Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phoenix VPS suspend my VPS (Payment Problem) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Phoenix VPS suspend my VPS (Payment Problem)

Comments

• nz2ocaseynz2ocasey Member
    edited February 2014

Actually, @marcm, you decided to take it in this direction with your disrespect in the other threads. Disrespect is NOT a normal part of any business transaction. I'm simply posting the facts. Your responses have been unhelpful, when you turn around and trash customers.

Up until I started having issues with your billing, despite the network latency, I WAS happy with the service... but then I quickly learned, you're only happy so long as I fork over cash and not report a problem. Or maybe, is it that this post is lending some credibility to that Chinese guy (although he's not too clear on comms), that maybe, just maybe it's not about the Chineseness of a person.

I've only posted what exactly has happened to be the experience I have had with you. It's not nonsense, because it is what it is. Where is the advance notice? When was it emailed?

Also, I have no knowledge of who you use to outsource your transactions to. I have no access to Stripe.com's system for your account, because it's not my horse to run.

As for trust, I don't trust you with my CREDIT CARD, because you simply lost my trust, which you once had, because you decided to take the conversation in the direction of disrespect to me. I have had no issue with being a paying customer - UNTIL your responses became nasty with me. I don't ask for a rosy conversation, free months of service (which you promised, but I could not see that it was done in WHMCS or not - THAT IS THE ONLY THING YOU PROVIDE FOR ME TO SEE)..... I do expect for you to treat me and others as human beings, not as if you're better than the world around you.

Seriously, put yourself in another person's shoes. From my standpoint, I don't know your internal systems. How can you expect me to know the intricacies of what you are up against, if I have no literature or knowledge being provided on that.

Why stay? Because I was working on migrating away, and I haven't gotten everything set up yet. It's not because "I have nothing better to do." It's because I only have time to work on it during certain days and certain hours. You cannot dictate what time I work on this, as I have a full time JOB that involves treating people with a little more respect than you have.

Also, in other hosts, I see the credits in the WHMCS views, so that's a difference. It is not my fault that you have IPN issues, and it is also not my fault that you have issues with your other systems not talking to WHMCS. Other hosts NEVER EVER tell me "oh it's an IPN issue," because your host has been the ONLY ONE that I have ever had a billing issue with. How does it feel being the only host provider that I've had billing issues with?

• Plus... I'm quite glad that I backed up the data off of the server, just in case it goes down without warning or something... Currently my site is down, presumably from a node move... But... Solus says it's up/"Online", on the new node, but oddly, it's at max hard disk space all of a sudden (from what, 2-5gb?).

Of course, the site is down, now that the IP changed again, without warning, so I would expect DNS to take a bit of time to update to bring it back up. Pesky TTL's.

Also, to add to the previous post, I remember much older conversations between you and I, where you seemed to begrudge me, and the fact that I used the Paypal payment method.... If you don't like that payment method, simply don't offer Paypal payments. Use something else. Don't turn it back on the customers.

• @nz2ocasey Hey Casey, on one side you're emailing me and talking to me in a very trashy tone, on the other you're trashing me on this forum. You're either getting bored, or have nothing better to do, however I am very busy and extremely tired and overworked. Last Sunday you did the same thing, now it's happening all over again. I promise you that we won't be doing this next Sunday, because I really can't do this with you every week, I'm sorry. And no, I'm not happy when you're forking over cash. You have a $7/mo. 1GB SSD Cached Xen VPS. Last week you raised hell here and got credit. This week you're doing it again. Do you really thing that $7/mo. is really covering the cost of your service? Because anyone here will tell you that it doesn't. You got it on a promotional offer. Your VPS was never down, or interrupted, or your data lost. However I am refunding you your last payment and terminating your service now because there is a limit to how much abuse me and my staff are willing to take from you. And if you've read anything that I've written, and I have repeated it before, we are implementing PayPal billing agreements so that we can continue to accept PayPal without issues. Regardless, have a good night and find someone else for next week to trash on the forum.

