Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Black Friday & Cyber Week 2017 ★ RAID 10 SSD ★ OpenVZ & KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

Hmm... so I didn't miss the $1/yr deal when I slept, guess there's more waiting to be done, since the script is way slower now.. It's waiting for stuff to sell out first, so the hundred orders might take the whole weekend to be done..

• Edmond said: But only if you don't mind helping me. =D

Nice try to grab some BF aff bucks... motherfucker

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017
    $20.50 /yr

VIRTUALIZATION KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    RAM 1024MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 1x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 500GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION BUFFALO, NY LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

25GB SSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

• Ugghhhh, it's been like 10hrs and I haven't seen anything that's close to the one they cancelled.

• Geez. Looks like things didn't get better after I sent to bed. Unless you like 5GB storage space.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2017

I've modified some offers to be larger. The automation process attempted to maximize the quantity of plans in certain situations (and have the lowest price possible), which may have resulted in some packages with low disk. To be completely honest, these 5GB disk packages are selling fine so there must be some use for them; just not by the people expressing their disappointment. Please do understand, if a plan is larger, the quantity will be lower, and it will sell out sooner. There's nothing we can do about that.

I'll also try to modify the lower disk packages to also have lower RAM/CPU and price, to a degree.

We may be getting some new servers in today so I'll try to squeeze those is as well if we can properly set them up soon. We're not going to cut any corners, so if the servers don't benchmark to our standard, we will not rush them for the sale.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

Please start rotating the offers quicker...

$20.50/yr for this

RAM 1024MB DEDICATED RAM
        HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
        IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

At least the plans are bigger now.

@LES you probably pull off way more of that so you can't be the one who complains.

• @VirMach said:
    I've modified some offers to be larger. The automation process attempted to maximize the quantity of plans in certain situations (and have the lowest price possible), which may have resulted in some packages with low disk. To be completely honest, these 5GB disk packages are selling fine so there must be some use for them; just not by the people expressing their disappointment. Please do understand, if a plan is larger, the quantity will be lower, and it will sell out sooner. There's nothing we can do about that.

I'll also try to modify the lower disk packages to also have lower RAM/CPU and price, to a degree.

We may be getting some new servers in today so I'll try to squeeze those is as well if we can properly set them up soon. We're not going to cut any corners, so if the servers don't benchmark to our standard, we will not rush them for the sale.

Re-enable the cancelled order? /wink

• @JabJab said:
    $20.50 /yr

RAM 1024MB DEDICATED RAM
    HDD 25GB SSD (RAID 10)
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

25GB SSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)

Just grabbed this flash sale for 15.5/yr (without support)
    But then I found that windows is not in the ISO list.
    Wondering if Custom ISO is not considered as support ?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2017
    $33.20 /yr

RAM 8192MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 4x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1200GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

Disk space, CPU, RAM, this looks decent!

• @jholycloud said:

Don't ask me, ask @VirMach
    but I don't think Windows can be installed here :-P

• neutronscottneutronscott Member
    edited November 2017

@jholycloud said:

gPXE can boot over HTTP. I used netboot.xyz just now to install OpenBSD. They have a Windows menu but I'm not sure if it has what you want.

1. Power-On server
        2. Attach to VNC
        3. Hit CTRL-B at gPXE BIOS prompt for command line
        4. Enter:
        dhcp net0
        kernel http://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.kpxe
        boot

Saved $5/yr and got all the ISOs here I need.

Only if I could get rDNS setup for free. This is usually an automated thing. Unfair! I've all this RAM and no disk, I may as well use it for SMTP but would like rDNS :(

Thanked by 1abjr
  • @neutronscott said:

@jholycloud said:

gPXE can boot over HTTP. I used netboot.xyz just now to install OpenBSD. They have a Windows menu but I'm not sure if it has what you want.

1. Power-On server
        2. Attach to VNC
        3. Hit CTRL-B at gPXE BIOS prompt for command line
        4. Enter:
        dhcp net0
        kernel http://boot.netboot.xyz/ipxe/netboot.xyz.kpxe
        boot

Saved $5/yr and got all the ISOs here I need.

Only if I could get rDNS setup for free. This is usually an automated thing. Unfair! I've all this RAM and no disk, I may as well use it for SMTP but would like rDNS :(

Wow, thanks for the info mate...will try it soon...
    this is why I love LET....^^

• Dang it, now they have this in the flash sale :
    RAM 8192MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 4x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 30GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1200GB BANDWIDTH
    LOCATION SAN JOSE, CA LOCATION
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

I wonder if @virmach lets us do that or we're all busy overloading the CPU atm trying to netboot into WIndows or something.

