Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• fanfan Veteran

@imok said:
    @fan My bad. Jira is running there too. So 4GB could work.

If IIRC, I saw a 16GB RAM / 12 vCore deal. OOS in seconds.

Thanks for the notice, I'm also concerned about the CPU usage, my prior trial run on a 4 core VPS ended up with Confluence consuming almost half of the CPU power. Atlassian apps are nice and cheap (for small groups) but sadly all are such resource eaters.

• i have CPU that is stuck becoz of ram

• fan said: Thanks for the notice, I'm also concerned about the CPU usage, my prior trial run on a 4 core VPS ended up with Confluence consuming almost half of the CPU power. Atlassian apps are nice and cheap (for small groups) but sadly all are such resource eaters.

I'm running on 2 vCores (E3). High load alerts are only fired on backup time.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

muneebrocks said: hello even I contacted you about a previous flash deal?

Can you please let me know if I was supposed to private message you?

I did that with my invoice however I have not received a reply

If you ordered a flash deal, paid for it, and it was cancelled -- you can contact us on LET private message to have to possibly recreated after the sale is over.

Yura said: I just noticed that Windows reinstall requires opening a ticket...

sneaky...

spooky...

pricey???

Re-installs are free. We will only re-install if you already have Windows as the OS, so don't switch to Linux for these specials. If you complain and you actually did have Windows on your package (and you don't have support) it will probably be flagged up to L3 support and then (1) if your plan did have Windows you'll get it still, or (2) if it didn't, you'll be billed $10 for L3 support (for no reason.) So a warning to everyone (yes, it's already happened, but we haven't billed anyone yet) who are requesting Windows re-installs for packages that were clearly not marked as Windows -- please don't pester us for Windows installs.

MarcusVinicius said: "Order Failed

I'm sorry but we cannot current accept your order automatically through our system due to billing issues."

what?

You didn't pass the automated fraud check. Unfortunately, not much we can do about it for the flash sales. By the time we can manually go through our order, the flash sale is over. Common reasons for this are (1) your IP geolocation is too far away from your billing address, (2) your IP address leased from your ISP is flagged as an open proxy, probably because of previous abuse, (3) your country is blacklisted for extremely high amounts of fraud - such as Brazil, (4) you entered your address incorrectly and our system cannot look it up, (5) your information is on a blacklist, or (6) you're using a proxy/VPN to order,
    or (7) Maxmind might actually just be flagging you as fraud for no reason (they're not perfect but this is rare.)

vanhels said: @VirMach The prices of the offers will be maintained at each renewal, that is, recurring, or will only be for one year, you can clarify this thank you very much.

Price will be the same. Except if you applied the 20% coupon it's one-time only.

muffin said: @virmach if one of them is no support one, that will be the only vps I can’t send support right? Any other offers with support included are still ok and can submit ticket?

Yes, but please be clear that it's about the VPS with support.

Harambe said: Think there's a provisioning issue with the 1GB OVZ in Amsterdam. Won't boot. Unless install queue is just overloaded

MTT86 said: I think I have the same problem. The status of the 1GB OVZ Amsterdam VPS is offline currently.

freezingfire said: @VirMach Ordered the amazing OpenVZ special (1Gb RAM/20G Disk) but the VPS has been offline since ordered, tried reinstalling but no dice. Also, I was charged only $2 for this (ordered without support), I guess some sort of bug in the billing process?

We're aware of the problem and will be fixing the issue. No need to contact us.

southy said: @virmach do you offer additional IPv4 and for what price and is that possible also in the "no support" plans (as I will probably need to open a ticket to order them??)

We were actually going to include multiple IP addresses with each offer, but unfortunately we decided against it as the level of abuse would be too high. If your plan is "no support" it means no upgrades or changes.

If your plan has support, at our discretion, we may offer you some additional services at their regular price (upgrades, migration, IP change.) However, most our support agents may deny your request as we've had a long-time policy for now allowing these on specials. Plus we may not have enough resources to do the above mentioned changes.

If they give you a hard time just drop a private message here, at least a week after the offer and I'll see what we can do.

alilet said: Is there an offer for existing plans? My payment is due in a few days and I was wondering if there is some discount code which I can use.

No, sorry.

Thanked by 1brueggus

Message to all LET members:

We want to make sure you have had a good experience for this sale. We are processing some orders manually after the sale is over, and if you were unable to order any of the offers for these various reasons, we can add you to the queue:

• Constantly marked as fraud (unable to order ANY special) - we will generate one special as a courtesy if there's still any room left. Please private message use the special, and your e-mail address. Please also include one or two backup specials since it may be sold out. We will attempt to generate one. We will only do this if you DO NOT have any other specials ordered (just to make sure you have at least one.)
    • Ordered and PAID, but your service was NOT provisioned properly. This means that your order was cancelled & refunded. We can offer you the same special. Please message your e-mail and the full special details. If you ordered MULTIPLE specials and they were all not provisioned correctly, you can request it for all of them. As long as a payment was made, and in our log it did not generate properly, and you were refunded, you qualify.
    • Ordered and PAID, but we ran out of stock and your order was CANCELLED before you checked out. You can tell if this occurred if your service was never "pending" and it was cancelled, with your invoice still unpaid. We need to process a refund externally, so please create a ticket if you have not already done so, and then message us here with the (1) Ticket ID requesting the refund, (2) your e-mail address, and (3) the exact details for the offer you attempted to purchase. We will only do this if you DO NOT have any other specials ordered (just to make sure you have at least one) if there's room.
    • If you ordered a special and DID NOT check out in time, and received the the next offer instead, please let us know your e-mail, your current specifications, and the specifications you meant to ordered. We can possibly cancel it for you and refund it as an exception, but only if you private message us on LET. We can also attempt to generate the offer you meant to purchase, if there's stock. If you do not receive a response, it means we cannot make an exception.
    • If you attempted to order and were NOT able to pay, so your order did not go through, please do not contact us. There's nothing we can do because the package is most likely actually sold out.
    • If you registered on LET just to private message us, we will not honor your request or reply to you. Join date must be before November 24, 2017.

