Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2017 Provider Of The Year - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2017 Provider Of The Year

14567810»

Comments

• simlevsimlev Member
    edited January 2018

Hetzner (KVM VPS) @Hetzner_OL
    More expensive than I'd like but dependable, good performance VM and network. Support is effective but not fast.

Wishosting (KVM VPS) @exception0x876
    Really good performance and storage space for the price! Friendly support.

VMBOX.co (OpenVZ VPS) @VMbox
    Been with them for two and a half years, zero to no problems. Ridiculously low price includes a wildard SSL certificate. Support is not fast nor bright.

Best newcomer: Gullo's Hosting (shared hosting) @Cam
    Disruptive prices and fresh attitude. Friendly, fast and effective support.

Honourable mention: Aruba (KVM VPS)
    Their 1€/month "server smart" puts to shame most Black Friday offers and is available year round. Solid VM and support was there listening to me when I needed it.

Honourable mention: InceptionHosting (OpenVZ VPS) @AnthonySmith
    After I became a customer I could see why this guy has a good reputation on this forum: very fast and helpful support for a low priority ticket where it was clearly not his fault. If I were him I don't know whether I'd work this hard for someone that pays me less than a euro a month.

Honourable mention: UltraVPS.eu (KVM VPS) @UltraVPS
    Best Black Friday offers for me. The VM has a separate, bonus partition for the operating system, so you get the advertised amount of space available just for your data. Good, fast enough support.

Not-so-honourable mention: Prometeus (OpenVZ VPS)
    Had a cheap, dependable, good performing service for years, but was forced to leave them since the renewal payment failed for no apparent reason. My support request went unanswered for more than two weeks, until the service expired.

Not-so-honourable mention: ZXHost (KVM VPS) @AshleyUk
    I was really supportive of this provider, who apparently did his best to keep his customers under very stressful circumstances. I was disappointed, though, when he finally announced the retirement of all LET plans: if this was to be the outcome, the announcement should have been made earlier.

P.S. I too would like it if there were a rule that only allows voting for providers who are active on LET. But, define active. And I reckon it's more useful this way.

• XeiXei Member

@simlev said:
    P.S. I too would like it if there were a rule that only allows voting for providers who are active on LET. But, define active. And I reckon it's more useful this way.

The majority of the best providers either aren't on LET or no longer active because they don't need to be after proving their worth (or growing too big, getting busy, etc). There are exceptions to that but making it so narrow would be a disservice and anti-competitive. I'm new to Aruba but they easily blow away the majority and they aren't on LET. You even nominated them. :P

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    1. Inception Hosting - Real good job by @AnthonySmith; serving my websites for over a year without any issues and low costs.
    2. LiteServer - @LiteServer; Back to their sublimity due to BF.
    3. BuyVM - @Francisco, well, ye, don't really need to explain why he deserves :)

Best newcomer: VMHaus.

Honorable Mention: DigitalOcean for sponsoring my VM with them for years (Student)

• vovivovi Member
    edited January 2018

VMHaus (KVM) - Really really impressed. Speed and Cost superb

Ramnode (KVM) - Very solid, great support.

Tried a few Turkeys during last year too. Can only recommend above two.

Mod edit: joined less than 10 minutes before voting.

• I've been having good results with Ramnode and VPSDime.

Thanked by 1hawc
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2018

There's nobody to vote for in the past year, OVH "thanked" existing customers with a rude price hike, Online.net killed our Kidechires, Vultr perpetuates their ongoing scam of the $2.5 plan, DigitalOcean and Linode are just mediocre and complacent, having not had a good sale or coupon in ages.

As such, let's vote for:

1. Veesp
    2. ABCVG Hosting
    3. ZeptoVM
  • XeiXei Member
    edited January 2018

I picked up a $2.50 Vultr plan recently. Only location is NJ though but it works fine. Hard to claim it's a scam if it exists/works as it should IMO.

1. HostUS
    2. Ramnode
    3. VirMach

Best new provider : none, but tell Emma Watson I'm available

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited January 2018
    1. HostHatch - hit the sweet spot with deals for storage, NVMe and dedicated cpu options
    2. Virmach - giving LET a proper no-frills "no support" option for people who know what they're doing - reliable service in lots of locations
    3. Lunanode - high-end features, hourly billing, snapshots, flexible storage. Good stuff.

Best new: vmhaus going like gangbusters, doing things right.

Emma Watson honorable mention: @davidgestiondbi Deepnet Solutions, my introduction to high quality Low End Spirit. Solid.

many other great deals from good providers I've found on LET this year but these are the ones that first come to mind. Thanks LET!

Thanked by 3vmhaus gestiondbi hawc
    1. RamNode
    2. Virmach
    3. HostRush
    1. Crowncloud
    2. Liteserver
    3. Hosthatch
    Thanked by 2SpeedBus LiteServer
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Counted up to here.. Voting closes at 12pm UTC, so you have a little over an hour and 45 minutes to go.

1. InceptionHosting
    2. Hetzner
    3. HostHatch
    Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Voting is over. Thank you everyone. Locking this thread now, and will update with results soon.

This discussion has been closed.