Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetno.de (Fedorait.net) run away? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetno.de (Fedorait.net) run away?

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hello everyone,

I’ve asked @jarland to post this explanation on my behalf since I cannot post before @Liam activates my account.

Anyway, you guys are free to speculate upon this explanation but I promise that it is the 100% truth.

First off, I’d like to apologize to @deanclinton, he had purchased a yearly VPS with us for his awesome DNS project he was starting up. I have contacted him about this. I believe there was one other LET member that hosted with me but I forget his name. I believe he used the VPS as a VPN.

Secondly, I’d like to explain what exactly had happened a bit more. I started off in Scranton, PA with a customized dedicated server with VolumeDrive. I had absolutely no issues with the guys over there but I remember the disk I/O was pretty bad for what it was (Didn’t check smartctl or anything so I don’t know the age/condition of the drives). Anyway, it worked fine for a while, I got a few clients, most of which ended up getting terminated for various reasons. Then I ended up building a server (http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6482/what-do-you-guys-think-if-these-kvm-plans) and colocated at Datashack in Kansas City. The network was good, I had absolutely no issues with the guys there either.

A few weeks passed and I found myself not being able to justify paying what I did, and having each server sit idle for the most part (Mistake #1). The bills started piling up as they do, and I had to cancel my dedicated server with VolumeDrive to pay for the cheaper colcoation fee with Datashack. (It had more clients). So the next month’s colocation bill comes. I, again, couldn’t justify having 5-6 clients total and paying for the server to sit idle. So I sold the actual server to a friend of mine and used a good portion to refund those clients. I had one biennial client (About $150 if I remember correctly), @deanclinton (yearly), the other LET member (yearly) and 1-2 monthly (> $7/mo.) clients.

FFW a few months and me and a couple of friends gathered the money to support Sustainable Data Centers, LLC for about 2 years with no income. We are a registered LLC in the state of Indiana, I have an EV SSL on order, finally got a P.O. Box setup (Stupid I didn’t have one before, I know), and I have a clear on concise business plan for the future.

So with all that said, I hope this can help clear my name as a “run-away”. I’m definitely no @curtisg or @shove*. If I somehow missed you while sending out refunds (I now know of one person, I will be contacting them shortly - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1258841), please send me an email with your Paypal and I will refund the amount owed plus 50%.
    Thank you,

Zach
    zach [at] sustainabledatacenters.com

• DeanDean Member

I will not be using you again, once you've run off once and disappeared, there's a chance it will happen again.

• seems history repeats itself.

• @serverian said:
    seems history repeats itself.

Erm. Context?

• @0xdragon said:
    Erm. Context?

SouthBendServers/VPS seem to have also gone. Zach was the person behind both

• @Virtovo said:

Ah, okay. Thanks!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Lol.

Thanked by 2SpeedBus TheRedFox
  • Another one bites the dust.

• k0nslk0nsl Member