Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack/nocix review wanted
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack/nocix review wanted

Hi ,

I want buy one E5 server . please share your review for nocix Ded server ,

Tnx

Comments

• I heard it's premium.

• LOL.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

There was something on WHT about them being down for some (?) time yesterday.

• MadMad Member

It's not that difficult, there is a nice "Search" button both here, Google and WHT.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

If you want a bare bones server with decent bandwidth then they are pretty good. However be happy with the node you pick because their configs cannot be altered at all. Plus the only OSes available that they will help you with are the ones in their provisioning system. So if you're happy with that then they're decent.

• @agoldenberg said:
    If you want a bare bones server with decent bandwidth then they are pretty good. However be happy with the node you pick because their configs cannot be altered at all. Plus the only OSes available that they will help you with are the ones in their provisioning system. So if you're happy with that then they're decent.

What about uptime and network reliability ?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

good

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@junkless can't really comment. only been with them a month.

• it's old topic but after 3 month I really dont like..
    Server often is offline for technicals problem, the ticket system reply only a bot.
    I prefer pay more and has a real person to reply also after few hours.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2017

cwebme said: Server often is offline for technicals problem, the ticket system reply only a bot. I prefer pay more and has a real person to reply also after few hours.

I have 4 servers with them, 2 with nocix and 2 with WSI (they are the same). Every time I open a ticket, I get response in less than an hour and not by a bot but real human answer. I use two of the servers for production stuff and I have almost never faced a downtime to those or the other two servers. And I am a customer of them for 3+ years now.
    So, can you provide us some evidence of their slow support and/or downtime that made you necroing an over a year thread as your 5th comment in LET?

• WSSWSS Member

For the time I was with WSI, I never had a problem after my reinstallation. Their support was curt, and direct- they wouldn't support my install (it wasn't on their list of approved distributions), but I could use the ancient sysrescue boot CD to fix it by myself.

No complaints.

• emghemgh Member

@cwebme said:
    it's old topic but after 3 month I really dont like..
    Server often is offline for technicals problem, the ticket system reply only a bot.
    I prefer pay more and has a real person to reply also after few hours.

Seems like a high quality host if they actually coded an AI to act like a human that can solve network issues.

• @jvnadr said:

cwebme said: Server often is offline for technicals problem, the ticket system reply only a bot. I prefer pay more and has a real person to reply also after few hours.

I have 4 servers with them, 2 with nocix and 2 with WSI (they are the same). Every time I open a ticket, I get response in less than an hour and not by a bot but real human answer. I use two of the servers for production stuff and I have almost never faced a downtime to those or the other two servers. And I am a customer of them for 3+ years now.
    So, can you provide us some evidence of their slow support and/or downtime that made you necroing an over a year thread as your 5th comment in LET?

I haven't used DataShack for a few years now, but I share this same experience with you. They always replied fast, with human answers and weren't just pondering. It's a budget host, sometimes you will experience downtime but they are upfront. I had 1 issue where my HDD/CPU fried (can't remember which one) and was replaced within the hour.

• jaejae Member

I have 2 cheapest instant server since 8 months ago, downtime once less than one hour. once Loss ptr record fixed in 4 days. Other than that, perfect server for my need.

Ticket will instantly replied by bot, but soon human will follow up

• they dont have stable network, and hdd too old. but its okay for storage, for webserver i really not recommend it far more as production website. and some server plans have fee if you want to reinstall os. better go with provider that have IPMI access.

Datashack, Nocix, WSI just avoid it if you have more budget and go to another provider.

• WSSWSS Member

@andiklive said:
    Datashack, Nocix, WSI just avoid it if you have more budget and go to another provider.

You do realize where you are, right?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @WSS said:
    You do realize where you are, right?

sorry no mean to offense this provider, but i have bad experience, every person have different experience with every provider. if another person have good experience, so its good for them.

if i remember last time i need to reinstall OS it'll cost about $20-25.

• @andiklive said:

IIRC, they provide automated re-installs now.

• I am having a 2xE5-2670-32GB-2x240SSD Instant dedicated server($69/m) with them now. I am using it as a webserver. It would be too early to give a review as I am with them from last 20 days only. Yes, they do provide auto OS-Reinstall on their panel.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2017

andiklive said: if i remember last time i need to reinstall OS it'll cost about $20-25.