• @SnowDay said:
    By reading this thread makes me remember a provider name M(*)H.

It was a awful experience.

stupidest staff I have ever met.

No comment on this thread. Both of you telling stories.

What do you mean stories? I have ticket responses from them and screenshots, but I'm not here to convince anyone anymore. I'm tired of fighting with PhoenixVPS - no, marcm in particular. I have every right to be ticked off.

I also noticed how I was supposed to have that credit issued that he spoke about earlier (screenshotted and in my tickets that I have copies of)... but yet, when I asked that he reverse the $7 that was just withdrawn from my Paypal, you don't see a response to that, do you? I don't see a response as of this moment.

Guess bashing customers, who are or are about to be ex-customers, is more important than handling the request due to what the system does (compounded with the credit he offered)?

Recurring Payment Sent (ID #6AF58474Y36606159)

Merchant Name:
    Perfect Hosting Guru
    Merchant Email:
    @phoenixvps

Total amount:
    -$7.00 USD
    Amount:
    $7.00 USD
    Tax Amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Ship Amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$7.00 USD

Date:
    Feb 9, 2014
    Time:
    05:54:36 CST
    Completed

Subject:

Perfect Hosting Guru
    Funding Type:
    Instant Transfer
    Funding Source:
    $7.00 USD - [Redacted] Checking (Confirmed) x-{NNNN}
    Back Up Funding Source:
    Visa Credit Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-{NNNN}

• @nz2ocasey Refund sent, have a good evening.

• Ok @marcm, you have stepped over a line which you can't go back on in that case.
    1. You were abusive to me, when you decided to start disrespecting me, regarding an issue on your side. I don't maintain your systems and billing interfaces. You do.
    2. You trashed me first, and I simply pointed out your behavior, which is unprofessional at best. I'm ticked off, and all you've done was to exacerbate the issue.
    3. Again, I didn't care to really get credit. I cared to get my billing to be CORRECT as to what was prior agreed upon. I never asked for more than I was entitled to. If you didn't want to adhere to the promotion, you didn't have to provide the promotion, and it's your job to make sure that you can be profitable under the terms that YOU establish. I don't make those for you... You also did not have a time limit on said promotion. With some notice, I might have been willing to accept a price change, but not when you chose to be disrespectful in the process.
    4. The VPS is currently down due to the migration of the node without notice. I need a bit of my data from the server. Are you planning on holding it hostage?
    5. Today is the first time I've heard you're implementing billing agreements.
    6. I've found a new host already, and was in process of setting stuff up. I'm happy with them, because when I raise an issue/concern, the response is not to trash me, but to try correcting it.

• I suppose the next step is blame me for you not being in the top hosts list....

• To bad to hear you got suspended, after you paid, this is not your fault because api had issues, also to open a dispute was not the right thing to do before asking why is suspended.

Thanked by 1nz2ocasey
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@racksx He never got suspended, and I informed all of our customers that the PayPal Instant Notification System keeps failing. I have also posted an announcement in the client area about it. For some reason he just likes picking on this issue when he has some free time. However I have refunded his last payment. From what I can tell he is not even reading what I am writing here, and I believe that he is just targeting my company because he has some other issues going on and needs to channel all that negative energy somewhere. Or I don't know, it's beyond of the scope of what I do. However there is only so much that I can take of this.

edited February 2014

@racksx said:
    To bad to hear you got suspended, after you paid, this is not your fault because api had issues, also to open a dispute was not the right thing to do before asking why is suspended.

I also never opened a dispute in paypal. I notified them (PhoenixVPS) via support ticket originally, and on this recent one, email, since they took their client area down and offline at the moment.

Also, as for @marcm informing all customers, I received no such email. He is also typing faster than I am, and posting faster than I can click submit while I'm replying to the last post.

Guess it's just my fault that his company can't get their crap straight, beyond scope or not. My site is not my day job, and I choose to have priorities. When else, other than free time, would I "pick on" a verifiable billing issue? Never? So are PhoenixVPS / "Perfect Hosting Guru" customers NEVER to submit tickets or comment on the experience?