That one sold out quickly unlike the others, here's the fresh offer for $36.78 /yr:

RAM 4608MB DEDICATED RAM
        CPU 6x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
        HDD 15GB SSD (RAID 10)
        BANDWIDTH 1500GB BANDWIDTH
        LOCATION ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
        IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @JabJab said:

@jholycloud said:

Don't ask me, ask @VirMach
    but I don't think Windows can be installed here :-P

If I ask @Virmach, they'll charge me for sure.....^^
    But additional explanation of flash sale rules would be great...

• Serious question for the LET community; What can be done with high RAM/High CPU, low BW, 5GB SSD?

Closest thing I can think is a VPN, but the limited bandwidth kills that idea.

CasualCanvas said: Re-enable the cancelled order? /wink

We will give LET members a chance to re-enable offers that were cancelled due to error. This means if you ordered, paid, but your order was cancelled and you were refunded. Please private message us on LET with the exact plan specifications and pricing. Also include the time you ordered (will help us track the offer) and your VirMach account details.

Please do expect to wait (possibly) a few days, but send in your request the same day as the offer.

jholycloud said: Just grabbed this flash sale for 15.5/yr (without support) But then I found that windows is not in the ISO list. Wondering if Custom ISO is not considered as support ?

We generally will not mount Windows ISO on special packages without Windows. All servers have Windows licensing. If it's not included, there's a reason.

ISO mounts would count as support. rDNS & Windows re-installs (if you selected Windows and the plan had Windows available) are free and included even if you do not have support, to a reasonable degree. As in, we won't re-install your Windows every day.

Edmond said: Please start rotating the offers quicker...

We didn't intend everyone to refresh the page for 10 hours in a row and we didn't anticipate everyone expecting every single offer to meet their needs. They're randomized, so it's best to check it when you can, but don't invest too much time into it as that may just lead to disappointment.

The offers going any quicker would cause more errors in the provisioning process, and not leave enough time for everyone to order each offer.

Remember, the offer is meant to last a couple days. It will be 32-72 hours.

dfroe said: How about IPv6 support? I haven't found any information about that. Normally at least one IPv6 address should be included nowadays. Do we also get an IPv6 address/subnet with your KVM VPS?

No IPv6. Once the majority of people start requiring IPv6 we may more aggressively pursue it with the datacenters.

JabJab said: Few offers were gone in like 3 minutes, latest tend to stay for full 30 minutes period :(

We're using the less desirable offers as a method to reduce the load on our webservers.

CasualCanvas said: @Virmach I'm not sure if your script stopped working or it provisioned the same offer as the one 30min+ ago.

Some offers may be similar.

neutronscott said: Only if I could get rDNS setup for free. This is usually an automated thing. Unfair! I've all this RAM and no disk, I may as well use it for SMTP but would like rDNS :(

rDNS is free, but we're super strict with mailing. Please clear your volume with us first if it's more than 100 e-mails an hour.

andiklive said: 12:36AM FlagThanks

@VirMach how many offer came up for OVZ 512-1024Mb. i need it for all location in the US.

Most our OVZ servers got delayed. I just confirmed with CC that we won't be getting San Jose OVZ in time for the sale.

simlev said: I have two questions about the shared hosting offers: which locations are available? and is SSH access included?

Buffalo, NY. Please open a ticket for jailed shell.

simlev said: I have two questions about the shared hosting offers: which locations are available? and is SSH access included?

Dextronox said: Alright @Virmach, how far through this insanity are we? Or are we just getting started?

I need to know if I'll take out a second mortgage or not.

There's over 2000 VMs left over.

Mxl said: @Virmach I dont get my cp username and cant login/reset password.

Username is sent in welcome e-mail.

WSS said: @Virmach I hate to say this, but your "Use whatever's left on the machines" script is building some really awful setups. Who needs as much RAM as HD? I know you're trying to use up the unused CPU and SSD is limited, but this is almost comedic. C'mon.. give us some good old 2016-style builds!

ben47955 said: Do custom ISO will be available ?

If you have support.

WSS said: @Virmach I hate to say this, but your "Use whatever's left on the machines" script is building some really awful setups. Who needs as much RAM as HD? I know you're trying to use up the unused CPU and SSD is limited, but this is almost comedic. C'mon.. give us some good old 2016-style builds!