When did you have services with them? WSI do have automatic reinstalls since (at least) 2014 I am with them, and IIRC Nocix do have them at least since 2015. Dacentec also do have automatic reinstallations.

andiklive said: they dont have stable network

WSI/Nocix network is pretty decent. TB connection to all servers with plenty of bandwidth and not really noticeable hickups. Here are speeds:

Location                     Provider        Speed  
    CDN                           Cachefly         80.8MB/s  
    Atlanta, GA, US           Coloat            48.9MB/s  
    Dallas, TX, US             Softlayer         32.7MB/s  
    Seattle, WA, US           Softlayer         4.10MB/s  
    San Jose, CA, US         Softlayer         36.5MB/s  
    Washington, DC, US    Softlayer         38.5MB/s  
    Tokyo, Japan              Linode            14.8MB/s  
    Singapore                  Softlayer          8.74MB/s  
    Rotterdam, Neth.        id3.net            7.16MB/s  
    Haarlem, Netherlands  Leaseweb       33.2MB/s  

andiklive said: better go with provider that have IPMI access.

Dacentec servers do have an IPMI access, the cheaper models not owned but rented for free (just have to wait for availability). In any case, all 3 companies do have sysrescue mode to troubleshoot your server.

andiklive said: some server plans have fee if you want to reinstall os

There is no any plan with fee for reinstallation. Not only that, but the support is fast and top-notch, beating more expensive providers.

TL'DR: It is good to share our experiences, but it is better to be accurate and not suggesting things based on false claims...

• WSSWSS Member

@andiklive said:
    sorry no mean to offense this provider, but i have bad experience, every person have different experience with every provider. if another person have good experience, so its good for them.

Other than providing virtually no support for their cheap-ass-fuck machines (Core2, I'm looking at you), I've had no problem whatsoever with WSI. You get the OS's that are prepopulated in the web interface, and unless there's a hardware failure, they don't care. They politely told me that they weren't going to assist me with a network issue as the ancient version of Debian worked fine, but booting from their ancient sysresq CD image would enable me to work on the machine without having to reinstall. I knew what I was getting into, even if I'd have expected a little more than that. Can't say I was displeased for my ~$0.333/day dedi.

• @Junkless said:
    IIRC, they provide automated re-installs now.

last time i have server with datashack their plans have preconfig and not preconfig server, with preconfig support will install os for you, and non preconfig its have fee for reinstall os.

@jvnadr said:
    When did you have services with them? WSI do have automatic reinstalls since (at least) 2014 I am with them, and IIRC Nocix do have them at least since 2015. Dacentec also do have automatic reinstallations.

Dacentec servers do have an IPMI access, the cheaper models not owned but rented for free (just have to wait for availability). In any case, all 3 companies do have sysrescue mode to troubleshoot your server.

its early 2014 i think, its datashack before change to nocix right now.

im not mentioning Dacentec in any post, its was Datashack, WSI and Nocix that its same company last time i heard.

i have storage server with dacentec, and im happy with that. they have auto reinstall os, if everything going wrong, just request IPMI and they will give access for 12hour. ticket support reply in less than 15m, but dont have to sent ticket if server run solid.

• I don't have anything there but maybe someday. I've emailed them a product question or two and they answered coherently, always a good thing. One small gripe is that all network traffic counts against your internet traffic quota, even if it's to another machine in the same data center. Otherwise it could be cool to set up a cluster of some cpu machines and some storage machines. I guess it's still doable but you have to be more careful. Overall 33TB is a lot of bw so I'm not too bothered by this.

• Now Nocix is giving 100TB bw on new orders.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2017

cwebme said: it's old topic but after 3 month

And now the necro poster that did not like the services of them, is banned for shilling having his own dedicated company! Nice!

cwebme said: Edit by @jarland: This post was written by the owner of a shitty web host while trying to lie to LET members, pretending to be a customer of their own service to market their piece of shit service.

• I've had servers with nocix / datashack off and on for years. They have always been stable. If you look their bgp it can be a little scary because its mainly rr but I can't think of a time where it's effected me.

As far as re-installations on their "custom servers" they have done them free for me although I think I only had to do it once in 6 months. On their "instant servers" you can reinstall OS though panel.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited September 2017