Also, why would I target your company specifically? What would the benefit be exactly? I would love to know what the benefits of targeting your company would be, because if there were some benefit to me, I would try much harder.

If you gave me a polite reply, it might have been a rave review, and I would have been more than understanding and kind regardless the issue. Your response is driving my responses in kind. I'm... I WAS the customer.

I had tech issues when I was with another host for a Windows VPS, spanning over a week long before. Never did the conversation ever degrade to this state. I wasn't offered free months. I was communicating with a person with good people skills.

Now where is my data that was on my server?

• @nz2ocasey I will write for you in separate lines, hoping that you will read for once what I'm writing. I won't reply to your comments anymore because I have other customers to attend to.

People in this community know me pretty well. If there was a massive issue with our service then other customers would have joined you in your rampage against us. Personally I believe that you're angry about something else, and you choose us as a target in order to went. You wanted attention, otherwise you would have sent us an email with any concerns that you might have had. After you posted here several times I got one two line email from you written in a very demeaning tone. People who don't want attention and are looking to get work done approach problems in a different manner.

About honoring the $7 deal: I never said I wouldn't. However do you have any idea what it takes to keep everything running? The time it takes to make sure everything is running smooth? The money it costs? The sacrifices that we make so that you can get your $7 VPS? Why am I saying this? Because I'm sure you don't. And maybe you shouldn't, however you shouldn't target us either just because you are seeking to attract attention. You could have gotten more credit for free service and other freebies if you would have been willing to act like a normal human being. You wanted to go this route, that's fine by me.

PayPal is an issue for all hosting providers. Every so often it brakes and providers patch it up. PayPal knows this however their servers are so overworked that they can't do anything about it. Or won't, I don't know. I choose not to put a band-aid on the problem but rather fix it for good. In the meantime I disabled automatic suspension and told everyone to ignore the emails. You knew all of this a week ago, however you wanted some more attention so you've raised hell again.

I have refunded you your last payment. As a service provider I have the right to refuse to provide service to you, which I am.

Customers voice their opinions all the time about us, good and bad. It's a person's basic right. Just as I have the right to defend my livelihood when it is being threatened by unjust accusations.

I am sorry, however I can't allocate any more time for this. I am so sorry that our service did not work out for you and that you received a few emails from our automated system that you shouldn't have. We are working on fixing all of our billing issues and automated mailing issues. Have a good night and God Bless!

• SnowDaySnowDay Member
    edited February 2014

@marcm
    No issue with your service. I have not use your service before. thus there will be no comment.

When I said "M(*)H" 3 letter.

can you guess which provider I am talking about?

I believe it is quite obvious.

• @SnowDay I am sorry, I have no idea. I don't really follow other providers, and maybe at this hour my eyes are tired :-) And I know you don't have any issue with my service, and believe me, I am more than willing to work with people and take care of their problems, however this particular issue was about attracting attention. Anyway, which provider is it? You made me curious... You can pm me if you don't want to post.

• The $7 deal, was your choice, so don't talk to me about how much it takes to keep everything running. You had the opportunity to modify it, tell me it's expired, or say it was sold out. This is clearly not my deal - it's yours to own. You made your bed, so lay in it. I had a server that consumes what, less than 200MB of bandwidth out of 2TB every month? 2GB out of 40GB HDD? How much CPU usage? How much RAM? 200 hits in January was the largest month. So my server costs you THAT much money?

Additionally, if you're complaining that you made it cheap, then WHY are you here on LowEndBox/LowEndTalk if you don't fit in the category of cheap hosting? Again, your own business decision.

I have been with several hosting providers, and have never had Paypal problems, ever. I've never been terminated, until you. With all except ONE (Virpus), I transferred ownership of each site to each business, who still use their host and VPS to this day.

Further, I mentioned that your client area was down, and the node was moved without warning. You didn't say THAT a week ago, and that's why I'm ticked off today. Instead of helping with the issue, you chose to attack me in your responses. If you don't want customers, then stop trying.