I'm not going to sugar coat it much, threads like this as well as everyone with limited support who creates tickets and expect supports, lower stock levels, and increasing costs due to the improvements we've made (24x7 L1/L2 support, Live Chat, 2x1Gbps Port upgrades on all servers, 10Gbps servers, free backups, increased free DDoS Protection, $2 for 500Gbps Voxility IPs, 100% SLA with 1 week credit, new locations) have definitely made it harder to bring back the same priced deals as before without looking through some older semi-filled nodes.

The problem is that disk is fully dedicated on KVM. We do not use thin LVM or any tricks to sell more disk than the exact amount assigned. So a lot of these nodes are left over with less disk, especially since we switched our SSD256 to include 10GB disk for $1.25 per month. I'll see what we can do about this moving forward.

Unfortunately, we're not going to prioritize giving more disk to offers we are losing money on. However, we will try our best to make the offers a little better moving forward today.

chaoszero112 said: Serious question for the LET community; What can be done with high RAM/High CPU, low BW, 5GB SSD?

Intensive scripts that use CPU and RAM, but are smaller than a few gigs. It would also make a nice desktop environment as a second computer. Store large files elsewhere, and use it to browse the web or run CPU hogging applications. These would also be really good for certain gameservers that do not have large files.

I'm sure other LET members can come up with more specific uses, especially the ones purchasing the 5GB packages.

• and a new one

$23.00 /yr

RAM 2048MB DEDICATED RAM
    CPU 2x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    HDD 20GB SSD (RAID 10)
    BANDWIDTH 1000GB BANDWIDTH
    IPs 1 DEDICATED IPv4

• @VirMach said:

We will give LET members a chance to re-enable offers that were cancelled due to error. This means if you ordered, paid, but your order was cancelled and you were refunded. Please private message us on LET with the exact plan specifications and pricing. Also include the time you ordered (will help us track the offer) and your VirMach account details.

Even better, sent you the Invoice number as well to help you track. /wink /wink

• @chaoszero112 said:
    Serious question for the LET community; What can be done with high RAM/High CPU, low BW, 5GB SSD?

It can be used for testing software.
    Some softwares need large RAM and CPU to start, but they just need a bit diskspace.

I still haven't seen many offer with large enough RAM though. The script seems limit the offers to 4 - 5 GB of RAM.

• Now with the "install later" i'm a bit confused, what is the thing to be sure to have windows ?

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited November 2017

Looks like @virmach is done with that thread too lol.

You SELL $2 for 500Gbps Voxility IPs????? Is that a DEAL?? I WANT! (if it's yearly pricing)

• @ben47955 said:
    Now with the "install later" i'm a bit confused, what is the thing to be sure to have windows ?

Ones that can run Windows have 2 options: Install Later or Windows 2008. If you only see Install Later, no windows.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@Virmach any EU offers aka Flash Deals?

Jebing said: The script seems limit the offers to 4 - 5 GB of RAM.

These were normalized a little more so people don't complain about having way too much RAM and not enough disk. There were definitely some previous 8-12GB RAM offers, and some higher that I worked down when the disk was increased.

For example, there was an offer with around 6GB RAM and 5GB disk. It was modified to 20GB disk, so we could have increased the RAM to 24GB but instead it was decreased to somewhere around 4GB.

ben47955 said: Now with the "install later" i'm a bit confused, what is the thing to be sure to have windows ?

Install later will not be Windows.

Edmond said: You SELL $2 for 500Gbps Voxility IPs????? Is that a DEAL?? I WANT! (if it's yearly pricing)

Not per year. I think we did have some kind of crazy annual deal for it in the past.

Neoon said: @Virmach any EU offers aka Flash Deals?

I believe there's one Germany offer, but it may have expired. I saw someone being disappointed by it in this thread.

$31/yr, 2GB RAM, 2 Cores, 30GB SSD, 2TB Bandwidth with Windows in Frankfurt.

There's also some Amsterdam OVZ left (maybe.)

Unfortunately, Europe KVM was delayed by the datacenter. So not much more left.

• @CasualCanvas said:

@VirMach said:

Even better, sent you the Invoice number as well to help you track. /wink /wink

@VirMach

• 1, If a new VPS comes with IP blocked by China, is it eligibled to change IP for free? Looks like it need $5 one-time fee.

2, I dont got my SolusVM account name nor in Email history, can I ask for free support?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

singhigh said: 2, I dont got my SolusVM account name nor in Email history, can I ask for free support?

You can switch to SolusVM from WHMCS. Just press "Control Panel" in your service view.

Thanked by 1VirMach