Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetno.de (Fedorait.net) run away?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetno.de (Fedorait.net) run away?

jsfoxjsfox Member
edited January 2013 in General

vps dead, and their websites budgetno.de & fedorait.net both are can't open for already several days, and zachfedora also can't be contacted, perhaps dead pool?

Comments

• Simple answer: yes I'd suggest u dispute payments.

• Deadpool by the looks of it.

• Down for several days, yes, could be deadpool.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yet another kid host. Refugee deal for 3 lucky people in signature :P

• @jarland I am in love with your logo. The more I look at it, the more amazing it gets.

@SimpleNode Thanks! We actually had the logo done by veron.co :)

• @jarland said: @SimpleNode Thanks! We actually had the logo done by veron.co :)

Very nice designers by the looks of it. They done virpus too.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited January 2013

On topic anyway, BudgetNode have disappeared.

• @Ishaq I think I would agree.

• No to flame, but why do people here buy from "hosts" like that?

• @bobby said: No to flame, but why do people here buy from "hosts" like that?

because they didn't see it coming and thought of giving them a chance

• @bobby said: No to flame, but why do people here buy from "hosts" like that?

Because everything starts from a flame, and then reaches the sky. But its really better to wait and watch.

• But then if everyone waits and watches, how does a host get customers? Catch 22.

@DeanClinton said: how does a host get customers?

Spammers, but they don't leave reviews ;)

• @jarland - ok, let me rephrase that...

But then if everyone waits and watches, how does a host get genuine paying non-abusing customers? Catch 22.

• @DeanClinton said: But then if everyone waits and watches, how does a host get customers?

I to thought after posting my comment, but then decided not to edit it.

@MikeIn said: But its really better to wait and watch.

Why not to do some research and a fair conversation before buying, may help to understand many things.
    (Though, nothing can be taken as granted or correct).

@DeanClinton said: But then if everyone waits and watches, how does a host get genuine paying non-abusing customers? Catch 22.

Exactly. I'm glad people here are willing to take a chance. They took one on me.

• I am glad people take chances.

• I take chances on customers all the time!

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited January 2013

"I am glad people take chances."

So am I, but budgetno.de is a case where people should have done their research and not taken a chance because the host was underage and unable to form a legally binding contract which meant all of his TOS/AUP policies didn't mean diddly squat. A simple google search before signing up would have been enough research to spare people from waking up one day and finding their VPS had vanished into thin air

"how does a host get customers?"

if the host is underage (example: 16 year old high school football player Budgetno.de) and isn't old enough to form a legally binding contract in the state/country they do business in then their hosting company's TOS and other policies (privacy, AUP, etc) can't be legally enforced and they shouldn't be getting customers until they are old enough to from a legally binding contract.

• This is not entirly true DomainBop. They just setup a legal entity with somebody who is the age of 18 or older and then it is the company that is entering into the legal agreement. Simple ways to bend the law.

• TOS is to tell the customer what they can and cannot, also what rights they have

• This is one of the reason I won't make/purchase something from a domain less than a year.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@ErawanArifNugroho
    Problem is if everybody had that mentality GoDaddy and Yahoo would be the only two hosts in existence.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

Bumping necro style because the little high school kiddie who disappeared without a trace and and deadpooled in January started a new VPS company in March called....drum roll..

SUSTAINABLEVM

http://whois.domaintools.com/sustainablevm.com

The irony of that new name ROTFLMFAO

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@DomainBop said: Bumping necro style because the little high school kiddie who disappeared without a trace and and deadpooled in January started a new VPS company in March called....drum roll..

SUSTAINABLEVM

http://whois.domaintools.com/sustainablevm.com

The irony of that new name ROTFLMFAO

LOL

• @DomainBop good finding!

• Is it a real LLC?

• @seriesn said "Is it a real LLC?"

It's real--formed at the end of February. He's waiting for @Liam to reactivate his account and then he said he'd explain what happened.