You also don't have the right to cause data loss as a result of your decision to terminate a customer that made "unjust" reports of a problem in your billing. I was not abusive to you or the staff, however in your responses, you were abusive to me. Please immediately return my data to me.

edited February 2014

I MIGHT have failed to mention, I also didn't make the decision to change everyone to SSD Cached either, at the same rate. ;) Again, would have been willing to pay more, if you had been only a tiny smidgen more respectful.

Also if you want to continue that I am "making unjust accusations," I can post all of the ticket info, screenshots, and paypal transaction info... but I don't believe that's necessary. My "accusations" are based on the constant attacks you made toward me.

Where's my server data again?

• @craigb that one is from two years ago, the situation here is a bit different.

edited February 2014

@craigb I didn't even know about that post.... wow... So I'm not the second person experiencing problems, but the third.

@marcm The amount of time between occurrences does not make a concern invalid.

• I agree with you the situation is a bit different @marcm but I'm sensing some of the same behaviours (likely a result of burning that passion of yours too bright). No need to reply, but re-read the advice from @96mb and affirmed by @NickA a few posts above my response I linked to. Good luck with the DC move and sorry the prior DC let you down with mediocre service :(

Thanked by 1nz2ocasey
  • @marcm
    It is MCH
    my custom hosting

I forgot my account password, but the problem is that I couldnt receive password reset email.

all other email such as invoice etc works, but just password reset dont work.

Then I opened a ticket, ask staff to help.

I told him that I couldnt receive password reset email, and I need a solution for it.

He just told me to check email again and again, and wouldnt provide me a solution.

At last I just asked him, cant he provide another way, and he answered "NO"

Therefore I went to paypal, and of course I lost.

• Also, I've offered to speak with @marcm on the phone to get the issues with text-based communication out of the way. People are usually nicer, and get more done on phone, because with forums, the meaning sometimes slips away :( Oh well.

• @SnowDay - that's because it is broken. Yes, password reset is broken in nearly every WHMCS template, and by the time you fix it a new WHMCS release comes out and breakes again.

• So speaking of servers.... @marcm, are you really intending on holding my data hostage? Yes or no.

• @marcm
    I felt a bit responsible for it when things are all over.

Should give some more day, but anyway I dont like his attitude and service.

It is only 7 dollars, but the more important part was that he made me a bit angry.
    Cant calm down.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@nz2ocasey Two years ago I gave @craigb a full refund because I felt it to be a necessary thing to do, as I didn't give enough notice. It was the DC that he was talking about, and they didn't have any BBUs on hand when we set up the servers. Without a BBU you can't enable cache on your RAID controller and it's slow. On one side customers where complaining about the slow I/O. The DC agreed to do it right away or coordinate. I decided to do it right away since they are never timely when it comes to coordination. All VPS server where shut down in a orderly fasion and the BBUs where installed. At the time @craigb interpreted my gesture towards him in a bad way. His situation and yours don't even come close. You did this a wekk before, you're at it again. I said I won't reply to you anymore, and I won't. And I'm not keeping your data hostage either.

@SnowDay well for me it's not about price, and I'm very quick to take care of problems. My PayPal issue takes a bit to fix.

@craigb it's not that, but the fact that he choose to repeat this now the second time and completely refused to communicate via email and on top of that he was rude. And yes, I've argued with @Nick_A one time in the past and then we made up. I think that you'll agree that mixing it all together makes no sense. Neither does continuously replying to this thread.

edited February 2014

@marcm Refusing to provide the data that I had on the server, is in fact, holding the data hostage. Please return the data to me as soon as practical if you aren't keeping it hostage, or at least acknowledge an effort to get it to me.

I've been more than reasonable. I've tried to deal with this by trying to ask you to get on the phone with me to smooth things over at the start, which you were not interested in.

All I've seen here is blame, bashing, and complaining about things you have chosen to do on your own accord in your own business (which I, a customer, don't have control of - yet you do).