I hope this is a good solution to the common problems people have faced. Please let me know if you have any further feedback or issues to report that have not already been covered.

• @virmach Thanks for making other's experiences on your sales easier! Have two questions for you, what's the support charge for each level if i opt out and is the 20% coupon still working or did you disable it?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@VirMach Thank you for the great offers during Black Friday - and for a good laugh (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2508428/#Comment_2508428)!

Edmond said: @virmach Thanks for making other's experiences on your sales easier! Have two questions for you, what's the support charge for each level if i opt out and is the 20% coupon still working or did you disable it?

It's generally $3 for billing requests (term change, billing questions) or general ticket responses, around $5 for L1/L2 technical support resolutions, $10 per 15 minutes for L3. If we quote you $10 with a 15 minute minimum for everything it probably means you've made a lot of tickets with no support or multiple responses, but we're usually more reasonable with the fees.

We will refund any fees if it ends up being as a result of an issue with our servers.

• How many more flash sale offers do you have? Do you still have flash sale offers tomorrow (26-11-2017) or will the flash sale end today (26-11-2017)?

@Edmond yes, the 20% coupon is still working.

MTT86 said: How many more flash sale offers do you have? Do you still have flash sale offers tomorrow (26-11-2017) or will the flash sale end today (26-11-2017)?

We're not sure when they will run out. We have timed it to last up to Monday morning, but it will probably end sooner since some sold out sooner than the timer.

• @VirMach How much do you charge for PM?

• Go fast =)

$8.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION OpenVZ – NEW LOCATION
    RAM 128MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 100GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION AMSTERDAM, NL LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @WSS 3$, you can spend that much!

• nice but no vswap :/

• rotated.

$32.00 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH RAM
    RAM 4096MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 3x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 800GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

@virmach thanks for the response. Is it possible to upgrade to support afterwards? (Don't really want to pay but the pay per use pricing is quite expensive if you compare it to the charge for the year.

Is the charge per ticket or per response? (except L3, your charging by the minute)

edited November 2017

Edmond said: @virmach thanks for the response. Is it possible to upgrade to support afterwards? (Don't really want to pay but the pay per use pricing is quite expensive if you compare it to the charge for the yea

You could technically "upgrade" to it but there would be a $5 upgrade fee, plus the $5/yr.

Edmond said: Is the charge per ticket or per response? (except L3, your charging by the minute)

Generally for a task or ticket unless you try to stretch it out with multiple issues.

• @JabJab I don't tend to grab OpenVZ anymore. I just don't like that I have no control of the underlying kernel, and I'd rather have a slightly slower virtualized machine with guaranteed resources.

That said, I could have a freakin' field day if I wasn't busy elsewhere a couple hours ago with $3/yr Virmach hosts..

• @virmach Just curious, is the upgrade fee due to me using support? Maybe make it a add on that people can purchase! :D

I personally don't need support, aside from host node issues which seems to be refundable if it's not on my fault..

• Havent seen any flash deals for windows. Are they all out?

• AND THE 5GB SHIT IS BACK!

Thanked by 1Harambe
  • ranaldlysranaldlys Member
    edited November 2017

$68.70 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – HIGH CPU/RAM

RAM 18432MB DEDICATED RAM

CPU 8x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE

HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)

BANDWIDTH 2400GB BANDWIDTH

LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION

IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

wow :O

• @ranaldlys said:
    $68.70 /yr

HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)

IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

I would get that if only I didn't most of my $$$ chachings in Reseller accounts and 'stuff' lol

• @ranaldlys said:
    $68.70 /yr

HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)

IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

LOL you beat me to it. 15GB > 5GB, I guess.

• @virmach is Bitcoin disabled for flash sales? I like to checkout with Coinbase and just use BTC from my Coinbase account. There's no wait if it's funded from my Coinbase account since it's off-blockchain.

• user123user123 Member
    edited November 2017
    $22.49 /yr
    VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 2557MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 10GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 700GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• The offer with high ram run out so fast :(

• So... more ram than disk. NVMe-Manual? :D

• @WSS said:
    So... more ram than disk. NVMe-Manual? :D

That might have been a better option with the VPS that had 18GB RAM and a 15GB disk.

Edmond said: @virmach is Bitcoin disabled for flash sales? I like to checkout with Coinbase and just use BTC from my Coinbase account. There's no wait if it's funded from my Coinbase account since it's off-blockchain.

Yeah in your situation it would work, but not everyone uses Coinbase directly so we had to disable it.