds to me like your are making this personal. The recommendations that you make in your comment can get people in trouble because it is illegal to file a false report with any kind of law enforcement or government agency.

@Zen - We have many customers from Asia that we have absolutely no problems with. If they submit a ticket that we do not clearly understand we work with them until we understand what their issue is. Customers from Asia aren't any different than any other customers. That being said I appreciate your kind words and support.

The bottom line is that @roiz was a customer of ours for which we provided the services that he paid for. We have the server logs that show that his services were active and that he used them. He choose to file 3 separate PayPal disputes (two for $4 and one for $7) for each of the payments that he made during the past week because he received an email from our automated billing system (due to a glitch with the PayPal API and IPN) that was telling him that his invoice wasn't paid. I personally asked him to ignore it as this would be fixed soon. His services were not interrupted until he filed his 3rd dispute. PayPal denied all of his claims and deemed them as being abusive.

• emgemg Veteran

In my opinion, @roiz did not give Phoenix VPS sufficient time to respond to his issues. The transcript that he posted begins at 20:45 (8:45 PM) and ends at 3:08 AM the next morning. That is 6 hours, 23 minutes from when the ticket was opened until he decided to initiate a dispute with PayPal.

@roiz should have given them a full day or two to resolve the issue before raising the dispute with PayPal. Even if Phoenix VPS support was fully staffed at that early morning hour, it is only fair to give Phoenix VPS time to resolve the issue.

In fairness to @roiz, @marcm should not have closed the ticket until he was sure that his customer's concerns had been completely addressed. Clearly the billing issue was not fully complete, and there was the hidden issue that the customer believes he paid for additional VPSs that were not yet available to him.

This is not only about poor communications, it is also about reasonable expectations, and simple patience. Even in China, it takes time to fix problems and resolve issues. Considering the difficulties with understanding and communications, in my opinion @ruiz bears the majority of the blame, for raising a PayPal dispute without giving Phoenix VPS sufficient time to fix his problem.

This discussion has been closed.