As I see it, you are A) refusing to provide data from a server, which was terminated because of what I can tell was a whim based on me reporting the issues I had here, C) claiming I was rude to you, yet you out of the gate torched me on the first responses then edited them, considering that the issue was on YOUR end to begin with, D) you complained out of the gate that I used Paypal, which you didn't have to make available, and E) you are intentionally exacerbating the issue and provoking anger needlessly.

Additionally, I can tell that you have issues with communicating with customers, especially when an issue comes up and is reported to the community, from people who do not know your internal business. You continue to act as if people on the outside should know, when in fact they don't and never will.

Alas, since Marc chooses not responding to me, I wonder how this looks on PhoenixVPS, when they refuse to do something within their reach, for a problem that started (and was acknowledged as such) on their end to start.

Remember their AUP/Terms? Marc terminated it based on the term that they may terminate service for any reason or none at all. However, this is a dispute wherein a charge was NOT disputed with Paypal or Credit Card issuer. On this dispute, in the terms it did read "Phoenix VPS will use reasonable care in notifying the Subscriber and in resolving the problem in a method resulting in the least amount of service interference." I also wonder how Marc gets around the Third Party Disclosure clause of his privacy policy, in a couple of cases where he replies to other (presumably ex) customers....

So much for having a policy.

• @nz2ocasey again, I am not holding your data hostage. I took a snapshot of your VPS and I'll give you a link where you can download the tarball. You can either get your data from there or give it to another provider to image a Xen PV VPS with it. However my attention is focused in other places. Best of luck with your next provider.

edited February 2014

Fine. You know where to send the link to the tarball, correct? The email I sent an email to support today from... (you know, per the message on the currently down client portal).

P.S. Already had a new server the day that you first started trashing me a couple weeks ago.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited February 2014

@nz2ocasey I feel that you're not the type of reasonable person that wants to get results, instead you're here seeking attention. If you had any other intentions you would have sent me a private message, replied to my emails, etc. So to recap what happened and what I did:

1) We are currently experiencing PayPal Instant Payment Notification issues and the measure we're taking is to implement PayPal Billing Agreements. Customers were well informed about this and have been told to ignore any overdue invoice emails and automatic service suspension has been disabled.

2) Mr. Casey here has decide to bring this issue to this forum and trash our company, all while this information was publicly available on our website inside the customer portal, and is currently being displayed for everyone to see on our customer portal.

3) After several weeks of abusive behavior (customer service abuse, trashing us on a public forum, etc.) I decided to end his service with us, provided him with a full refund of his last payment and gave him a copy of his imaged VPS data.

Casey I don't exactly understand why you had to go through such lengths to trash us, including the resurrection of a thread from a year ago. It's kind of hard to find a title for your issue, isn't it? Lets try: "Receiving annoying invoice overdue emails from Phoenix VPS, and they still annoy me despite the fact that I was asked to ignore them" or "My invoice wasn't immediately marked payed yet my service wasn't interrupted and I was told not to worry about it, that it won't be..." - none of these would generate any interest and they would be too long.

When I see such behavior sometimes I think of sabotage. I mean it's a saturated market and it's not out of the question. If I'm wrong then this thread will be here as a testament of your behavior for your next provider to see.

nz2ocasey said: P.S. Already had a new server the day that you first started trashing me a couple weeks ago.

This is what I am talking about, extremely childish behavior. You wanted attention and you got it. It also contradicts your other statement about us: "Love the service, hate the billing". We have never trashed you, however we did defend ourselves. If you had a server ready and you didn't like the service then you could have moved a long time ago. As you have seen, we didn't hold your money hostage, neither your data.

@mpkossen please close this thread as it was opened a year ago regarding another issue and resurrected by @nz2ocasey for what ever reason (I'm guessing that he couldn't find an appropriate title for his non-issue). I believe that if he wants to take this further then he should open his own thread. Thank you.

• I agree with @marcm: if there's a new issue, please try and resolve it with PhoenixVPS or otherwise open a new thread. No need to dig graves over this.

This discussion has been closed.